Pages:
Author

Topic: $8,000 worth ETH stolen - page 5. (Read 601 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 10
April 19, 2018, 05:25:09 PM
Im so sorry to hear this,but if you are doing your best to protect your keys you wont have experience this,mew wallet are secured not unless you are not using metamask,or hardwallet becausethee are the most importnat things that you should have,you wont be hacked when you have these two powerful things,metmask are blocking  phishing sites,hardwallets add some extra layer of protection in your wallet.
copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 294
April 19, 2018, 05:23:13 PM
Maybe you have entered your private key in a phishing website.

Most probably this is the reason behind this hack because it is really impossible to hack a wallet without details of wallet, there are many replica websites which are created only for this purpose.
Many beginners get into this trap as like OP, BTW unfortunately there is no way to trace person from wallet address,
Activity: 194
April 19, 2018, 05:21:11 PM
You shouldnt get hacked,when you follow basic things that you should have,hardwalet,metamask, and common sense,never use decentralized exchanges when you dont have metamask because it encrypts your private keys when you are using these exchanges,you wont need to put your keys manually to these exchanges such as fork and etherdelta.
Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation
April 19, 2018, 05:19:12 PM
Sorry to hear that but i do think you have logged in your account or private key to a phishing site which si why your keys are stolen,you could prevent this from using metamsk extension in your browser,that is why you should be doing your best to keep those private keys secured,do not save your keys into a plac where the hackers can easily access it.,use hardwallet and you will be fine.
Activity: 106
April 19, 2018, 05:04:58 PM
Maybe you have entered your private key in a phishing website.
You can't identify the hacker only with that address. It seems that the account was new and created solely for that purpose (storage of stolen tokens/Eth). There's no outgoing transaction as of yet and the address continue to receive tokens.

What I noticed was most tokens received were limited to Utrust, PHI, STP, SPA, SDE, TKT, ebit, COPYTRACK, Transmission, GlobCoin Crypto Platform. Does one of these tokens send you an email or let you fill out something connected to your wallet? If yes, that might be the cause.

nightmare. you want to say that if some company sends an e-mail, then it can be to crack a wallet? so do not answer then and do not open the letter at all?
Merit: 0
April 19, 2018, 04:56:47 PM
There is no way to find out the person from its wallet address. And also no way to return your tokens back. Everyone should beware of the scammers and hackers around.
Activity: 210
The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content
April 19, 2018, 04:45:23 PM
 Not stolen,but you did gave your private keys to these hackers easily.You should be using metamask extension + hardwallet (ledger or trezor) as these two hardwallets are the most trusted,you could be logged in to a specific phishing sites, that is why your keys are stolen without you knowing it.These are just few reasons why your funds where stolen.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
April 19, 2018, 04:43:46 PM
My ETH account got hacked.
My ETH address: 0xeA93c05EEbfb134951B1bFac10358625B7A12C43

I did bounty and collected tokens from 29 ICOs. I kept them so when the price increased then I will sell them.

But a hacker stole my account.

Hacker's ETH address: 0x405e23ddfdc59e847cbf6f953d0115ed2ae96a8e

I kept everything secure and nobody knew my private key. Dont know how I got hacked.

Is there a way to identify the hacker from that address?

And can I do anything to get my ETH & tokens back?

And looks like he is still hacking other accounts.
You receive 8000$ from bounties? How long did it take and what kind of bounty you did?
Activity: 186
April 19, 2018, 04:39:08 PM
Nope you didnt,because you followed security precautions which is why your private keys got compromised,mew wallet wont be hacked by some if they didnt knew your private keys,or you could be victim of phishing sites which you can be prevented when you installed metamask extension,it is your fault to take that is why it is on you.
Activity: 224
April 19, 2018, 04:37:06 PM
That's fishing for sure. It's a pity to lost such money Sad
I had one time MyEtherwallet fishing experience but I was lucky that I check every time the link. And then I saw something strange in it. So the best way to protect yourself from that is to add myetherwallet to bookmarks.
Hope you will have your money back
Activity: 258
Merit: 12
April 19, 2018, 04:29:56 PM
You could have been secured your keys using hardwallets,it is very cheap and you should have bought one because it can easily protect your private keys even if your computer was infected by some viruses or malwares out there,you should be protecting your keys whenever you are using decentralized exchanges so that you wont lose your keys.
Activity: 210
April 19, 2018, 04:24:34 PM
It is due to your negligence,you should be protecting your private keys,buy some hardwallet,or atleast intall metamask extension so that everytime you are transacting to any dex or decentralized exchange you wont be needed to put your private keys because these decentralized exchanges shouldnt be trusted! You could have been saved when you are doing the basic things.
Activity: 635
Merit: 251
April 19, 2018, 04:20:30 PM
Go through your browser history and check if you visited a phishing site.
Activity: 351
Merit: 100
April 19, 2018, 04:15:50 PM
I think u have entered a wrong website, there is no way an hacker can get assess to ur wallet without having ur private keys, I hope this is not from someone close to u. And there is no way to get those tokens back unless u know private keys to the new address
Activity: 401
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
April 19, 2018, 04:14:32 PM
Sorry for your lost. I think there is no way you can get your token back. You can't be hacked without someone having access to your private key. Maybe someone who is close to you knows where you kept your private key on your PC or you mistakenly shared it online.
Activity: 182
April 19, 2018, 04:13:18 PM
Not hacked,you are a victime of phishing sites,because i believed you didnt use metamask extension that is why your private keys were compromised,you should protecting those coins to a safe place,and never place it to  somewhere else that has internet access so that you wont be losing your keys to from these phishing sites.
Activity: 294
Merit: 106
April 19, 2018, 04:12:43 PM
Your tokens can not be returned, but you can still draw conclusions from this situation, listen to what the experienced guys tell you in this topic. Use this knowledge to not lose your money next time.
Data security is a very important factor when working with digital money on the Internet. Please give more attention to this issue.
Activity: 308
Merit: 106
April 19, 2018, 04:11:07 PM
sorry for you man, you must have given tyour private key by mistake somewhere somehow, it is a good lesson you learnt today, thanks for sharing, we will be more careful
Activity: 182
Merit: 7
Block chain enthusiast
April 19, 2018, 04:10:20 PM
Probably you've entered your private key in a phishing site.
Never use the private key or keystore file to log in to your Eth wallet.
Always use a hardware wallet or meta mask extension.

There is a very less chance to identify the hacker.
I did a bitcointalk search and a google search of hackers address. No trace was found.
Looks like the hacker has used a brand new Eth address.
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
April 19, 2018, 04:03:08 PM
There isn't really anything you can do at the moment. Here in cryptocurrencies you are the owner and controller of your money. Since, it decentralized and anonymous. You can't do anything to find the hackers identity or get your tokens back. When it comes to mew, never share your pvt keys with anyone and always double check the URL.
Pages:
Jump to: