Pages:
Author

Topic: [*] 8BIT [Dark Masternodes][Anon][Roadmap Stage 4] - page 2. (Read 379550 times)

Activity: 461
Merit: 13
you got me worried so i'm doing a full resync from scratch in an ubuntu client and a windows client as well.

This will take a long time, I suppose. The chain is extremely hard to resync. Would be nice if there were other members with fresh chains, so I could put it on the homepage for download.
Activity: 670
Merit: 130
you got me worried so i'm doing a full resync from scratch in an ubuntu client and a windows client as well.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1073
I still need a current bootstrap.dat. Anyone else who has one?

Not me, unfortunately.. My blockchain copy got damaged and I am slowly resyncing. "Slowly" is the key word here... Undecided I am still at end of May 2019.
I still need a current bootstrap.dat. Anyone else who has one?
Could someone, please, upload a fresh bootstrap.dat?
My node suddenly stopped a few days ago so that I don't have a fresh copy to put on the webpage for download.

Thanks in advance.

i am uploading but it needs a bit time.
i'll send you a pm.

No problem. Many thanks!
Activity: 670
Merit: 130
My node suddenly stopped a few days ago so that I don't have a fresh copy to put on the webpage for download.

Thanks in advance.

i am uploading but it needs a bit time.
i'll send you a pm.

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 480
Merit: 250
I have problem with mn. On mn list is visible, is start, but no mn reward for 3 weeks. Any advice?
legendary
Realy ? * 8bit is gone? ..thats sad.

Looks like that. First it lost the developer, then it lost the community. I was under impression it has an extraordinary ability to attract community back (maybe due to its name), but this time apparently this didn't work. Even a new potent developer, who popped out of the blue, wasn't able to awaken the community.

The chain is working well though. Moving forward quite regularly, with current block 2119980 and 16 active connections to my wallet.
Activity: 394
Merit: 100
Realy ? * 8bit is gone? ..thats sad.
Activity: 394
Merit: 100
As there is not enough support from the community there will be no development/swap/new-coin in the foreseeable future.
Creating a new coin and coordinating everything is not an easy task and requires a broader support which in this case simply doesn't exist.
It makes no sense to me to do all the work without any support.

To the few people here: many thanks!

I'm actually just stumbling across this project and thread (today of all days!)... wow. I'm surprised that there wasn't any support for this... really cool look to the project. I love what you did with the webpage and source code - I'm having a look myself since I was curious if the chain is still moving or not (seems like it is!).

Just for fun I think I'll setup a node and poke around the network - I'm curious if there are still any masternodes up and running...

Come check out @QuantisNetwork too!

They actually have 8000 MASTERNODES online..More than any other Masternode Coin/Community!
Is this one also death?
I'm on the team and in the discord if you want to stop by and ask questions...Our community is 1600+ on Discord!

https://discord.gg/thtDzqN

DISCORD LINK ABOVE ^^^

I just finished up with a press release too that will be on our new medium channel soon!

PM on Discord - you'll see me... mastertrader777 #3108
thats indeed impressive, i am no linux guy, otherwise i was also running one ...
but why is the price so low with so many loyal MN holders Huh

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502
As there is not enough support from the community there will be no development/swap/new-coin in the foreseeable future.
Creating a new coin and coordinating everything is not an easy task and requires a broader support which in this case simply doesn't exist.

I'm actually just stumbling across this project and thread (today of all days!)... wow. I'm surprised that there wasn't any support for this... really cool look to the project. I love what you did with the webpage and source code - I'm having a look myself since I was curious if the chain is still moving or not (seems like it is!).

Just for fun I think I'll setup a node and poke around the network - I'm curious if there are still any masternodes up and running...

They actually have 8000 MASTERNODES online..More than any other Masternode Coin/Community!

I'm on the team and in the discord if you want to stop by and ask questions...Our community is 1600+ on Discord!

DISCORD LINK ABOVE ^^^

I just finished up with a press release too that will be on our new medium channel soon!

thats indeed impressive, i am no linux guy, otherwise i was also running one ...
but why is the price so low with so many loyal MN holders Huh

Well, I've updated the code so it can now be built for Linux, Windows and macOS. Previously, it was only Linux, afaik. From time to time, I'm creating a new bootstrap.dat (just did it today) and publishing the gzipped file on https://8bit.cash homepage.

As there wasn't that much interest in this coin and not much support I won't be updating the code any time soon. However, the project can be used for testing & playing around. Not sure if it ever will become a coin with any monetary value, but as there are many shitcoins around, I think this is not that important.

Regards,
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

DISCORD LINK ABOVE ^^^

Activity: 250
Merit: 12
Support Guru

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Hello again,

The new home page is live.

https://8bit.cash

I see you bro...Good stuff!
Activity: 501
Merit: 503
Worth a try, think i still hold some.
legendary
Interesting... Nova Exchange listed many coins from Cryptopia, including some which I know have practically no development team... Not sure how they got listed. Looks like it had some sense to apply. Though, its late now anyway.

legendary

What I know from the code is that the Spork SPORK_1_MASTERNODE_PAYMENTS_ENFORCEMENT_DEFAULT gets marked as unknown. Just go through your logs to see it. Search for "Spork unknown" and similar entries. I am not sure why is this happening as I don't know the whole "code"-past of this coin and what changes got into it over the last few years.

I think that the only "sane" way would be to create a new coin, with a certain premine and offer the holders on 8bit coins a time window to swap the old coins for new ones. Although I personally hate premines as they almost always mean something's scammy, there is no other, more "economic" way to get rid of the old code and start with a new blank page.

And regarding this - yes, switching to new blockchain seems to be the best way to fix the mentioned issues, as otherwise the time investment could be huge.
As for swap - indeed swaps have some 'scammy' associations, but from the other hand, most of swaps done last years were not scammy at all (the ones I am aware of).

Except traditional swap option, there is another, much less questionable method used by many solid developers lately, I am sure you are aware of it. In short it is this: a) get a snapshot of the user balances as of some date; b) generate a genesis block of the new blockchain containing all those balances, with the same (or derived) private keys as on old chain; c) release the new coin, so each user of the old one, could import his private keys to the new wallet, and unlock his coins. What do you think of that method?

There is another possible issue with swap approach - I am sure some users will not switch to the new coin, and will continue to run the old one, especially as I suspect many node owners do not even check the thread (it seems). But well, probably its not important, as those users are free to run 8BIT Classic later if they want to. Now when 8BIT is not listed on exchanges, could be the most convenient time to switch to a new chain.

Another good thing to understand now, when there is no exchange, no noisy speculators, and its nicely quiet here (while there is small tech-oriented community) - is to find out what direction this project can flow into...
Pages:
Jump to: