Pages:
Author

Topic: 99% of the people still think that fiat money are better than crypto - page 12. (Read 3281 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 10
in my opinion, fiat money and money cryptocurency can not be equated
because both have different functions, logically, paper money is money that has a form and can be used in daily life, without the need for internet, and shipping costs
while bitcoins are, currencies that do not have physical characteristics, require internet and have transaction costs. takes time to make transactions
essentially because they have different functions and uses
Activity: 339
Merit: 102
I love electronic money, they quickly and cheaply make transfers, they reliably keep the savings, they are convenient to pay in different outlets.
First I will like to tell you that Bitcoin is not the only thing that can be used electronically. Fiat has its own way of being used as electronic, like banks has mobile apps which enables their customers to send money quickly and also top up their phones.Fiat even has more advantages over bitcoin and is fully backed up as a real Currency. But Bitcoin is being backed up by just individuals, and be banned at any time. So I think Fiat is better than cryptocurrencies, though I like cryptocurrency very much.
Activity: 124
Merit: 0
yes, the lack of knowledge about this digital currency makes people really prefer fiat currency as a daily transaction, and they think that it is more convenient and easier to use.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Well we can't force you to like bitcoin or any other crypto currency, If you dont want to use it then we can't help that. Bitcoin is just an alternative way to pay transactions faster and secured or if you want to freely use your money without anyone controlling it or tracking it. Even if you dont use digital currency right now im sure in the future you will when it becomes legalized and accepted as payment globally.
Still, we are in a world where in cryptocurrency is not yet fully welcome all over the world especially Central banks that they know the price of cryptocurrencies can be manipulated by big whales, but still due to the stability of bitcoin a lot of people are getting interested in it due to the fact that one day it could be a million dollar worth.
The problem is 99% of the people do not know what you already know and that is what even makes it more interesting because you are more of an early adopter and we should be happy about that. A time will come when they will start realizing that they have missed so much and by then will start seeing how to be a part of it, when you are already swimming in profits, it is just time.

We need to start imagining the scenario where people start taking about bitcoins serious. It is always more like them asking each other where they have been when others were making the moves. Just the same question some of us are asking ourselves now where we have been when our mates were seeing the big picture back in early years of bitcoin. We are still in the adoption phase, the big guys are already seeing that and they are getting in, so we haven't seen anything yet.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I was talking with a friend of mine about cryptocurrencies and he said:
"Cryptocurrencies are anonymous?Nothing on the internet is anonymous.Having a bunch of dollars or euro in the pocket is the most anonymous way to store money. Grin"
Damn,now i think that he is right and fiat money are still way more convenient ,despite all the inflation,banks monopoly and control.From my personal experiense 99% of the people refuse to believe in bitcoin and refuse to adopt it in their daily life.Any opinions?
Well, what your friend have stated was the real thing that was circulating in the world in terms of stating their opinions when it comes to cryptocurrency that although it was beneficial, it was still anonymous because it was clearly been worked into the online world where people are somewhat not true or real in different manner. Nowadays, within the cryptocurrency's rise, people still tend to trust fiat more that virtual currency because the trust was not still being strong build to formally start trusting on it.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
In paper money anonymity is much less in any case. You can always track the whole chain that the money has gone through. And they will be tied personally to the participants of the chain.
Most people on the side of paper money are out of habit. Paper money in circulation for centuries, and crypto only began to manifest itself.
Activity: 574
Merit: 267
" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "
"Cryptocurrencies are anonymous?Nothing on the internet is anonymous.Having a bunch of dollars or euro in the pocket is the most anonymous way to store money. Grin"
Damn,now i think that he is right and fiat money are still way more convenient ,despite all the inflation,banks monopoly and control.From my personal experiense 99% of the people refuse to believe in bitcoin and refuse to adopt it in their daily life.Any opinions?
Different people have their own beliefs about bitcoin and crypto currencies. Some people believe that it is a blessing that can help them with their lives but some people think its only a scam that why they say that fiat money is better than crypto currencies. It is better for us to do some research first before ending to a conclusion without knowing its true meaning or use.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I agree that crypto is better but I know that fiat is still useful even I love crypto more. These innovation should not make us very selfish and think that our brothers and sisters from other parts of this world are not fit to use crypto.
Fiat is still only useful for now, because we really do not have much adoption yet. What we have is so little when compared to a huge global adoption.

Ceratinly we cannot even have it 100% but on a large scale when bitcoin becomes usable like a currency and not just as a speculative asset, we should expect more and that is when we will see how big it can get. If the 99% of the people still think fiat is better, count yourself lucky for being part of the 1%.

To become an usable currency the transaction's fees must decrease, that is the main reason some stores that were already accepting Bitcoin stopped accepting it. The negative volatility influences too, but I think it's not the main reason. Even because expensive transactions lead to depreciation in BTC's price (negative volatility).

I believe people need to learn how to deal with BTC's volatility and accept it. Volatility is part of BTC's nature, it can stay unstable forever, but it doesn't mean it's useless as currency. We will never achieve 100% of global preference anyway, but fiat will indeed drop a lot in preference's percentage...
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
Never DO AIRDROPS
Simple answer. Certainty and Uncertainty.
Daily Example : I want to buy coke with 1USD price. When i use fiat money, just spent 1USD and get cheers.
But, Cryptocurrency make it complicated, the price you buy will differ every second and that's make people not believe in Bitcoin, also TxFee Problem. How can i buy coke with Uncertain price + High TXFee. Seems legit.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
I agree that crypto is better but I know that fiat is still useful even I love crypto more. These innovation should not make us very selfish and think that our brothers and sisters from other parts of this world are not fit to use crypto.
Fiat is still only useful for now, because we really do not have much adoption yet. What we have is so little when compared to a huge global adoption.

Ceratinly we cannot even have it 100% but on a large scale when bitcoin becomes usable like a currency and not just as a speculative asset, we should expect more and that is when we will see how big it can get. If the 99% of the people still think fiat is better, count yourself lucky for being part of the 1%.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
I too believe that fiat is better thank crypto. In whatever angle you are going to look at it, crypto will not be able to replace fiat or local currency totally. There’s a lot of advantages in money on hand rather than he digital one but we cannot deny also that there are advantages in crypto that is none in fiat.
I know they both have very distinctive roles to play and even if 1BTC is probably worth $100,000 today, it amounts to nothing at the end of the day, if there are no ways of converting it to cash. So the debate on which is better, to me is pointless. People should rather see the best of both sides because I see no competition between them, rather I see one complimenting the other.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
dApps Development Automation Platform

I am one of those ninety-nine percent of the people who would think about that. Your friend is right that there is no better and easiest way to have transcation than the fita money. You do not need internet, transaction fees, and any other in fiat money. If you buy a cup of coffee, just giv eyour fiat money. On the other hand, bitcoin requires internet, and an online wallet to do transations.
Activity: 175
In my own opinion they are both good.For the fiat money it is easy to use by all people even a child can use it and for the crypto it is easy to use also but not all people can use it.
Activity: 714
Merit: 117

He is right about cash: THAT is anonymous money, not Bitcoin, in spite of mainstream narrative. As for now, Bitcoin is an asset, a store of value, but it is not money. This is why 99% of the people don't believe in it.
Activity: 198
Lol! Holding your fiat on your pocket no matter how much it is is indeed anonymous as long as you dont put it in a bank with all your details and figures. It  indeed sounds better. Instead of storing your fiat in the bank what if you just buy a vault and store it there. No risk of bankruptcy, no payment of service charges and taxes. The only risk is theft.
Activity: 420
Merit: 252
shifting between currencies is a lot of work which takes a lot of time as well. If world will somehow turn to digital currency it has to go through a process and change is a process it doesn`t just occur. It is quite normal that the majority uses fiat and it must be like that for now I think.
Activity: 411
Merit: 335
Some properties of fiat are really greater than bitcoin. First, fiat is used everywhere and by everyone even those loyal bitcoin users, because it is the universally accepted type of payment. Second, so many people are not yet introduced to bitcoin. And lastly, cryptocurrency is not yet readu to replace fiat and I thunk it will never be. But the existence of crypto still has a very large impact to finance and to people's lives.
Activity: 378
As far as I can see even if you want to adopt btc in your daily life it`s like an impossible thing to do, imagine you would buy a bread for 1$ but the fee is 10$, so at the moment fiat is much more better for usage.
Activity: 259
- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"
Because at the moment it is cheaper to use and easier available then crypto is right now.
The fees on transactions are way to high and the transactions go very slow. Fiat has it's own problems in inflation and printing extra money.
I just hope we can see one coin that is to be used as a payment system in the next couple of months/years.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 886
Blockchain is like an open book for tracing someone but mixers make it very difficult to find your victim. I would say Monero is better for anonimity.
Btw on another hand fiat can be considered as the most anonymouse way because op you are right, you can store it anywhere and you can get it without leaving any steps (don't mean online transactions).
But you can store coins offline in cold wallet too, it will be very difficult to find very small drive rather than bag of millions.
Pages:
Jump to: