Pages:
Author

Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - CWIgm | Simple Powerful Stable - page 3. (Read 67732 times)

Activity: 773
Merit: 508
Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now
I think more than anything miners are just disappointed because we loved cwigm-0.9.8. 

not sure why you think you have to revolutionize the mining ecosystem?  just add a few algos like "timetravel10"  keep them tied to your pools, and lets rock!  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
This team/projct is too slow to adapt to new algos.
No use polishing an outdated algo or one that is uesless to the masses. Should adapt more quickly to be taken seriously.

New algos are in the miner.

It seems you are not reading what I am writing.

I've said enough, as it is frustrating explaining that the miner is at it's peak in the algos built inside it, which include many of the newest aglos. So I'll say no more about the subject, as it seems that it falls on deaf ears.

Another thing I think that NONE of you all seem to understand, is that ALL these miners that exist today, are not OWED to you. NONE of them are, whether it be palgin, tpruvot or CWI. There is a fine line between the user mining, and the user EXPECTING. NO ONE here owes anyone a miner unless you have PAID for it. Then and ONLY then are you entitled your expectations.

I agree with you in respect to the keeping up to date, but seriously, if you think this is a race and we need to 'keep up', then you are mistaken. We could EASILY keep this private and grow our farm MUCH larger simply by NOT focusing on the development of the miner. Why is it you think that companies like NiceHash can BUY their developers away from startups like us?

Seems we will need to rethink what we supply to the mining community as a whole. Maybe we should start working like NiceHash and become a massive corporate that is able to absorb a 4700BTC 'theft' that is off the backs of it's customers. As it seems that what we are doing is not appreciated in the slightest.

CWIgm was meant to provide VALUE to the mining community, not create an army of miners that do nothing more than EXPECT as if we all owe them our hard work. I started as a miner, am still a miner, and whether an entrepreneur or not, will always be a miner. I certainly don't work that way, which is why I simply cannot understand where you have the right to demand and expect things from those that freely GIVE to you.

We are now looking for a professional C++/CUDA coder that is willing to work under contract. I have a LOT more ideas for the miner, and it is only one third the way to what I would like the miner to do. So depending on what happens in the coming weeks, the decision will be made whether to release the miner, or continue development internally, so that we too can work with the BTC that keeps stealing developers from good valued projects like ours.

This really is upsetting to see that most miners these days are doing nothing but spreading greed and gluttony, for the sake of a few dollars.

#crysx
Activity: 434
Merit: 107
This team/projct is too slow to adapt to new algos.
No use polishing an outdated algo or one that is uesless to the masses. Should adapt more quickly to be taken seriously.

legendary
I have promised NOTHING.
We definetly have different views on the word "promises".
From my point of view you have "promised" 0.9.9 every month for 6 months already. Ok it was always - "soon".  Wink

Meanwhile we have real improvement made by palgin with neoscrypt for GDDR5x. Meanwhile we have slight improvements in equihash and some other algos made by other developpers.
Meanwhile we have cwi0.9.8 which is far behind others and future "0.9.9" which is the best only in your words for 6 months already  Wink
Just facts for the moment, nothing more.

There is no different meanings of the word promise.

Look it up in the dictionary, there is one only. Mentioning 'soon' means nothing more than that, soon. This could be soon as in 3 days 3 months or later. Soon means soon. Promise means promise. There is no different meanings. If there is a misunderstanding, then you really should look the word up. If I had said PROMISE in the ocrporate world, and not kept it, then I would be in default of something that is much worse than saying soon. Much much worse.

So accept what you will what words you deem to be multimeaning, a promise is unbreakable, and you should know this.

Those are facts - nothing more.

It gives me more than enough pleasure to provide YOU with a miner for FREE so that YOU can use and mine to your advantage, yet have you come here and spurt so called 'facts'. Get the facts right and I will gleefully concede. Spurt rubbish about what a word means to you and not me, instead of what it ACTUALLY means, then seriously check what you post.

Facts are simple. You can neither argue one way or another, because you have not paid for the right to have the miner. So regardless of what has been, what is, and what will be, we will do what we deem is right. With or without your permission and incorrect understanding of words.

Either way, it will be 'soon'. So deal with it, and use the other miners instead. No big deal for us. The miner is not the sole development we have NOR is it the sole business entity.

#crysx
Activity: 728
Merit: 106
I have promised NOTHING.
We definetly have different views on the word "promises".
From my point of view you have "promised" 0.9.9 every month for 6 months already. Ok it was always - "soon".  Wink

Meanwhile we have real improvement made by palgin with neoscrypt for GDDR5x. Meanwhile we have slight improvements in equihash and some other algos made by other developpers.
Meanwhile we have cwi0.9.8 which is far behind others and future "0.9.9" which is the best only in your words for 6 months already  Wink
Just facts for the moment, nothing more.
legendary
Hi All,

CWIgm development has been frozen, until we can make sure that the future of it's development can be completely secure. This means that the Development Team will continue with the CWIgm code when we can establish a number of internal standards, and that these standards can be adhered to on all who work on the code.

We are also putting on other Development team members, and when this is finalized and contracts are signed sealed and delivered, we will make the latest CWIgm-0.9.9 available. A few issues need to be resolved first and core code changes need to be made, and as such, the release will need to be delayed indefinitely.

I will inform you when we have more news regarding CWIgm.

#crysx

that is really sad to hear, too bad you cant just add Bitcore to your old miner and call it a day  Angry

i guess at this point the only option is to pay sp for his miner...
So many promises and ooops .... i think sp's laughed his head off.

P.S. crysx don't bother to answer - I know what you can tell. It's just a side view on all that situation - only troubles and problems with cwi development, and many promises that are still not fullfilled even for 1%. It's sad.

I have promised NOTHING.

Plans get changed and go awry, that is life - that is business. rune can laugh his head off all he wants, the miner still smashes every algo it has in it against his in every level. Makes no difference to us. We now have a position vacant (which we will fill soon enough) with the most optimized miner in the world, designed and created by us, and built by the 'ACTUAL' best optimization developer in the world. This is not something that rune can even come close to. So laugh all he wants.

We have also just been approved for another doubling of theFARM, which means that 'ONE' 1080ti that rune 'couldn't afford' is simply the base card that is used in theFARM. About to go live in two weeks using ALL of them.

Laugh? We welcome people to laugh, especially those that think they may have won something over us.

Promises though? Never have I promised anything ever, unless I KNOW that promise is set in stone.

Prove me wrong!

Also remember that ChainWorks Industries itself, is a business that does MUCH more than 'just' a miner. We have 7 segments (or modules) in our business, and this is only one of them.

#crysx
Activity: 728
Merit: 106
Hi All,

CWIgm development has been frozen, until we can make sure that the future of it's development can be completely secure. This means that the Development Team will continue with the CWIgm code when we can establish a number of internal standards, and that these standards can be adhered to on all who work on the code.

We are also putting on other Development team members, and when this is finalized and contracts are signed sealed and delivered, we will make the latest CWIgm-0.9.9 available. A few issues need to be resolved first and core code changes need to be made, and as such, the release will need to be delayed indefinitely.

#crysx

that is really sad to hear, too bad you cant just add Bitcore to your old miner and call it a day  Angry

So many promises and ooops .... i think sp's laughed his head off.

P.S. crysx don't bother to answer - I know what you can tell. It's just a side view on all that situation - only troubles and problems with cwi development, and many promises that are still not fullfilled even for 1%. It's sad.
legendary
Hi All,

#crysx
Thanks for the info chrys. Unfortunately I am not surprised, but best of luck in the future.

--ypsi

Well, it may not have been a surprise to you.

But his decision, I have to admit, surprised the hell out of me. Not something I am proud to admit, but I am very surprised by this.

Be that as it may, he is an incredible developer, and now having a full time job, especially with those that are corporate based unlike us, he is sure to have full time job that he will enjoy.

Yes - we are now recruiting new developers, and WILL be moving forward in massive leaps.

#crysx
legendary
Hi All,

#crysx

CWIgm-0.9.9 is actually finished.

The issue is NOT the code itself currently, but what I have explained earlier. Pay that guy for his small tweaks if you want, it's no issue, but until we have the internal issues resolved, and code is reorganized and redone (only a very small portion of it) then it's release has to be frozen.

I will not allow a half baked release of ANY of our products, it really is that simple.

We have had a reorganization in team members also which has caused this, the main engineer of CWIgm, and I am a little reluctant to expose what has happened, but because on a friendship level ONLY, I said that his name would not be mentioned for the time being. So to expose who it is that is shuffling will be something for future reference. Let's just say he has decided to move to greener pastures.

When he is settled elsewhere I may (as of today he is no longer part of CWI-theTEAM), but for the time being, the issues need resolve first then the release.

We are actually sad to see him go, and I admittedly am reasonably perplexed it has come about due to a monetary issue as well as quite upset about the whole situation, but it is what it is. We all wish him a prosperous and happy job he is going into, but are saddened by it all at the same time. When I publish the full up to date post in the main CWI-Thread, it will all be explained then.

Over the coming weeks, we will get it all sorted, not just the miner.

#crysx
Hi All,

#crysx

legendary
Hi All,

#crysx
Activity: 117
Merit: 2
Where I can download CWI miner?

The older version is only available currently.

It has two algos and was in the closed beta. The newer version of CWIgm (0.9.9) is yet to be released, but is very close now.

We are working very hard to get everything in order for the release.

#crysx

Can you share link? Want to test.
legendary

The older version is only available currently.

It has two algos and was in the closed beta. The newer version of CWIgm (0.9.9) is yet to be released, but is very close now.

We are working very hard to get everything in order for the release.

#crysx
Activity: 117
Merit: 2
legendary
do i smell a Christmas beta launch  Shocked Huh

No.

I think that was the Prawn, Steak and Sausages on the barbie mate.

#crysx

well, whenever its launched it should be great. especially with all the work you guys have put into it. All good things come to those who wait..

We think so too.

A design that it unrivaled, and a miner that is like no other. We believe CWIgm-0.9.9 is a complete game changer in the mining field.

CWIgm-0.9.9 has a host of new features, new algos, new optimizations and is literally a standalone stats system for keeping an eye on your mining equipment.

Locked to the CWI-Pool system also, means we don't have the interference of any external issues that can affect it's performance, and also keeps the performance levels at the standard that we expect. Being a beta also, CWIgm-0.9.9 is still a little off the full production, but is very much closer than it's predecessor. CWIgm is also tuned to Obsidian, our custom CWI-Stratum we have been working on for quite some time now, and improving in more ways that just adding algo accessibility.

We look forward to it as much as you do.

#crysx
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Parachute for sale. Used once. Small red stain.

No.

#crysx

well, whenever its launched it should be great. especially with all the work you guys have put into it. All good things come to those who wait..
legendary

No.

#crysx
do i smell a Christmas beta launch  Shocked Huh
legendary
Can't wait to see all your hard work. I really liked what I saw from 0.9.8 even if only two algos.
Of course my 2 cents is if this is for Nvidia cards, you've got to be doing equihash, Lyra2re, and maybe Skein at the moment those are the hot algos.

Thanks jimlite,

This is a lot more than just an algo container, this is a what we believe a miner SHOULD be.

The next version is the prerequisite for the full release version so it too will be limited to some extent with Algo selection, but we will eventually have the systems in place to make sure we cater for the Algo/coins we will support in our system.

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018
Can't wait to see all your hard work. I really liked what I saw from 0.9.8 even if only two algos.
Of course my 2 cents is if this is for Nvidia cards, you've got to be doing equihash, Lyra2re, and maybe Skein at the moment those are the hot algos.
Pages:
Jump to: