Pages:
Author

Topic: A brief history of exponential trends - page 3. (Read 5506 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
April 20, 2013, 06:29:03 PM

Right, but if I were a stock trader I'd short Microsoft. Surface & Windows 8? nooooo!  Cheesy
ActiBlizz? They fabricated the biggest disaster yet with DiabloIII
legendary
April 20, 2013, 05:35:24 PM
do not trust statistics you didn't forge yourself.  Grin

and the recent price drop is rigged of course. Any gold bug will tell you! It's because they're getting rid of the those funny gold certificates, and get the real stuff instead.  Wink

Well, not exactly. That drop is very real.
The issue with actual gold is, gold futures can also include gold which isn't mined yet. The next thing is gold is close to it's hubbert peak so that selloff here comes from a record supply of gold along with a exponential speculative demand due to the expected decline in supply in the next decades. Of course those estimates can be bullshit and gold is really a bubble.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007
April 20, 2013, 05:24:18 PM
do not trust statistics you didn't forge yourself.  Grin

and the recent price drop is rigged of course. Any gold bug will tell you! It's because they're getting rid of the those funny gold certificates, and get the real stuff instead.  Wink
legendary
April 20, 2013, 04:46:56 PM
I do.
Do you understand mine?

Shit looks much like Gold actually.

too bad you can't sell it.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007
April 20, 2013, 04:45:41 PM
I do.
Do you understand mine?

Shit looks much like Gold actually.
Activity: 358
Merit: 250
April 20, 2013, 03:55:08 PM
the point being made here is that ElectricMucus is a very sad lame troll, that you really have to pity, because he tries so hard.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
April 20, 2013, 03:54:31 PM
Something can't exponentially increase forever? Well at least I understand the comment now from a previous poster that water is wet.
legendary
April 20, 2013, 03:36:30 PM
Some people will never understand exponential functions I guess.  Undecided

Ok let's see if I understand this well.. you claim that the exponential trend upwards will continue to decline right? Well if you wait long enough this is dead obvious because at some point bitcoin will have reached its peak or slow down so the trendline will eventually catch up to that. Maybe I just don't understand the point you are trying to make here.  Huh

I do.
Do you understand mine?
legendary
April 20, 2013, 03:33:21 PM

Ok let's see if I understand this well.. you claim that the exponential trend upwards will continue to decline right? Well if you wait long enough this is dead obvious because at some point bitcoin will have reached its peak or slow down so the trendline will eventually catch up to that. Maybe I just don't understand the point you are trying to make here.  Huh
legendary
April 20, 2013, 03:16:00 PM
Exactly, it's not a question of if but a question of when. And discarding every other rationale about bubbles you might think it won't be that soon but that still doesn't make it likely to happen.

What a bunch of bullshit. Either bitcoin goes to 0 or it goes to the moon, simple as that. Your charts and trendlines predict absolutely nothing about the future. Once bitcoin truly starts taking off and it looks like it just might, all these so called trends and charts go right out the window and we have a whole new ballgame. Now you may believe this whole bitcoin experiment will fail or won't get widespread recognition, but you can't say this with any amount of certainty just as I can't. So yes, it's entirely a matter of 'if', not 'when'.

legendary
April 20, 2013, 03:13:41 PM
Exactly, it's not a question of if but a question of when. And discarding every other rationale about bubbles you might think it won't be that soon but that still doesn't make it likely to happen.

What a bunch of bullshit. Either bitcoin goes to 0 or it goes to the moon, simple as that. Your charts and trendlines predict absolutely nothing about the future. Once bitcoin truly starts taking off and it looks like it just might, all these so called trends and charts go right out the window and we have a whole new ballgame. Now you may believe this whole bitcoin experiment will fail or won't get widespread recognition, but you can't say this with any amount of certainty just as I can't. So yes, it's entirely a matter of 'if', not 'when'.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
April 20, 2013, 02:30:55 PM
very interesting ElectricMucus - it puts things in perspective. ty.
Activity: 410
April 20, 2013, 02:11:01 PM
hah!

Sesame Street for bitcoiners, brought to you by Electric Mucus.

Now where's our word of the day dude?
legendary
April 20, 2013, 02:06:45 PM
Activity: 410
April 20, 2013, 02:06:20 PM
Also, water is wet.
legendary
April 20, 2013, 02:02:05 PM
That doesn't make any sense, since this line doesn't really touch the lower end of the chart until January 2013.

It does touch, the line drawn approximately since I dont have proper tools with me, you can see it is 2mm below the lows, so you can see them. We'll see, if your prediction is true, by the end of this year price would have travelled below 20 and I've sold all my coins and went elsewhere then.

This line will suffer the exact same faith as the previous ones, but there is a trick to it:

Come up with a way to estimate the length where it does match the trend and you've got a system. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
April 20, 2013, 01:40:45 PM
That doesn't make any sense, since this line doesn't really touch the lower end of the chart until January 2013.

It does touch, the line drawn approximately since I dont have proper tools with me, you can see it is 2mm below the lows, so you can see them. We'll see, if your prediction is true, by the end of this year price would have travelled below 20 and I've sold all my coins and went elsewhere then.
legendary
April 20, 2013, 01:14:44 PM

Will you be drawing the same line from a even more recent point in the future?

No, I added some text below, which means this line I consider as minimum bitcoin price growth. I don't think it is possible for the price to go below that line, unless something fatal happens to the protocol itself. So far, it has served me well in predicting ends of decline.

Yes it will be broken in two possible ways:
Either if the price falls below it.
Or if the growth slows down to below it's slope till the line catches up.

Since this time prices did rise on a hyper-exponential slope I'd rather think it will be the former than the latter.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
April 20, 2013, 01:07:39 PM

Will you be drawing the same line from a even more recent point in the future?

No, I added some text below, which means this line I consider as minimum bitcoin price growth. I don't think it is possible for the price to go below that line, unless something fatal happens to the protocol itself. So far, it has served me well in predicting ends of decline.
Pages:
Jump to: