Pages:
Author

Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - Granite | Simple Solid Stable | GRN - page 11. (Read 74291 times)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
MOBU

Oh,

I KNOW that hurts...I still can't remember how to access my very first account. Stings, just a bit. Make the most of it, although, it really would be a waste to see a 'Hero' account go down. I'm on my second 'Senior' account. Would rather have the single 'Hero'. My fingers are crossed for you. With any luck, you can get your account back.

Regards,
CapnBDL
     Cool
Activity: 364
Merit: 260
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
hi all ...

chrysophylax here ...

im messaging from this 'newbie' account 'crysx' because i have tried to log in to bct from the new premises - and failed miserably ...

due to my computer being a linux machine AND being fully encrypted AND having a password wallet that is fully encrypted - i only ever really need to know a few passwrds ( 16 in all ) ... one of the passwords ( and details as i later found out - due to the questions that bct ask for verification ) i did not alott to memory were those conatined in the personal encrypted wallet ... one of those was bitcointalk password and details ...

yesterday - i tried to log in unsucessfully with the wrong password ... the password is 3 years old - which as long as ive had the chrysophylax profile ... it also has made more than 3000posts and is a hero member - about to go to legendary in the coming weeks / months ... now before any of you carryo on about changing passwords regularly and all that - i agree and am totally devoted to changing 'simplistic' passwords ... not ones that require brute force with decryption algorithms and a farm of hash to crack the passwords ... so to move on with the story ...

more than all that - the chrysophylax profile is also is the authority profile for the granite thread AND the dbm thread ( the two projects i currenty have ) and was about to take control of the other coin we have just adopted - ozziecoin ...

when the unsuccessful attempt to log in was tried three times - i attempted to change passwords via email ...

the email was sent from bct to my email address - and i followed the instructions to the 'change password' link - only to have them as a private question - which i have forgotten the answer to also ...

i didnt think that was much of an issue - except that as soon as the submit button was clicked - i receieved the following message ...

Code:
An Error Has Occurred!

Sorry chrysophylax, you are banned from using this forum!
For security, your account has been locked. Email [email protected]

now this shows three things ...

1 - the security measures that bct have in place are brief and not very descriptive ...
2 - the security measures that bct have in place are active ...
3 - the security measures that bct have in place work ...

now i proceeded to send an email to the above email address to theymos - and will see what happens in the following couple of days ... being an easter weekend - i would assume this may take a little more time so ill leave it till mid to end of next week ...

if i havent received a response by then - ill message mprep and see what suggestion he / she will advise of what can be done ...

a three year hero profile like mine should NEVER be allowed to go to waste ( as i know many of you have had profiles lost that are much older than that again ) - and there should be various countermeasures to allow the official owner of the account to prove themselves ( like knowing or remebering the last private messages before the lockout - which in my case was the 23rd march 2016 ) ...

but again - we will see what happens with the responses i get ...

i will keep you all informed of what happnes with this through this profile ive now started ( which is the short version of my name anyway ) ...

as for the update so far ...

the move is being finalized on the 28th march 2016 ( a couple of days away ) which means i will be on and offline here for the next few days - only to be completely offline for a few days while i set up house in the new premises ... this means that i will be only messaging when necessary - and any of those of you that needed my attention before this happened via pm ( there were about 7 pms in all - i only got to answer one ) will need to send a pm to this current profile - until i can resolve this issue with theymos ( and mprep if possible ) - to get back into my official profile ...

thefarm will be down and will not be back in to production until another residence for it can be found - and am currently in the process of looking for a small warehouse for its growth and redesign and development ... that will happen end of next week when i have personally settled into my ( partner and i ) new residence ...

i will be posting this message in all three forums that are granite based - AND - the mining forums i usually frequent ( like spmod and tpruvot thread ) ...

much appreciated for all your support thus far - and hope to be back online soon with my proper profile ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
I believe you, should be good to see, did the distribution go to plan?

Edit. I have done more reading on it does have some good features.

Shame about the premine (despite it's use)

User database is valuable, (fools)

seems to be a good response on price as well.  Grin

Also Granite Blockchain appears to be down, No block explorer found when I am trying to sync.

ozziecoin does have some good features - and we will be looking more into what can be done with not only the coins - but the database - the further distribution - and the mining ... after all - it can still be mined easily and ozc is like granite in algo using x11 ...

that may change in the future - but for the time being - its all about stability for the coin and rebuilding the ecosystem - before any form of work for rebuild and / or rebranding is to take place ... if at all ...

as for the granite blockchain - its fully functional mate ... hasnt gone down at all - and ALL seednodes ( from 1- 7 ) are all fully functional and have been since updatying a few weeks ago ...

which wallet are you using? ... if its from the op - its the older one ( yes - the op is out of date and will be updated in the coming weeks also ) ...

if it is the older - then you will need to add the seednodes into the GraniteCoin.conf ( also using the older name currently ) in the windows or linux hidden directories ...

Code:
addnode=seednode1.granitecoin.com
addnode=seednode2.granitecoin.com
addnode=seednode3.granitecoin.com
addnode=seednode4.granitecoin.com
addnode=seednode5.granitecoin.com
addnode=seednode6.granitecoin.com
addnode=seednode7.granitecoin.com

if you have compiled the wallet from the current git - there will be no need to add these seeds to the .conf - as they are all hardcoded in the new wallet ...

we will be bringing out the windows wallets and osx wallets as soon as they are compiled from the new code ...

let me know how it goes ...

btw - ill be away for another two days ( moving more 'stuff' to the new place ) and will be back either tomorrow afternoon or friday ... as of 28th of march - ill be offline for a few days while the move gets finalized on the 28th and unpacking ( yay - fun - NOT! ) and settling in gets underway ...

the hunt for a new place for thefarm will be started after that - as well as work on the coins ...

i have 30 new packing boxes being delivered and arriving in the next 30mins - so a lot of physical work with this move unfortunately ...

back in a couple of days at most ...

#crysx
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I AM
I believe you, should be good to see, did the distribution go to plan?

Edit. I have done more reading on it does have some good features.

Shame about the premine (despite it's use)

User database is valuable, (fools)

seems to be a good response on price as well.  Grin

Also Granite Blockchain appears to be down, No block explorer found when I am trying to sync.
legendary
it's funny you say that because after you said that new coin was on Aika pool
I looked through them to suss it out and looked at OZC  
 Huh  Huh  Huh
is this really the one with 4 pages of BCT in 2 years?
And no comments for over 6 months?

Why not just create one from scratch?

are your marbles missing?

or am I missing something  Shocked

no - no marbles missing - or you missing anything ...

i liked the coin from the beginning - but it had a few things i was interested in also ... namely the database and the tech that underlies the code ...

its an early adoption of the blackcoin code from what i can see ... but i will look more in depth when i settle down in the new place ...

it is easy to start a new coin - i agree - but why would i if there is a coin that has 'some' history and a database to match ...

the original dev has had NO time for the development OR the maintenance of the thread or the coin or the infrastructure ... so its no issue to adopt it and take it under our wing to redevelop ...

there are a number of ideas that i have for ozc - its just a matter of changing it to do what needs to be done - so that it can compliment granite - and work in tandem ...

a little patience - and you will see ... i dont things off the cuff ... there is always a good reason ...

Smiley ...

#crysx
I AM
it's funny you say that because after you said that new coin was on Aika pool
I looked through them to suss it out and looked at OZC 
 Huh  Huh  Huh
is this really the one with 4 pages of BCT in 2 years?
And no comments for over 6 months?

Why not just create one from scratch?

are your marbles missing?

or am I missing something  Shocked
legendary
hi all ...

the finalization of the adoption of the 'other' coin has come around - and we are in the process of building the infratsructure within the granite ecosystem for it ...

the coin is an australian born and developed coin - ozziecoin ...

initially a good reception with some great ideas - the developer now has focused on many other things in life and cannot continue with the development ... and so we have negotiated to adopt ozziecoin and make it part of the family - and help resurrect activity as well as trading ( which is currently on yobit ) and development in the very near future ...

the post and my addition to the post on the ozziecoin thread is here - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14278878 ...

we will be putting things on hold for a very short time - as i cant do much at the moment with grn or ozc currently - due to the process of moving / relocation personally and for thefarm ... but in the coming weeks i shall be back working diligently on the development of both coins ( alongside skaia and soopy - and others involved ) and we will complete the adoption of ozziecoin and start the redevelopment ... as well as the rebuild and structure and development of thefarm ( and thegrid ) ...

ozziecoin will remain as it is for the time being - with plans for ozziecoins future being formulated and developed in the coming weeks ... while ozc has been sitting for trade on yobit for some time - we hope thats its future development will stimulate trade - and for those that have been mining ( and holding ) ozc all this time - keeps the coins handy as we will be working bringing the coin back in the coming weeks ...

all in all - a huge tanx for the dev of ozziecoin for the huge amount of help he has already given ...

now for the move - then to settle down - then the REAL work on both granite and ozziecoin to start ...

i cant wait Wink ...

#crysx
legendary
the name change to just 'granite' ( instead of 'granitecoin' ) would be much appreciated also ( with a daemon change to the latest code ) ...

Changed!  Wink

Why such big difficulty?

tanx ...

read back a few posts and it will explain the reason ...

but basically - someone with big hash ( or a multipool with big hash ) decided it was a good thing to mine with over 3gh - when the network was at less than 100mh ... this pushed the diff through the roof to a max of 1332 ( though it stayed at 999 for a while ) ...

while at the same time a massive purchase of granite was made on safecex ( due to bleutrade being offline at the time - so safecex was the only exchange with granite ) of 8.8btc - pushing the price through the roof also - to over 40ksat ...

so its still settling at the moment with the 'normal' hashrate that the network 'normally' has ...

its taken a little over 48hours at the moment to get to here - so if this happens again - we will be looking at changing the difficulty algorithm ( when the rebase is done ) from digishield to something else ( maybe kimoto gravity well ( kgw) ) - along with the algorithm if that is deemed to be a good thing also ... this will mean it will require a hardfork - but for the better ...

the ideas are still being thrown around - and im in the middle of a move which wont be finalized till the 28th of this month ... so a week to settle after that and ill be back on track with granite ( and the other coin thats been almost finalized ) ... hopefully news on that thread will come first before here - as to which coin that is ...

its funny that you also have a pool for 'that' coin also ( hint hint ) ... Wink ...

tanx again aika ...

#crysx
Activity: 876
AikaPool admin
the name change to just 'granite' ( instead of 'granitecoin' ) would be much appreciated also ( with a daemon change to the latest code ) ...

Changed!  Wink

Why such big DIFFiculty?
legendary
Logo changed & nodes added!

Welcome to https://aikapool.com/grn

tanx aikapool ...

awesome work with your pools ...

tanx again ...

#crysx
AikaPool admin
Logo changed & nodes added!

Welcome to https://aikapool.com/grn

(Workers will be added automatically)

legendary
Hi,

I've set up a pool for GRN.
No registration required.
I've confirmed that payouts works, please be patient to wait for block maturing.

http://louhimo.club/

To start mining:

Connection address: stratum+tcp://louhimo.club:8011
Username: Your GRN wallet address
Password: anything, or if want to set difficulty manually, use d=0.008 as a worker password for example.

Happy mining!

tanx louhimo ...

will have a look at it some time this week ...

just by the onset of the brief glance ive had - its a yaamp or yiimp clone ...

nice Smiley ...

#crysx
legendary
Please, give me list of work nodes!

I know only 1 node
Code:
addnode=51.254.100.104:21777

glad to see you are around aika ...

i messaged you a very long time ago ( a couple of times ) for the change of logo and change of name for your pool also ...

so that would be appreciated if you would get that sorted ... ive always mined at your pools - since the very beginning of granite ...

the seednodes are all dns based now ( or you can extract their ip if you like ) ... in order to cope with the demand that is about to happen - ive added another for FULL seednodes making a 7 FULL seednodes hardcoded in the latest daemon ... so if you want to recompile the latest daemon from git - it will have all seednodes hardcoded for you - without the need to add to the .conf ... and its only a daemon change with no need to download the blockchain again - unless you wanted a clean download of the blockchain as it should only take a couple of hours for a 'standard' wallet to download ... it may be a whole day or longer if you are refreshing the wallet of a long term pool like your pool or ours though ...

official granite git here - https://github.com/chrysophylax69/granite ...

but below is all you need to add to the conf if thats the way you want to go ...

Code:
addnode=seednode1.granitecoin.com
addnode=seednode2.granitecoin.com
addnode=seednode3.granitecoin.com
addnode=seednode4.granitecoin.com
addnode=seednode5.granitecoin.com
addnode=seednode6.granitecoin.com
addnode=seednode7.granitecoin.com

now some of you will see that the block chain has been at a standstill also ...

there is ONE reason why - multipool ... someone threw a little over 3.04gh ( yes - thats GIGAHASH ) of x11 hashpower at the network pushing the difficulty skyhigh ... this continued for a few hours ... which means that the small amount hashrate that it was ( about 52mh at the time ) will take a while before it can move the blockchain once again ... the last block was hit about two hours ago - but that seemed to drive the diff from 999 to 1332 currently ...

being digishield - the network it will adjust difficulty the very next block it hits ... but at this difficulty - it may take a while unless some more major hash comes into the next work ...

so keep mining - at the network will stabilize until the next wave ...

apart from that - someone has purchased about 8.8btc worth of granite on safecex pushing the price on that exchange to over 40ksat ... thats just nuts ... due to bleutrade being down at the time - there was no other place to purchase grn - so i guess there wasnt much choice for those that wanted to buy ...

ive come back from two days to start the move ... will be here the rest of the week organizing for the completion of the move on the 28th of march 2016 ( next monday ) ... it will take me about a week to settle - then i will be working again on a regular and stable level here ...

there is so much to do the next 7 days - so i wont be online too much - but will pop in where i can ...

aika - please update to the latest daemon and logo and name change ... its stops confusion with the pools and allows me to update the op ( when it it gets done ) with the pools that are correct with all info ...

much appreciated ...

#crysx
AikaPool admin
Please, give me list of work nodes!

I know only 1 node
Code:
addnode=51.254.100.104:21777
Activity: 32
Merit: 11
Hi,

I've set up a pool for GRN.
No registration required.
I've confirmed that payouts works, please be patient to wait for block maturing.

http://louhimo.club/

To start mining:

Connection address: stratum+tcp://louhimo.club:8011
Username: Your GRN wallet address
Password: anything, or if want to set difficulty manually, use d=0.008 as a worker password for example.

Happy mining!
legendary
I AM
legendary
WOW, that is epic!!

An Aussie centric marketplace would be great!!

I would buy or sell silver on it!!

What does

- finalizing the naming convention of granite ( completely off the 'GraniteCoin' name ) within the code structure ...

Mean?

To much to take in, but to me it just says to buy!!

If only I could get people to sell on Bleu Embarrassed

there are a few more details ive left out - some of which really have no context here as they are just planned and not actually 'in process of production' ... where as what has been listed are items that have already completed AND items already underway / under development ... id rather 'show' and deliver than 'roadmap' and promise ...

if you want a preview of the website in its current state - i can supply you personally the url - but it is not to be shared freely ... just so you get an idea of what work has been put in to 'just' the website - let alone the rest of the infrastructure and wallet ...

the naming convention ... the coin was taken over a while back and was called 'GraniteCoin' and had all the conditions of that name in all the segments of the code ... the name 'granite' ( notice no CAPS as well ) has been the name for a while now - but portions of the code have not been changed - such as the 'GraniteCoin.conf' file for example ... the new code will reflect all these changes and will require the .conf ( if the .conf is needed for those who want to solo mine or setup a node ) to be changed to granite.conf ... currently - even with the major name change - the old naming convention of GraniteCoin is still required - which also includes the subdirectories involved - for example ~/.GraniteCoin/GraniteCoin.conf ( in linux ) ... this will all change very soon ... though we cant do too much in the way of the domain - as my mate cannot register 'granite.com' as it has not been ( and probably will not be ) available for quite sometime ... so we will be sticking with granitecoin.com for the foreseeable future ...

as for the aussiecentric market ... this is where the the shopping system becomes a twofold system ...

first - it will be based here in adelaide for the time being but - depending on success - will have the main headquarters in sydney ( as im from sydney originally - and my mate there can handle all that side of the setup for me ( as he already handles all the domains currently anyway ) ) ...

second - being based here in adelaide is quite limiting ... if you know anything about adelaide - you will know what im talking about - so i wont go into detail ... lets just accept that this little sleepy town of drivers that have no idea of road rules and are at least 40years behind the rest of australia in technology - is exactly what i have described - quite limiting ... just to clarify - its a beautiful place to see and visit with very nice people - but dont expect anything to happen in any hurry here - actually to happen ever Wink ... so insofaras relocation to sydney - this will open up the granite shopping system to a much better and open shipping channel - and allow for us to re-open the supplier channels we once had ... making granite shopping more of a worldwide enterprise ...

such products as food and gemstones and metals ( especially precious gemstones and precious metals ) are a system unto their own ... we need to look very intricately at the licensing and laws that surround such sales - and being in australia - you would know that this government we have is very strict on what we are 'allowed' to do and what we are not 'allowed' to do ... so it may be an avenue we can take - but for the moment - its not one we are willing to 'risk' unless the system was based in a country that had more relaxed laws ... australian charges / fees are one of the highest in the world for electricity and water and most utilities - so i am not expecting it would be any different when it comes to the fees of other items ...

as for buying granite - bleutrade have always been good with us ... though recently they have just been ignoring our requests to change the name and upgrade the daemon to the latest ... safecex seems to have some people dropping their grn coins for sale - and is run by yaamp ( the dev of the previous yaamp mining pool ) ... im keeping an eye out for some cheap buys also - as i never have enough in my bag ...

the op - well what can i say ... i need help with it Smiley ...

and as ive mentioned earlier ... 2016 is the year granite will grow and evolve - with changes constantly happening ...

tanx for keeping tabs on granite ...

#crysx
I AM
And yeah OP would look better as a designed presentation, walls of words are hard to soak it all in
I AM
WOW, that is epic!!

An Aussie centric marketplace would be great!!

I would buy or sell silver on it!!

What does

- finalizing the naming convention of granite ( completely off the 'GraniteCoin' name ) within the code structure ...

Mean?

To much to take in, but to me it just says to buy!!

If only I could get people to sell on Bleu Embarrassed
Pages:
Jump to: