Pages:
Author

Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - Droidz | Resurrection | DRZ - page 2. (Read 7582 times)

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
### CWI-POOL - MAINTENANCE

hi all ...

an urgent update - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20939332 ...

#crysx
legendary
Is it no longer being delisted from ccex?

no ...

#crysx
Activity: 134
Merit: 10
Shitcoin Bliss
Is it no longer being delisted from ccex?
legendary
marked for delisiting on ccex. Is there a wallet to put coins in?

hi sluggo ...

we have just updated the CWI-Git with the fixed code for soem of the things we have been working on to ease the running of the wallet ...

so anyone that has linux can compile immediately - those with windows / osx - will have a windows / osx wallet as soon as one is compiled ...

ccex so far has disabled withdraw and deposits AS WELL as listed for delisting ... a no-win situation if you have drz coins in their exchange ... we have been in contact with them about this - and asked the relevant questions ... we have yet to hear back from them ...

we urge you all to send support tickets AND message them in every way you can - to reenable the wallet so that you can withdraw your coins ...

we are NOT aware ( regardless of any rumours ) of any misgivings by ccex - as they are usually more reasonable reliable and courteous with their dealings than the other exchange we have tried to deal with - yobit ... just repeating what was said earlier about that - yobit wallet is NOT on the current chain and you will lose your coins if you try and deal with yobit ... we encourage you NEVER to deal with yobit as an exchange that refuses to help its customers ... namely us and the multitude of coins it is ripping off so far by having their wallets disabled ... with our droidz wallet being disabled for over 16months now ...

so all we can do is continue keep messaging ccex and sending support tickets to ccex to release the funds of the drz wallet - AND - to ask them to do so ASAP ...

if they communicate with us - especially via skype with me - then we can resolve any issues ...

so far - we have heard nothing from them ...

#crysx
legendary
I hope DRZ will be success
Until now, DRZ still exist in c-cex

success means different things to different people ...

we will work towards better code - better functionality - better use ...

if that raises the btc price - good ... if not - still good ... we will continue for the 'big picture' for CWI and not just the short term gains or losses that WILL occur on the price ...

we have been in touch with ccex - and he has said that he will update the to the latest wallet - but seems to have held back ... which is a good thing - as we are about to push come much needed changes to the code ... we have also asked him to change the links on the coins details in ccex - and also looking at putting the coin on cryptopia ( to join our other coins there - grn ozc infx ) so that we would have a choice of where to trade ...

so we are working towards a better more stable coin ( with sync especially ) ... though we work slow - we get there eventually Smiley ...

#crysx
legendary
Yep, according to the copyright headers, Droidz code was cloned from PPC->NovaCoin. Anyway, as far as I understand, it has Dash code inside when it comes to masternodes.

I have tried to remember what I have changed in that code few years ago to make it work, and found this: the main (or at least one of the main) issue preventing masternodes to start is the following code in darksend.h:
https://github.com/chrysophylax69/droidz-1/blob/master/src/darksend.h#L295

The address used there, seems to be left from the coin this code was forked from. It is a wrong address for Droidz, and because of this the whole code fails later when starting the MN. I have replaced it with "2RywhVHeTDih6mtA2cm1e2VfEbDr3XN1r4" (I guess any valid DRZ address will work) and lots of things started to work. Just my 2 cents, just in case if you ever try to fix that code Smiley

I am not sure it is the only issue there, but after fixing this I was able to start MN. Actually. if I remember right, there is one more calculation issue (wrong setting in GetMasternodePayment() function) which actually will bring to the situation where coins are unintentionally transferred from staking wallet to MN wallet, so in fact the staking wallets will lose coins while staking, instead of earning them Cheesy. Those devs did a 'great' job there Grin

Anyway, I just put this info here, so I could find it later, without the need to dig into the code once again Tongue

If you ever plan to test MN on Droidz, let me know, I might be able to help.

P.S. As of Skype and Slack... I don't use them (except where it is absolutely necessary), as I am not 'chat' type of person - more of a 'email' type if you get what I mean Smiley

ok kool ...

will have a look into what the changes are that need to be made ...

the code is already changed to fix some of the smaller issues - and compilation issues for different gcc versions ... we work with both bleeding edge ( fedora 26 x64 now ) and older ( centos 7 x64 ) distributions - whereas steven ( core dev ) works on ubuntu ... so testing is a pain but necessary ...

testing the masternodes would be good - and the changes that are required will be apparent in the coming week i suppose ... just takes time and effort Wink ...

from what i understand with most masternodes - staking should be turned off altogether for masternodes to perform ... this is older code - but that should still be the same for this masternode as well as the newer versions ...

i understand how you are with the whole communications thing ... i was only ever on skype - until the call for slack was needed ...

lets get started on monday with this all - as i have a lot of moving equipment to the new premises for theFARM today so i can rest a little later ( its sunday today - so coffee and time with my partner ) ...

lets get this machine working Wink ...

we think a rename / rebadge  would be a nice thing for droidz - and are open to suggestions as to what this resurrection should look like - and be named ...

#crysx
Activity: 1050
Merit: 252
English -> Indonesian translation service
I hope DRZ will be success
Until now, DRZ still exist in c-cex
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073
Yep, according to the copyright headers, Droidz code was cloned from PPC->NovaCoin. Anyway, as far as I understand, it has Dash code inside when it comes to masternodes.

I have tried to remember what I have changed in that code few years ago to make it work, and found this: the main (or at least one of the main) issue preventing masternodes to start is the following code in darksend.h:
https://github.com/chrysophylax69/droidz-1/blob/master/src/darksend.h#L295

The address used there, seems to be left from the coin this code was forked from. It is a wrong address for Droidz, and because of this the whole code fails later when starting the MN. I have replaced it with "2RywhVHeTDih6mtA2cm1e2VfEbDr3XN1r4" (I guess any valid DRZ address will work) and lots of things started to work. Just my 2 cents, just in case if you ever try to fix that code Smiley

I am not sure it is the only issue there, but after fixing this I was able to start MN. Actually. if I remember right, there is one more calculation issue (wrong setting in GetMasternodePayment() function) which actually will bring to the situation where coins are unintentionally transferred from staking wallet to MN wallet, so in fact the staking wallets will lose coins while staking, instead of earning them Cheesy. Those devs did a 'great' job there Grin

Anyway, I just put this info here, so I could find it later, without the need to dig into the code once again Tongue

If you ever plan to test MN on Droidz, let me know, I might be able to help.

P.S. As of Skype and Slack... I don't use them (except where it is absolutely necessary), as I am not 'chat' type of person - more of a 'email' type if you get what I mean Smiley
legendary
If I understand correctly, Droidz is the only CWI coin supporting masternodes (at least in theory)... Is that correct?

Its a pity it missed the masternode train because of broken MN implementation. Most MN coins gained a lot in popularity (and in marketcap too), but Droidz is sleeping as if nothing happened...

Are there plans to fix masternode functionality in Droidz, so it could be actually used, and so Droidz could re-gain some of its popularity? I believe having an MN coin could help CWI short-term, with masternodes being in fashion now, by adding some more visibility to CWI (most people look at a coin only when it goes up in coinmarketcap list). But it would need the fix done soon, too.

hi drays ...

been a while mate Smiley ...

quite correct ... but the 'train' that you mention has never really been on our radar - and as you have known how we work - its a slow solid step we always take ...

the code for droidz is being worked on - and the masternodes issue is the least of the worries ... the sync is slow - full of orphans - and we need to make sure that there is a decent cleanup of the code before we even look at the fixes that need to made for any train to be caught Wink ...

but i do agree with you - these things need to be fixed - and in a timely fashion ...

we are working on a few smaller fixes to the code - and will be pushing these fixes to the CWI-Git soon ... testing has proven to be fruitful - and all well so far ... sync is a crap fight at the moment - and that needs to be fixed as a priority ...

a full rebase is more the way we are looking at - rather than continual fixing of issues / code - as this is a frankenstein of a codebase at the moment ... we are even considering bringing back PoW - but as mentioned earlier - that may not be a welcome thing for a coin that has been pos for a long time ... we will see ...

tanx for your input ... always welcome as usual ...

#crysx

Got it Smiley. You are probably one of a very few devs here who are focused mostly on the long-term Tongue

Yep, the sync is very slow, and wallet is CPU-hungry (it often becomes unresponsive when opened after some time of inactivity.., and returns to normal only when fully synced).
But as far as I have seen, it is the same with the most masternode coins I know - lots of orphans, very slow sync, wallet freezing during sync and eating a lot of CPU - so I suppose that is the effect of being a Dash fork (though I have never installed Dash wallet, so I don't know how it works). The only fast working MN wallet I know is the Bitsend wallet, but even it became not so fast lately.

I actually wanted to offer my help with fixing MN issue (as I have spend about a week debugging this few years back, and found few issues), but if you are going to re-base Droidz, it makes no sense to fix MN. If the code is broken, it is better to re-base, I agree. But we first should make sure the new code will actually be better (will it be forked from Dash again?). I am not sure why this current code would be so much worse than Dash, if it is based on Dash..?

your help with this ( and knowledge if you know the issues and fixes ) are more than welcome ...

from memory - this is not a dash fork ... way back it was forked from peercoin - as ive seen some code in there that looks like it has come from a different pedigree to dash ... but i could be completely wrong ...

our ozziecoin was originally forked from darkcoin - hows that for old? ... and still running rock solid ... Tongue ...

let have a chat - if you are willing to discuss further ... as your input would be invaluable with the time involved looking for the code that is causing the issues ...

the rebase will not happen right away - as we have SO much on our plates at the moment ... building the 'base' for the entire platform is draining on our energy time and funds - and we could use all the help you may have to give ...

in saying all this - you are correct ... we dont look at the short term pumping and dumping everyone seems to do ... no one can stop a whale or group from doing that - but we are not the ones that will instigate it - nor encourage it ... we are here for the long term projects we have taken on - and the facilitation in their use ...

get me on skype ( mainly ) or in the CWI-Slack ( there is a droidz slack also - but it seems that the CWI-Slack everyone wants to join ) ...

lets chat ...

#crysx
legendary
are you open bounty dev?

hi sesedama ...

for the moment - we are are just focusing on redeveloping ...

so no bounties for the time being ...

if you have some talents we would like to know about - we are definitely open to discussion ...

tanx ...

#crysx
legendary
If I understand correctly, Droidz is the only CWI coin supporting masternodes (at least in theory)... Is that correct?

Its a pity it missed the masternode train because of broken MN implementation. Most MN coins gained a lot in popularity (and in marketcap too), but Droidz is sleeping as if nothing happened...

Are there plans to fix masternode functionality in Droidz, so it could be actually used, and so Droidz could re-gain some of its popularity? I believe having an MN coin could help CWI short-term, with masternodes being in fashion now, by adding some more visibility to CWI (most people look at a coin only when it goes up in coinmarketcap list). But it would need the fix done soon, too.

hi drays ...

quite correct ... but the 'train' that you mention has never really been on our radar - and as you have known how we work - its a slow solid step we always take ...

the code for droidz is being worked on - and the masternodes issue is the least of the worries ... the sync is slow - full of orphans - and we need to make sure that there is a decent cleanup of the code before we even look at the fixes that need to made for any train to be caught Wink ...

but i do agree with you - these things need to be fixed - and in a timely fashion ...

we are working on a few smaller fixes to the code - and will be pushing these fixes to the CWI-Git soon ... testing has proven to be fruitful - and all well so far ... sync is a crap fight at the moment - and that needs to be fixed as a priority ...

a full rebase is more the way we are looking at - rather than continual fixing of issues / code - as this is a frankenstein of a codebase at the moment ... we are even considering bringing back PoW - but as mentioned earlier - that may not be a welcome thing for a coin that has been pos for a long time ... we will see ...

#crysx

Got it Smiley. You are probably one of a very few devs here who are focused mostly on the long-term Tongue

Yep, the sync is very slow, and wallet is CPU-hungry (it often becomes unresponsive when opened after some time of inactivity.., and returns to normal only when fully synced).
But as far as I have seen, it is the same with the most masternode coins I know - lots of orphans, very slow sync, wallet freezing during sync and eating a lot of CPU - so I suppose that is the effect of being a Dash fork (though I have never installed Dash wallet, so I don't know how it works). The only fast working MN wallet I know is the Bitsend wallet, but even it became not so fast lately.

I actually wanted to offer my help with fixing MN issue (as I have spend about a week debugging this few years back, and found few issues), but if you are going to re-base Droidz, it makes no sense to fix MN. If the code is broken, it is better to re-base, I agree. But we first should make sure the new code will actually be better (will it be forked from Dash again?). I am not sure why this current code would be so much worse than Dash, if it is based on Dash..?
legendary

hi drays ...

#crysx
Activity: 311
Merit: 110
are you open bounty dev?
legendary

legendary
### CWI-ECOSYSTEM - FULL UPDATE

hi all ...

a complete update posted in our CWI-Thread ...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/chainworks-industries-1563601 ...

tanx ...

#crysx
legendary
Hi, are there any plans for other exchanges than c-cex? At least cryptopia?

sure is ...

Smiley ...

#crysx
Activity: 394
Merit: 117
Hi, are there any plans for other exchanges than c-cex? At least cryptopia?
legendary
### CWI-ECOSYSTEM - NEWS

hi all ...

some nice feedback in a positive light ...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/chainworks-industries-1563601 ...

#crysx
legendary
### CWI-COINS - PRE-UPDATE

hi all ...

latest update ...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19856450 ...

#crysx
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: