Pages:
Author

Topic: [*] 8BIT [Dark Masternodes][Anon][Roadmap Stage 4] - page 7. (Read 379544 times)

Activity: 461
Merit: 13
First, thanks brakmic for your work. I am sure it will be advantagous to 8bit that we again have a working wallet outside of Linux.

Tried to get the new code to compile, but so far I have not been successful.

Code:
g++ -c -O2  -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-ignored-qualifiers -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DUSE_SECP256K1 -I/home/username/compile/8bit-reboot/src -I/home/username/compile/8bit-reboot/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DENABLE_WALLET -I/home/username/compile/8bit-reboot/src/leveldb/include -I/home/username/compile/8bit-reboot/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/chainparams.d -o obj/chainparams.o chainparams.cpp
chainparams.cpp: In constructor ‘CMainParams::CMainParams()’:
chainparams.cpp:89:45: warning: extended initializer lists only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11
         base58Prefixes[PUBKEY_ADDRESS] = {18};

When I get to chainparams I get a bunch of those extended initializer errors.

You're welcome.

The problem you have is your compiler. As the error message says you must have a modern C++ compiler (C++11 and upwards).
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
First, thanks brakmic for your work. I am sure it will be advantagous to 8bit that we again have a working wallet outside of Linux.

Tried to get the new code to compile, but so far I have not been successful.

Code:
g++ -c -O2  -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-ignored-qualifiers -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DUSE_SECP256K1 -I/home/username/compile/8bit-reboot/src -I/home/username/compile/8bit-reboot/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DENABLE_WALLET -I/home/username/compile/8bit-reboot/src/leveldb/include -I/home/username/compile/8bit-reboot/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/chainparams.d -o obj/chainparams.o chainparams.cpp
chainparams.cpp: In constructor ‘CMainParams::CMainParams()’:
chainparams.cpp:89:45: warning: extended initializer lists only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11
         base58Prefixes[PUBKEY_ADDRESS] = {18};

When I get to chainparams I get a bunch of those extended initializer errors.

I have successfully synced with the chain data, 2xjO9M3P !

Many thanks.

Btw. I just saw that someone sent a donation to our project a few days ago. These are the perks of having a synced chain.  Grin

Many thanks to the donor!

It would help us a lot if you could make a copy of your chain data and upload it somewhere for example on MEGA.nz

Just so I'm sure I do it right, do we need just the blk0001.dat file, or do I need to include txleveldb folder as well?

All of them. database, txleveldb and blk0001.dat file.

Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3m38xdz0wo5uw11/8bit_1807816.zip?dl=0
https://mega.nz/#!miIjHQhR!WYGihFbLnq0aSWpMwomjaQX1nvKBp9SNE8eIK3Uibdk

As requested

Awesome! Many thanks!
Now I can also setup the explorer.
Will be located at https://explorer.8bit.cash

I have also contacted the CoinMarketCap team and given them the new source code repo and webpage. However, they want also the coin to be listed at two exchanges before they make it visible by default.

Well, it will take some time but it's doable.

It would help us a lot if you could make a copy of your chain data and upload it somewhere for example on MEGA.nz

Just so I'm sure I do it right, do we need just the blk0001.dat file, or do I need to include txleveldb folder as well?

Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3m38xdz0wo5uw11/8bit_1807816.zip?dl=0
https://mega.nz/#!miIjHQhR!WYGihFbLnq0aSWpMwomjaQX1nvKBp9SNE8eIK3Uibdk

As requested

Thanks!

Please give the blockchain status on 04/25/2019.

Code:
xxx@xxx:~$ date
Thu 25 Apr 23:07:59 CEST 2019
xxx@xxx:~$ 8bitd getinfo
{
    "version" : "v2.1.0.0-g",
    "protocolversion" : 60020,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
[...]
    "blocks" : 1807270,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "moneysupply" : 2256297.18618273,
    "connections" : 38,
[...]

Still running the "original" code, but chain should (hopefully) be the same

Thanks for your work man!!
I was still running my node on Linux and i am Happy to have hodl my coins Wink
I'll be Happy to list 8bit free on my platform when there will be a reliable blockexplorer live.
www.Coinshoarder.net <-- feel free to ask to list other Coin if you like it. That's for masternode/pos/(future pow) control status, market overview and alert system on tx or node down on mail/Telegram/(future discord)

I will activate the explorer as soon as I have synced the complete chain. It would be nice if someone could upload the latest chain data. The one I am using is from Oct. 2018 and it will take long, long time to update.

So, the sooner someone posts a fully synced chain the sooner we will have an explorer.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Thanks for your work man!!
I was still running my node on Linux and i am Happy to have hodl my coins Wink
I'll be Happy to list 8bit free on my platform when there will be a reliable blockexplorer live.
www.Coinshoarder.net <-- feel free to ask to list other Coin if you like it. That's for masternode/pos/(future pow) control status, market overview and alert system on tx or node down on mail/Telegram/(future discord)
Activity: 38
Please give bootstrap on 04/26/2019.

Code:
xxx@xxx:~$ date
Thu 25 Apr 23:07:59 CEST 2019
xxx@xxx:~$ 8bitd getinfo
{
    "version" : "v2.1.0.0-g",
    "protocolversion" : 60020,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
[...]
    "blocks" : 1807270,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "moneysupply" : 2256297.18618273,
    "connections" : 38,
[...]

Still running the "original" code, but chain should (hopefully) be the same
Activity: 38
Sadly, I had to give up the number 864 and move up to 306, because they don't allow anymore to choose numbers individually but simply take the next one that's free.

Ok, nothing tragic as it will be invisible to users anyway.
I reserved the SLIP44 number 864 which we will later need when integrating 8Bit with Trezor Hardware Wallet.

https://github.com/satoshilabs/slips/pull/604

More on SLIP numbers here: https://github.com/satoshilabs/slips/blob/master/slip-0044.md

Our number 864 fits nicely with our theme, I think: 8bit + C64 Wink
Hello again,

The new home page is live.

https://8bit.cash

Hi 8Bit fans,

The release v2.1.0.0 is now available for download (macOS & win32, linux can be compiled)

https://github.com/8bit-crypto/8bit-reboot/releases/tag/v2.1.0.0

Have fun!
Hello Harris,

You are the hero we got but we certainly don't deserve.

Thank you for taking over, thank you for doing so much work in such a short timeframe and without any silly announcement.

Thank you for even taking the time to write detailed posts that actually make sense.

Thank you for emphasizing what should and shouldn't be done when it comes to consensus rule changes.

Thank you for not getting triggered with some of us, zombies in here.

Hi, GintoniK

Too kind. But many thanks!  Smiley

Out of curiosity only, how come you chose this deadcoin? is it only sentimental value of the 90ies?

Thanks for trying at least.

I stumbled upon 8bit two years ago but I couldn't get in contact with the devs here. Actually, I don't even remember having tried it as the whole structure around the coin seemed very opaque to me. It wasn't clear who is doing what, what the responsibilities were, and what the actual plan was.

Also, the home page looked rather spartan.

All in all, it was too easy to give up at this point and so I moved on to other things.

And of course being a true 90es kid I would really like to work on a coin project related to the best decade of human history. Yes, I'm exaggerating here but that's the whole point of the 90es, isn't it?  Grin

Currently, I am compiling the Qt framework for Windows and macOS in parallel.

Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to get the binaries, so that our 8bit can begin again.

Cheers,
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
I Speak Future
Hello Harris,

You are the hero we got but we certainly don't deserve.

Thank you for taking over, thank you for doing so much work in such a short timeframe and without any silly announcement.

Thank you for even taking the time to write detailed posts that actually make sense.

Thank you for emphasizing what should and shouldn't be done when it comes to consensus rule changes.

Thank you for not getting triggered with some of us, zombies in here.

Out of curiosity only, how come you chose this deadcoin? is it only sentimental value of the 90ies?

Thanks for trying at least.
PLS where is link to download win wallet? Grin

He stated in the bottom of his message that he will post it later.

It was almost 3AM when I finally compiled the Win32 binary. Rushing into things when tired is not professional.
Also, binaries alone aren't enough. There are some licensing obligations with Qt when people use their IDE for building stuff. Qt IDE doesn't allow static linking and I don't want to ship a binary accompanied by a bunch of DLLs.

Therefore, another build session will be needed, this time for building Qt itself. Then I will be able to make statically linked libraries.

Of course, only if I succeed in building Qt environment itself.

Info for Linux users:

I have been able to compile it on one of my Linux servers as well, so they can repeat the same for their respective distribution. They of course don't need Qt if running on servers. But if they want to use it on desktop Linux then simply install Qt packages for your distribution and compile it with Qt Creator IDE. It's the same way as with Win32 and macOS.

From what i understand he had to do a loooot of work due to old code and not only fixing the code but make it more "readable" (cleaner) so that if anyone wishes to continue this project could do it without spending ours figuring out what the code actually says/makes.

Exactly.

An old, buggy code base is not very useful for any concrete development plan.

Thank you very very much brakmic !!!

You're welcome.

Do you plan to take over and continue developing this?

I think I've already taken it over.

like changing me mn collateral etc. ?

In general, no Consensus Rules should even be changed without a vital reason like protecting a network from chain split, or to safeguard investors' funds.

One of the most important criteria that distinguishes a proper coin project from dilettante or scam projects is the way they treat their Consensus Rules.

Developers who follow individual wishes from chats, forums, or "because people want it so" are bigger enemies than professional scammers. Those who touch the code have all the power. Those who touch the code recklessly have all the power of idiots.

In short: I will never change a single bit in the Consensus Rules without being forced to do so. For example, in case of emergency.

What this project needs is discipline, due diligence, and a plan.

What I am planning to do is:

• Setting up a proper GitHub organization for all the sources.
  • Generating statically linked binaries for macOS and Windows.
  • Setting up a proper home page, styled as c64 or some other 8bit iconic hardware.
  • Gradually updating the code base to reach later stages of Dash development, especially masternodes.
  • Embedding Tor functionality for anonymous networking. As this project already has some nice security features an embedded Tor would round it up nicely.
  • Setting up communication channels, like twitter, telegram, and discord (admins & mods needed!)
  • Setting up a few servers with running 8bit nodes to strengthen the network.
  • Getting 8bit back on exchanges.
  • Investigating options for a possible mobile app (Android & iOS).

All this will cost energy, time, and money. And it depends on the people who still run 8bit nodes and have invested in it.

If you, guys, think my work is worth something or if you want to support me, here's my donation address: 8JLMhnAk2koajGDjbyTREkEQXunBTuPMRX
Or if you want to send me some BTC satoshis, here my BTC address: 3MuRDxLt2L2D2XQ1hLvovLHxH3ixzucdDR

I would then use BTC funds to pay for servers, webspace and other costs related to this project. 8bit coins would only be used within the project. No trading whatsoever.

To all 8bit holders, fans, and users:

If you have another ideas that aren't touching the Consensus Rules or you want to support the project in any way, feel free to contact me.
Just go to my profile or check my twitter account: @brakmic

Cheers,

Pages:
Jump to: