Pages:
Author

Topic: [*] 8BIT [Dark Masternodes][Anon][Roadmap Stage 4] - page 85. (Read 379550 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 533
I will be back on Monday.

Khm... which Monday..?

Blue one or manic one - you pick.
Not publishing update yet as we are still testing new code - currently on the third testnet.

Interesting, i just would like to ask if there is a way to speed up the block download rather then use the bootstrap. Maybe something can be done regarding masternodes ? Is it possible to have an overall check list of what had been done, and what is still to be done ?
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

Khm... which Monday..?

Blue one or manic one - you pick.
Not publishing update yet as we are still testing new code - currently on the third testnet.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1073

Khm... which Monday..?
legendary
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW
Activity: 627
Merit: 500
Can someone post an actual blockchain of 8Bit (not the bootstrap), so I can get CryptoChainer.com updated?

i may help too  Cheesy who knows.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
find / -name base -exec chown -R us

IMPORTANT

To everyone with synced wallet: go to the console and type:

Code:
getblockhash 661233

If you will see a different value than:
Code:
8a30b973f8a48141ea68077e980c96f0d940dcb07aa8e68857aad0c37deaf06a

means you are on the fork which will be orphaned with new update. Disable staking (or just shut down your wallet) and wait for an update (soon).

Block explorer and 90% of nodes (including Bittrex) are on the right chain.

The 8bit Faucet and my block explorer wallet.... Totally on the right chain!  Grin

My personal wallets... Not so much... Ugh.   Angry

Oh well, staking/masternoding off for now... annnnd awaiting the new code.  

8-bit-party, just let me know either publicly or PM how I can help.
Could someone please post a step by step process of how to get the wallet up and running again.

I downloaded the latest bootstrap but for the life of me cannot get it to work.

Dummys guide to updating would be appreciated Smiley

For what platform?

Windows is OS

I thought put bootstrap in appdata\8bit but it is syncing from over 1yr 27wks ago and not loading bootstrap?

Even with the bootstrap file, I've found at least with my wallets, it still takes a few days to sync.

IMPORTANT

Code:
getblockhash 661233

Code:

means you are on the fork which will be orphaned with new update. Disable staking (or just shut down your wallet) and wait for an update (soon).

!!! omg
legendary
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

IMPORTANT

Code:
getblockhash 661233

Code:

Could someone please post a step by step process of how to get the wallet up and running again.

For what platform?

Windows is OS

I thought put bootstrap in appdata\8bit but it is syncing from over 1yr 27wks ago and not loading bootstrap?

same here, and it synces with only one node.
This is mainly why i asked for a new thread Cheesy
by the way, i changed the .conf file with all the connect posted two or three pages before, and i added the two nodes by addnode method.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10

For what platform?

Windows is OS

For what platform?
Activity: 105
Merit: 10

We will open a new, not moderated thread with a new code base release and coin swap announcement.
Till this time let's just grit our teeth and wait  Cool

Why no new thread now? Because I don't want to have first pages related to dealing with issues we have now...

HOWEVER

if you open a new, MODERATED thread that you will end with a link to the final one - I am completely fine with it.

Basically people always dig and bump abandoned threads what confuses other newcomers.

you are right.
When do you expect the relaunch ? ( because new code release, new ann, new features in website )
We will open a new, not moderated thread with a new code base release and coin swap announcement.

Why no new thread now? Because I don't want to have first pages related to dealing with issues we have now...

HOWEVER

if you open a new, MODERATED thread that you will end with a link to the final one - I am completely fine with it.

Basically people always dig and bump abandoned threads what confuses other newcomers.

Ok, this totally makes sense... I'll still be happy to make/maintain the new thread, but I like the idea of waiting until we have a major code release to do it, assuming that's going to happen reasonably soon'ish. 

Just let me know (either here or PM) where you think my help would be most valuable.

Thanks!
legendary
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

HOWEVER

I say go Cheesy

Hi guys,

I like this coin, i used it at a moment. I wouldl ike to thank the team behinde it's revival, however i strongly advise you to make a new  ANN thread because it is really hard to fetch updates. You know it is not easy to read the 255 pages to catch-up with the project.

This is a VERY solid idea. (and one that's been tried before, so if we do this, I'd really like to insure it works)

I would absolutely support the creation of a new ANN thread, if all the others here are also willing to move ALL discussion to the new thread.  

I'd also be happy to open the new ANN (Thus, I'd be responsible for keeping the first post up to date, and helpful for new users, which is really the idea here.)...

Opinions?
Hi guys,

I like this coin, i used it at a moment. I wouldl ike to thank the team behinde it's revival, however i strongly advise you to make a new  ANN thread because it is really hard to fetch updates. You know it is not easy to read the 255 pages to catch-up with the project.
I also advise you to go for a github wiki on how to use the different systems. I am not a professional user of masternodes or stealth addresses, however i like it's concept.

I had been really pleased to know that the blockchain is up and running again Cheesy

Keep up the good work  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: