Pages:
Author

Topic: [*] 8BIT [Dark Masternodes][Anon][Roadmap Stage 4] - page 98. (Read 379550 times)

Activity: 659
Merit: 502
It is the 3rd times I sold 8bit at loss and next day pump like crazy,  I waiting for months never pump shit!! Never buy again
Activity: 170
Merit: 105
ADSactly is an Autonomous Decentralized Society
Yeah that would be nice. Looks like this Coin still has life.. however there is NO Website that we can find. Does anybody
have any connection to the Development team?
Activity: 882
Merit: 533
Id like to know more about this project but coming in as a latecomer means reading 200 pages?
Can someone give me the history of 8bit and its future plans in a tldr.

Me too please Cheesy
Activity: 181
Merit: 101
Id like to know more about this project but coming in as a latecomer means reading 200 pages?
Can someone give me the history of 8bit and its future plans in a tldr.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
8Bit price on YoBit went to 0.0018 BTC ($1.24).  Any reason it would go so high?  It is still low on Bittrex.
legendary
Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001
I'm sorry for the delay folks... But, the 8bit faucet is back on the air! 
It literally took a solid week to sync the blockchain.  (we really need to start working on this)
Please, come and get your free 8bit!!

Also, never did get a response about hosting the windows and mac wallet downloads... Any interest there?  I can't help but think providing these binaries to new users can't be anything but good... Let me know.
I'm guessing 8 bit party can answer that...
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
find / -name base -exec chown -R us
I'm sorry for the delay folks... But, the 8bit faucet is back on the air! 
It literally took a solid week to sync the blockchain.  (we really need to start working on this)
Please, come and get your free 8bit!!

Also, never did get a response about hosting the windows and mac wallet downloads... Any interest there?  I can't help but think providing these binaries to new users can't be anything but good... Let me know.
I can't download it from http://www.8-bit.party/
Dropbox  Error (429)
This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

These are original links from ANN. Try again later, eventually we will provide a mirror.

As I've only ever started with the source code and ran it on Linux I don't have those files.  But, if someone wants to send me those precompiled Windoze and Mac files I'll be happy to throw them on my VPS where I'm hosting the 8bit faucet anyway.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW
Dropbox  Error (429)
This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

These are original links from ANN. Try again later, eventually we will provide a mirror.
Activity: 5
Dropbox  Error (429)
Is this coin considering re-branding? It might get more attention and a finally a rise in price.

Myself and others certainly have some ideas for the future of this coin...  And with the love for retro gaming out there,  I think there's certainly room for the current branding out there.   That said,  a new wallet update,  and some partnerships with that gaming world would certainly go a long way to grow the price.   But hey,  no one has this perfectly...  If you've got a great idea for the direction of this adventure,  let's hear it...  Maybe there's something we're not considering!

wallet please! Smiley
Throw the wallet ,please! [email protected]

Sorry,  what is it you're looking for?  The wallet is available for download at www.8-bit.party.  Was there something specific we can help you with?
Throw the wallet ,please! [email protected]
wallet please! Smiley
Activity: 492
Merit: 500
Is this coin considering re-branding? It might get more attention and a finally a rise in price.
-salvagewallet worked wonderfully!   Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

After restarting the staking node, I tried a third time, and it sent just fine, and ONLY the expected 112 8bit arrived at the masternode. So, all seemed to be well...  Until I noticed my staking node's total balance was down 336 8bit instead of the expected 112.  Is there a timeout of sorts at which point I might expect my coins that failed to send to be returned?
Start your wallet with -salvagewallet to get them back immediately. Google for side effects of -salvagewallet.

Are my coins gone?
I'd hate to think it's possible to lose money by attempting to transfer 8bit between two wallets I own...
They are not gone. To make them gone you would have to send them to address you do not control.
Sorry folks, but the faucet is offline again for a day or three...
The machine was DDoS'd by some script kiddies who stumbled onto a weakness in the version of apache I WAS using, and the whole damn thing crashed... Annnnnd, the wallet powering the faucet was corrupted in the process... Ugh.

That said, I'm generally good about backups and such, and thus no funds or anything were lost.  But, once again, even with the bootstrap file, it's going to be a little bit before the blockchain is reloaded.  I've written a better backup script, so now if needs be, I can restore the blockchain much faster, but, alas this recent adventure has beaten me to implementing it.

Now that we're all past that... I have a question for you all, I feel stupid for asking this one, but I guess this just hasn't come up for me as of yet.

So, I decided to pull the profits from a masternode to my staking node (this is all my personal stuff, not the faucet), that went fine... But, after rebuilding the masternode, and attempting to send 112 8bit back to it from the staking node, it failed twice with the following entries in the log.

Code:
CommitTransaction() : Error: Transaction not valid

After restarting the staking node, I tried a third time, and it sent just fine, and ONLY the expected 112 8bit arrived at the masternode. So, all seemed to be well...  Until I noticed my staking node's total balance was down 336 8bit instead of the expected 112.  Is there a timeout of sorts at which point I might expect my coins that failed to send to be returned? Are my coins gone?

I'd hate to think it's possible to lose money by attempting to transfer 8bit between two wallets I own...
legendary
Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001
Yaaa. We are still moving forward. PS thanks for running the faucet...If you need more donations just send me a message. Happy to help. Who else can donate/
Thanks for your donations and patience folks!

Soooo, after taking several days to resync the wallet powering the 8bit faucet, we are back on the air!!

There are going to be some improvements and effort put into this little project, but don't hesitate to claim your free $8bit now!!

8bit.netspecto.com
Pages:
Jump to: