Pages:
Author

Topic: [*] 8BIT [Dark Masternodes][Anon][Roadmap Stage 4] - page 96. (Read 379550 times)

Activity: 164
Merit: 100
find / -name base -exec chown -R us
Hiya folks!

Soooo, it seems we have another challenge here in 8bit-land.

Our favorite coin's main website (www.8-BIT.party) looks to be dead in a domain name has not been renewed sort of way.

So, once again, I'm more than happy to host things, donate some time and effort into building a new website, maybe make a new block explorer, etc. etc.  But, we're going to need to pull together the players who WANT to be involved at this point, and take some stock as to what road map we'd like to lay out for the coin. 

It seems to me, that based on a lack of presence or progress, 8-bit-party isn't really interested anymore.  (8-bit-party, I'm not hating on  you, if I'm wrong, please tell me, and lets get this ball rolling again) And, while the tech is outstanding, and the community isn't nearly dead, we're not really moving forward at this time either.   
I'd really like to turn this around.... soooo, here's some thoughts in no specific order....

• IF 8-bit-party is really done with dev efforts on this coin, it would become necessary to recruit a new dev, the easiest way to do so seems to be some sort of confirmed bounty in $8bit donated by the rest of us.
  • A new "official" website needs to be created.  (I can do this)
  • It would be nice if a new block explorer could be a part of that.  (I can LIKELY do this)
  • Regardless as to if it's 8-bit-party or someone new as dev, a road-map needs to be laid out, things like attracting places to accept $8bit as payment, a new better performing client/blockchain, android/iOS versions, etc. etc.

It seems to me, if we can pull together some sort of confirmed leadership team, and meet some/all of these goals, it would not be too hard to put this coin back to where it should be both in terms of value and an active community.  So either by public or private response, let's get this rolling, who can do what?  If you don't have any IT skills, please pledge to donate coins to attract a new dev, if you do have IT skills tell us what you'd be honestly willing to do, if you've got honest C skills, let's talk development/new client version efforts!   

It seems to me in a world where DASH is closest coin in terms of tech/features, but running a masternode there costs $6500 USD to get started, our $5 USD masternodes could attract a TON of people.... But, the problem is I don't currently know where to point folks to that idea.  Seriously, I can still see this taking off in a MAJOR way if we play our cards right, but I can't do this by myself... Who want's to play?  Who want's to see this thing get huge?

At this time I show 460 running masternodes on the network, to me that screams that there's still faith in this project... Let's make this happen. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001
Any news on the wallet download location?

Yep! It's been up and working for a few days.. the Windows wallet can be downloaded from http://8bit.netspecto.com/downloads/8bit-qt-2.1-win.zip
Great...thanks....Got my wallet up and working again...All is well...

Yep! It's been up and working for a few days.. the Windows wallet can be downloaded from http://8bit.netspecto.com/downloads/8bit-qt-2.1-win.zip
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 533
The 8-bit blockchain, which is very difficult to sync, is available for download at CryptoChainer.com.  Just being a few days out of sync will take sometimes a week to catch up, so this will save you a ton of time.

Thanks steeve
Activity: 228
Merit: 250
Activity: 627
Merit: 500
The 8-bit blockchain, which is very difficult to sync, is available for download at CryptoChainer.com.  Just being a few days out of sync will take sometimes a week to catch up, so this will save you a ton of time.
Activity: 473
amazing that this coin was in the top 10 of coinmarketcap just a week ago

LOL.. okay. sure.. for about 1 second when someone accidentally missed a zero or two when buying some.

still a great achievement for this coin though. a record written in the blockchain. how many clones of coins can lay claim to being in the top 10? lol  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing

LOL.. okay. sure.. for about 1 second when someone accidentally missed a zero or two when buying some.

Activity: 473
Activity: 228
legendary
Hi guys

I was busy/away from alts for some time (few months actually Smiley), not reading this thread...

Looks like we need the Windows wallet... Here it is: https://mega.nz/#!LhMQmAQC!wZoZm9fsk1NGm2H4vsbBVx2XZXyxKm50HZWfCSYUAz4.
Someone (allZuckedUp I suppose) could download it, check for viruses, and re-upload that to more official hosting...

That is the latest v2.1 wallet. I have the v2.0 too (keep all the wallets/versions of all the coins I am/was following), but not sure someone would need it. Don't have MAC wallet though, sorry (not sure it was even available..?). If that one is really needed (which I really doubt), maybe we can ask @bumbacoin to compile one. He is a really nice guy, who might compile MAC wallets for food or for thanks  Grin

Also its best to run this with bootstrap, as I remember the Win wallet to be a real resource eater, hanging up from time to time and freezing my PC while syncing...

Cheers.
I will give it a try...

Thanks
Hi how are you? How can mine the currency?

The PoW (mining) period on this coin is long over. 

There are three current ways to earn 8bit:
  • Run a masternode (initial investment is 112 8bit)
  • PoS (proof of stake,  it's kind of like an interest rate on a bank account)
  • Lastly, there is a faucet 8bit.netspecto.com which will get you some free 8bit, but at fairly standard faucet speeds,  but it's free!

For a fairly small investment the first two to generate a more-than-decent return. Much more than mining most other coins unless you're investing seriously in mining gear. 

(disclaimer: I own and operate the 8bit faucet)
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hi how are you? How can mine the currency?
Thank you drays!

The windows wallet should now be available from the following URL:
http://8bit.netspecto.com/downloads/8bit-qt-2.1-win.zip

Enjoy!
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1073
Hi guys

I was busy/away from alts for some time (few months actually Smiley), not reading this thread...

Looks like we need the Windows wallet... Here it is: https://mega.nz/#!LhMQmAQC!wZoZm9fsk1NGm2H4vsbBVx2XZXyxKm50HZWfCSYUAz4.
Someone (allZuckedUp I suppose) could download it, check for viruses, and re-upload that to more official hosting...

That is the latest v2.1 wallet. I have the v2.0 too (keep all the wallets/versions of all the coins I am/was following), but not sure someone would need it. Don't have MAC wallet though, sorry (not sure it was even available..?). If that one is really needed (which I really doubt), maybe we can ask @bumbacoin to compile one. He is a really nice guy, who might compile MAC wallets for food or for thanks  Grin

Also its best to run this with bootstrap, as I remember the Win wallet to be a real resource eater, hanging up from time to time and freezing my PC while syncing...

Cheers.
legendary
Just the Windows and Mac installers,  ideally the latest bootstrap file too...  I'm just going to put them upon my we server...  Maybe we can get 8-bit-Party to update the links on the coin's website. 
I could use a wallet . I have an old 2.1 version but I cant seem to get another wallet running seems to get stuck around block 49k. So, I hope you do set up a place for download.
Where are the devs ?
Can i help you ?

At this point 8-bit-Party is the dev,  but seems to be somewhat busy with real life at the moment...  And,  correct me if I'm wrong anyone,  but I believe he'd welcome some qualified help if someone should show legitimate interest.

What block number are you guys on?

http://xymon.netspecto.com/xymon-cgi/svcstatus.sh?HOST=8bit&SERVICE=blocks

Here's the current block count for the faucet. (545361 at the time this was posted)
legendary
What block number are you guys on?
Pages:
Jump to: