Pages:
Author

Topic: 8th Alt coin thread. Or what to do now that asics are all over the place. - page 27. (Read 81426 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 6

With regard to difficulty, it will eventually drop

It's already started - Bitcoin hashrate/difficulty has dropped about 20% in the last 5 weeks.
Part of that is probably Jihan Wu / Bitmain shifting their farm hashrate around for his "War on BCH-SV" - but it's been pretty steady since about the first of November and is STILL happening.

At this point, I refuse to even CONSIDER buying anything from Bitmain again - Wu's actions have been the primary cause of the current market collapse and have hurt ALL MINERS out of self-centered ego and greed, and I refuse to support someone like that in ANY way shape or form in the future.
Let Jihan Wu and Bitmain ROT - they seem to be having some major cash flow issues of late and they DESERVE to go bankrupt - and seem to be heading that way already at least in part DUE to their own actions that have killed profitability.

I won't say fuck bitmain they suck, but WTF are they doing?

Maybe they're even part of this action:

https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/12/07/report-the-biggest-crypto-bears-are-selfish-chinese-miners/

Only we smalll miners, whom control their input costs, will survive this. The folks playing this game will destroy themselves and many other large players (and mining difficulty) along the way. Hold what coins  and gear you have. Be ready for the bounce back.

Here's a second artilce stating what I've been trying to say:

https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/12/07/bitcoin-cant-fall-to-0-nor-enter-a-death-spiral-mining-rules-deem-it-so/

TLDR: Hang in there. There's is still hope.

"...maintaining that BTC can’t just fall to nil. Antonopoulos elaborated:

“If [miners] wait until the difficulty retargets and the difficulty becomes less, then each miner who waits makes more profit because in the new scheme they have a greater percentage of the mining power than they did before. Let’s say if the mining power drops by 50%, the miners who stick around and wait for the difficulty to retarget are now twice as profitable after the retargeting.”
I am mining 12x 1080ti's   these are free power  but 50-50 on the coins  so it is 6x 1080ti's
I am mining 4x vegas      this is about 800 watts so 20kwatts a day or 600 a month cost 84 dollars at 14 cents these heat my house  bill is lowered.
=======================================================================
I am mining

4x s9I's

cost is 3 for 130 a month
and 1 for 130 a month  so 260 a month

so my power cost is 340 a month I get about 100 worth of heat so net down 240 for power.
=================================================================================

I am mining 1 m10 free power but 50-50 on the coins so it is 17th. not 34th

so 17th + 55th = 72th that is all btc  and is 0.094 btc a month x 3400 =  319 in btc - 240 in power I am ahead 79 a month

not count the bci  which is about 15 coins a day of which I get 5 coins or 1.80 a day or 54 a month

so 79 +54 = 133 a month  which is more likely 100-110 a month profit.
==========================================================

I also get about 40 bci a month in interest which is  16 bucks or so.

I can do this for years since I am a little plus at the moment for each month.  
worse case I am 100 plus a month best case I am 150 plus a month.

a far cry from 400 to 600 a day in december 2017
I made more money in Nov and Dec of 2017 then I did in every other month added from july 2012 to dec 2018  that is about 77 months U=I have mined  and the 2 best beat the other 75 totaled

Kudos...a very good example of how to survive. I bet your avrage elcetricty cost is below 7 cents/kw.?
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

It's already started - Bitcoin hashrate/difficulty has dropped about 20% in the last 5 weeks.
Part of that is probably Jihan Wu / Bitmain shifting their farm hashrate around for his "War on BCH-SV" - but it's been pretty steady since about the first of November and is STILL happening.

At this point, I refuse to even CONSIDER buying anything from Bitmain again - Wu's actions have been the primary cause of the current market collapse and have hurt ALL MINERS out of self-centered ego and greed, and I refuse to support someone like that in ANY way shape or form in the future.
Let Jihan Wu and Bitmain ROT - they seem to be having some major cash flow issues of late and they DESERVE to go bankrupt - and seem to be heading that way already at least in part DUE to their own actions that have killed profitability.

Killing the Golden Goose I would say.

Maybe they're even part of this action:

https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/12/07/report-the-biggest-crypto-bears-are-selfish-chinese-miners/

Only we smalll miners, whom control their input costs, will survive this. The folks playing this game will destroy themselves and many other large players (and mining difficulty) along the way. Hold what coins  and gear you have. Be ready for the bounce back.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

legendary
I am mining 12x 1080ti's   these are free power  but 50-50 on the coins  so it is 6x 1080ti's
I am mining 4x vegas      this is about 800 watts so 20kwatts a day or 600 a month cost 84 dollars at 14 cents these heat my house  bill is lowered.
=======================================================================
I am mining

4x s9I's

cost is 3 for 130 a month
and 1 for 130 a month  so 260 a month

so my power cost is 340 a month I get about 100 worth of heat so net down 240 for power.
=================================================================================

I am mining 1 m10 free power but 50-50 on the coins so it is 17th. not 34th

so 17th + 55th = 72th that is all btc  and is 0.094 btc a month x 3400 =  319 in btc - 240 in power I am ahead 79 a month

not count the bci  which is about 15 coins a day of which I get 5 coins or 1.80 a day or 54 a month

so 79 +54 = 133 a month  which is more likely 100-110 a month profit.
==========================================================

I also get about 40 bci a month in interest which is  16 bucks or so.

I can do this for years since I am a little plus at the moment for each month.  
worse case I am 100 plus a month best case I am 150 plus a month.

a far cry from 400 to 600 a day in december 2017
I made more money in Nov and Dec of 2017 then I did in every other month added from july 2012 to dec 2018  that is about 77 months U=I have mined  and the 2 best beat the other 75 totaled
I too am heating my house with some of my GPU rigs (the majority have been shut down for a while now), but it is getting to the point where I'm thinking about switching over to heating with my efficient (20 SEER) heat pump instead and shutting down these remaining rigs as well...

Solar production has been very low lately as well since it has been cloudy or raining 90% of the time over the last several months.  Plus the sun is low on the horizon anyway this time of year.

I guess the thing to do is sit tight, be patient, and ride this out over the next 6-18 months or however long it will take.

Speaking of waiting this out, does difficulty typically remain relatively constant at times like this?  I guess the answer depends on how much hash power drops out I suppose.

i will keep some of my ASICs running as they are at a place where I have cheaper electricity. I will likely shut down my GPUs soon as using my furnace is now cheaper then using my GPU rigs to heat my house.

With regard to difficulty, it will eventually drop because large farms will not be able to sustain prolonged daily losses and will have to shut down. In this way, if we small miners hang on, then we can fill some of the mining demand. As such, supply of mined coins in the market will be lower and prices will stabilize. In the long run, those of us who wait it out will eventually have some profitabilty by mining coins.

TLDR:  we are going through a "weeding out" process whereby , I think, a lot of  the large farms will die off ( go bankrupt) and we small miners will become th main miners. This will get us back to a more decentarlized mining process.  Maybe I'm too optimistic?!.
Activity: 558
Merit: 194
I too am heating my house with some of my GPU rigs (the majority have been shut down for a while now), but it is getting to the point where I'm thinking about switching over to heating with my efficient (20 SEER) heat pump instead and shutting down these remaining rigs as well...

Solar production has been very low lately as well since it has been cloudy or raining 90% of the time over the last several months.  Plus the sun is low on the horizon anyway this time of year.

I guess the thing to do is sit tight, be patient, and ride this out over the next 6-18 months or however long it will take.

Speaking of waiting this out, does difficulty typically remain relatively constant at times like this?  I guess the answer depends on how much hash power drops out I suppose.
Activity: 224
Merit: 13
Just when you think it won't get much worse, it does. This is the first time I have seen WTM with negative earnings for all coins (given my GPU mix). I have only been mining for about a year and a half, however. If I didn't heat my house with my rigs, they would be off right now.
legendary
Since we're talking about coins...
Can you guys think of any CN-variant-based PoW+PoS coin? BCI is great for slowly accumulating and staking but AMD gpus just suck at ProgPow (or rather, no decent dev has yet come out of the woodworks and built a good AMD miner)...

I need to find something both efficient to mine with the AMD rigs and that appreciates (stakes) over time.

I bite the bullet  with my 4 amd vegas  I mine bci   but I also have 12 x 1080ti's pointed at them.

http://solo-bci.altpool.pro/workers/iG5mxRMZErtXwReBaEvpYam7PQStwgK5hR

that is me and rig 3 is the vega rig
It's a big bullet to bite though, I need to run my six Vegas at -30% PL to keep the rig under 1350W... which makes them hash slower than my five "regular" 1080's... that draw 900W at the wall.

ProgPow is atrocious for Vegas currently.

If you have Vegas, Cryptonight variants run best on them.

Enter your hashrates here, https://miner.rocks/,  and you can see revenue/profits all the CN coins of various variants.

My favorite is XHV - Haven Protocol / Cryptonight-Heavy us just under $1 per coin now, solo blocks 22 XHV

Another profitable coin is DERO, I have 2 x X3 running 330kh/s x 2 = 660kh/s mining DERO at about $7-8 per day per X3.

Each X3 takes only puny 440watts (overclocked).
Yup, know all about the CN algos. Got a bag of XHV myself.
Just wondering whether there's any CN-based PoW+PoS hybrid coins. Would be nice to combine the efficiency of mining CN together with the staking of rewards.

Yeah  I am looking for one myself  the biggest problem I now have with  bci  is I have a lot of the (about 4200)

I try to keep certain ratios of my coins and I am a bit heavy on the bci
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Can you guys think of any CN-variant-based PoW+PoS coin? BCI is great for slowly accumulating and staking but AMD gpus just suck at ProgPow (or rather, no decent dev has yet come out of the woodworks and built a good AMD miner)...

I need to find something both efficient to mine with the AMD rigs and that appreciates (stakes) over time.

I bite the bullet  with my 4 amd vegas  I mine bci   but I also have 12 x 1080ti's pointed at them.

It's a big bullet to bite though, I need to run my six Vegas at -30% PL to keep the rig under 1350W... which makes them hash slower than my five "regular" 1080's... that draw 900W at the wall.

Enter your hashrates here, https://miner.rocks/,  and you can see revenue/profits all the CN coins of various variants.

My favorite is XHV - Haven Protocol / Cryptonight-Heavy us just under $1 per coin now, solo blocks 22 XHV

Another profitable coin is DERO, I have 2 x X3 running 330kh/s x 2 = 660kh/s mining DERO at about $7-8 per day per X3.

Each X3 takes only puny 440watts (overclocked).
Yup, know all about the CN algos. Got a bag of XHV myself.
Just wondering whether there's any CN-based PoW+PoS hybrid coins. Would be nice to combine the efficiency of mining CN together with the staking of rewards.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

I bite the bullet  with my 4 amd vegas  I mine bci   but I also have 12 x 1080ti's pointed at them.

Enter your hashrates here, https://miner.rocks/,  and you can see revenue/profits all the CN coins of various variants.

My favorite is XHV - Haven Protocol / Cryptonight-Heavy is just under $1 per coin now, solo blocks 22 XHV

Another profitable coin is DERO (plain vanilla CN, like ETN), I have 2 x X3 running 330kh/s x 2 = 660kh/s mining DERO at about $7-8 per day per X3.

Each X3 takes only puny 440-540watts (overclocked 330kh/s) or standard 300-400watts at 220kh/s.

legendary

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
Talking about new coins, check out [...] Zen Protocol - IMHO this good bet because of the use cases in the blockchain world -- same like Haven.

huh, guess ill actually have to look at what that is, if only for the fact im mining them on squirrel acorns right now as its the only bitstream available for them atm. just been mining them as a burn in test. be kinda amusing if they were actually useful as ive just been mining them for something to do and shake out bugs..
Activity: 131
Merit: 10
I'm still mining and holding / staking BCI.. although the price dropped a lot in the last two months, I hope will be a good bet.

I will have a look at ZP and CLO Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
saw this in my inbox...

====
For a limited time we will be running a Flash Sale  at Canaan.io.  To keep things simple  EVERY miner will be offered at the same price, from the Avalon 921  @ 20 terahash  to the Avalon 851 @ 14.5 Terahash.  Every Miner is $200  USD until the end of the Flash sale.

In addition, you all should check out our new firmware that reduces power consumption to  .085 J/GH.

Here is the download link: https://build.canaan-creative.com/~wangxiaochuan/A841/openwrt/20181123/rpi3-modelb/openwrt-brcm2708-bcm2710-rpi-3-ext4-sdcard.img

If you are interested in the Flash sale  please write to
[email protected] and copy [email protected] as well

Thanks

Steve
=====

makes me think...where is the ASIC trolls/shills around here? ... when they are just as burned as GPU miners now hehe

The shills are around but all hiding in their rat holes, licking their wounds at the moment  Grin.....  patience guys, this aint our first cold bear winter

My group just "decommissioned" our last Avalon farms and made a deal with the ISP in Canada to use our gear and they mine it themselves, and in return reserve the real estate for us till mid 2019. The A721s, A741s are bleeding red already and I am sure the deal was in GND's favor because they have surplus power already committed with bulk rates from the hydro-power operator.

On the brighter side of life.... we have a few new toys in the lab now for one of my group members - quite slick these Baikal G28s - and the profit switching is flawless under Awesome Miner control. We are testing the AM scripts to set additional rules for it. Also..... a Z1+ lyra2v2 miner..... 7.25GB/s.... but cant say good things about it because the firmware is buggy and still unstable.

There is also new FPGAs that I hoping I get my hands on ...... I may post them here later if I decide to a "few units" for testing... I am also working on a Project Codename BRUTUS II rig ... an full size rig "12 x FPGA with liquid cooling" --- maybe all we need is one single super rig... the mobo used is a new B250-M12P (12 slots B250 mobo)

Talking about new coins, check out Callisto Networks and Zen Protocol - IMHO this good bet because of the use cases in the blockchain world -- same like Haven. I have enough XVG XHV in the vault, and I have put the 22 x 1080tis to work on Callisto Network / CLO next.

Disclaimer: no shills or trolls please.... I think we are all here because of our passion to discuss about great ideas and cool technologies - there is no good and bad technology - just greedy individuals & evil companies. When I got my first S5+ in 2015, I thought Bitmain was the greatest company on earth for taking a leap for mining community where other companies failed and pulled out from the mining scene. Now, I cant say the same for Bitmain without uttering profanities. But thanks to them, dozens of GPU, ASIC, FPGA, PSUs, accessories etc. etc. exist today because of Bitmain.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
saw this in my inbox...

====
For a limited time we will be running a Flash Sale  at Canaan.io.  To keep things simple  EVERY miner will be offered at the same price, from the Avalon 921  @ 20 terahash  to the Avalon 851 @ 14.5 Terahash.  Every Miner is $200  USD until the end of the Flash sale.

In addition, you all should check out our new firmware that reduces power consumption to  .085 J/GH.

Here is the download link: https://build.canaan-creative.com/~wangxiaochuan/A841/openwrt/20181123/rpi3-modelb/openwrt-brcm2708-bcm2710-rpi-3-ext4-sdcard.img

If you are interested in the Flash sale  please write to
[email protected] and copy [email protected] as well

Thanks

Steve
=====

makes me think...where is the ASIC trolls/shills around here? ... when they are just as burned as GPU miners now hehe
Pages:
Jump to: