Pages:
Author

Topic: A very very long term Hodling advice - page 3. (Read 1164 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 104
January 12, 2018, 07:06:50 PM
i would give ADA a shot.. they are built for long term and still on the beginning of development
the collection of parties around this coin assure that its there for the real long term
Activity: 479
Merit: 103
January 12, 2018, 06:55:22 PM
Hi, I hold a few tokens of varied nature and a few coins. I have setup a few eth addresses for the younger members of my family. I am talking about kids that are less than 3 yr old   Wink So, what would you include in their new accounts, so that they can use it in 15 yrs?

For such a long term HODL I absolutely would put there some Bancor. It is an unique coin which solves the problem of liquidity in cryptos so I am convinced it will have a very bright future.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
January 12, 2018, 06:18:14 PM
(ITNS) intense coin.
This is not an ICO, and recently it got a lot of attention and it rose in price, yet is still cheap coin with low coin cap.
It is a privacy coin, devs are working on decentralized VPN based on ITNS blockchain.
This coin is very young, it launched around 5 months ago, listed only in stocks.exchange, after more listings it will go up much more.
I'm a holder of this coin.
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/intensecoin/
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-intense-coin-blockchain-backed-decentralized-vpn-hybrid-pow-2090765
https://twitter.com/intensecoin?lang=en
https://intensecoin.com/
Activity: 1316
Merit: 126
January 12, 2018, 06:15:09 PM
Hi, I hold a few tokens of varied nature and a few coins. I have setup a few eth addresses for the younger members of my family. I am talking about kids that are less than 3 yr old   Wink So, what would you include in their new accounts, so that they can use it in 15 yrs?
I only suggest to invest with ethereum and bitcoin, because this are most trusted coins in the market. Though there are lots of coins also that have potentials but considering the life span of holding(15yrs), it could be hard for that since the market is fast moving and changes may happen everytime.
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
January 12, 2018, 05:38:24 PM
I don't personally think you can sit on them for fifteen years. You have to keep an eye on things regularly, as some coins/tokens have a limited (intended) lifespan (say 10 years), some get swapped due to security issues or the need to issue more coins/tokens, and MANY will simply no longer be in existence.
Activity: 798
Merit: 263
January 12, 2018, 05:30:29 PM
For such a very long-term hodling, the most surest coin may be Bitcoin. No way to know what other
coins will exist at that time. So have some  bitcoin preferrably stored on multiple hardware wallets
labelled with names.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
January 12, 2018, 05:26:17 PM
for this you have to be careful. I would advise you to invest in ethereum and waves. they have many platforms and I think it will be very potential in the future and very good for the long term
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
January 12, 2018, 05:18:14 PM
One of the most difficult things is determination. If you are ensure that you won't either be panic when price goes down 70% and excited when price goes up 500% in few days. Then pick coins / tokens have been adopted in real use case such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, NEO,etc.
Good luck.
Activity: 196
Merit: 14
I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime
January 12, 2018, 05:17:24 PM
If you're not interested in day trading then holding is the best option you can do like in my case, I have a full-time descent job that could provide my family's daily needs so as of now I don't need more money to cover such expenses except for funding my important projects like house renovation and car repairs.
Activity: 196
Merit: 14
I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime
January 12, 2018, 05:14:33 PM
The only advice I can give to the holders is hold it as long as you can except you don't need money for personal needs and or any emergency purposes because when the coin pumps, there's big possibilities that it would pump more higher than the previous price. 
Activity: 14
January 12, 2018, 05:11:56 PM
15 years is a very long period of time. During this time, everything will change rapidly. Perhaps the best investment will be gold or real estate. As for crypto, it is necessary to pay attention to coins that have their own blockchain. Great prospects have such coins as Stratis, Eos, Aion, Icon and the like. And of course - the Ethereum.
I agree with you...i allways say if somebody want coin for long term need to focus on coins-tokens or ICOs that are developing own blockchain, especialy for those which are developing som inovacy which other blockchains do not offer...For example: ethereums inovacy was that started to offer smart contracts based on blockchain - ethereum was first which beginned with it - this is the reason why is now so high....
who knows what kind of innovation will be successfull....there are many projects developing blockchains 3.0- every project try to bring somethiing new: for example quantum proof, decentralized app ...it is really difficult to say which kind of innovation in blockchain will be able to attract big attention of investors and will be considered as blockchain 3.0 .....
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
Presale is live!
January 12, 2018, 05:04:31 PM
I am holding some coins for long long term; these are ethereum, sirinlabs, siacoin, kin and envion. I am planning to hold them 3 - 5 years. I think they will grow day by day. I guess ethereum is the most promising one. But I believe the other ones too. Because  all of them are great projects.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
January 12, 2018, 04:58:08 PM
15 years is a very long period of time. During this time, everything will change rapidly. Perhaps the best investment will be gold or real estate. As for crypto, it is necessary to pay attention to coins that have their own blockchain. Great prospects have such coins as Stratis, Eos, Aion, Icon and the like. And of course - the Ethereum.
Activity: 28
January 12, 2018, 04:48:25 PM
@Viberate. Buy and hold on to it.
Activity: 294
Merit: 15
January 12, 2018, 04:43:27 PM
Long long term I can suggest OAX, 0x, Cardano
Activity: 462
Merit: 114
January 12, 2018, 04:31:49 PM
The best can be bitcoin and ETH. And for other violas you better forget most of them. if you really like them, you should choose the most promising ones. Because most of them will not last long ..
Activity: 700
Merit: 300
January 12, 2018, 04:26:46 PM

Wow, im impressed with your planning and might just include it in my future goals and of my younger family.

Well, if I were suppose to choose the coins to be used after 15 years from now then I will really keep ETH, SCL, JNT, and IPL tokens/coins with me. I will focus more on SCL which is currently leading the social project and being under final development stages it is getting pumped heavily. Now thats just start of the project and it is suggested that this coin will go to 250 times higher rates in just one year period of time. So you can imagine what can be achieved with it in next 15 years. I am in touch with founder of this coin and he seems to be really nice person and a visionary so I'm sure that social coin is gonna last there forever. So you may wanna choose it in first place. Apart from this, other coins that I mentioned are having the same story so you can count them in. :-)
Activity: 238
Merit: 33
January 12, 2018, 04:18:57 PM
Try it with Waves and Envion. Waves has huge potential. Its like WAVES, but much easier for people to make token and oter project on their blockchain.
Envion is a new way to mine coins with containers who will be driven to places where electricity is very cheap, like solar plattforms in the desert. They pay everything their mine to the token holders. So after 15 years you will have like over thousands of ethereum Wink
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
January 12, 2018, 04:06:00 PM
I think best option is ethereum because there are many altcoins which have ethereum base. When these project will come true, ethereum will grow rapidly. I am sure we can see ethereum price is 5000$ in 2018.
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
January 12, 2018, 03:52:06 PM
15 years Is a very long term holdl. Invest in bits and also consider low cap coins with good potential. Some coins won't be relevant in 15years time from now.
Pages:
Jump to: