Pages:
Author

Topic: A very very long term Hodling advice - page 4. (Read 1164 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
January 12, 2018, 03:31:30 PM
I will say you should pick first top 5 in coinmarket and the time period involve is really hard to predict but you watch from time to time to see how the trend moves.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system
January 12, 2018, 03:15:17 PM
Hi, I hold a few tokens of varied nature and a few coins. I have setup a few eth addresses for the younger members of my family. I am talking about kids that are less than 3 yr old   Wink So, what would you include in their new accounts, so that they can use it in 15 yrs?
I think it's very difficult now to tell what coin to buy for such a long term. I think the maximum can be talked about for 1-2 years
Activity: 259
Merit: 10
Crypto Revo
January 12, 2018, 03:01:41 PM
for myself I am holding Ethereum because of the possibility of this coin going up.

I must agree Eth will only continue to grow unless the whole market crashes. And any coin gaining popularity and marketing for itself users are gonna get introduced to eth !
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
January 10, 2018, 10:40:46 PM
Maybe try a decent index coin like C20?
Activity: 616
https://exip.live/
January 10, 2018, 10:14:46 PM
Will be many option of coin to choose because now more and more coin come to the market and alot of them has big potential. But in my opinion some coin that will huge in the future is ETH,DASH, XRB, ARK, CMT, VEN, WABI, UTRUST, BITCLAVE.
bce
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
January 10, 2018, 10:05:09 PM
Hi, I hold a few tokens of varied nature and a few coins. I have setup a few eth addresses for the younger members of my family. I am talking about kids that are less than 3 yr old   Wink So, what would you include in their new accounts, so that they can use it in 15 yrs?
I do not think we can predict exactly how long we can invest and until when kripto will run but I have made savings in real money so that later can be useful for my offspring
Activity: 134
CVProof.com - SECURING JOB'S CREDENTIALS
January 10, 2018, 09:53:39 PM
I have some coins but hard to describe tat which coin are best..From my views all coins should have for 5 years..
Activity: 266
January 10, 2018, 09:11:08 PM
I think any digital currency will do. Just make sure that it will be monitored even though you're eyeing for a very long term. This is to avoid potential loses in case some of those cryptos goes down.
Activity: 420
January 10, 2018, 09:05:39 PM
for myself I am holding Ethereum because of the possibility of this coin going up.
Activity: 252
January 10, 2018, 09:00:04 PM
15 year is very long, I think cryptos will remain, Ethereum and Diamond are my tips. Ethereum will be worth thousands (10-30k possible in the next 5 years), can only grow, unless the whole crypto market dies.
Activity: 259
Crypto Revo
January 10, 2018, 08:57:51 PM
Terrible advice ! most of the advises above are terrible. From my experience and from my point of view, either find cryptocurrencies that is backed up by gold, or invest in GOLD AND SILVER ITSELF. (Now that is only if you are looking for a solid value maintain)

However if you are looking for invest small and hopefully when your children grow after 15 years will be worth millions, I would highly recommend WAVES. yes you heard that right. WAVES.

Waves is completely undervalued and its will suddenly shine like a gem!
Activity: 294
Merit: 125
January 10, 2018, 08:49:37 PM
Hi, I hold a few tokens of varied nature and a few coins. I have setup a few eth addresses for the younger members of my family. I am talking about kids that are less than 3 yr old   Wink So, what would you include in their new accounts, so that they can use it in 15 yrs?

Its a long time hodl. My advise is to stay put on the Top 10 in the coin market cap. but choose only best five coins. number one is Bitcoin (BTC). Just choose a crypto that has working product and has a vision that can cater the whole world.

My personal choose are:

NEO
Ethereum
EOS
Ripple
Monero
Bitcoin Cash
Activity: 504
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
January 10, 2018, 08:34:13 PM
It is very hard to tell which coin/ token will still be in existence in 15years! However, If I were you, I will concentrate my effort in buying more ether and bitcoin. These two coin to me seem to be the flag carrier and leader of cryptocurrency. If anything happen to bitcoin for instance, the whole cryptcurrency might not survive it!
Activity: 112
January 10, 2018, 07:13:45 PM
(ITNS) intense coin.
This is not an ICO, and recently it got a lot of attention and it rose in price, yet is still cheap coin with low coin cap.
It is a privacy coin, devs are working on decentralized VPN based on ITNS blockchain.
This coin is very young, it launched around 5 months ago, listed only in stocks.exchange, after more listings it will go up much more.
I'm a holder of this coin.
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/intensecoin/
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-intense-coin-blockchain-backed-decentralized-vpn-hybrid-pow-2090765
https://twitter.com/intensecoin?lang=en
https://intensecoin.com/
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 10, 2018, 01:04:11 PM
I think @Viberate has great potential. They are working a lot on their music platform.
Activity: 238
Merit: 38
January 10, 2018, 01:01:32 PM
I recommend investing in Ethereum Ripple Stellar Litecoin or Bitcoin for long term investments. These coins are capable.

I'd say ethereum to be one of the most important of those. Simply because by taking closer look at how etherum price is based upon. With more and more ICOs starting this year and with many of them accepting only ETH, not bitcoin, it creates good demand and if people like to hold their coins which should lower the supply at end ETH is would be my choice.
Activity: 336
January 10, 2018, 12:36:10 PM

First of all, 15 years is a really long term, do not forget that, there is nothing obvious about the future of the cryptocurrencies. According to price graphics, I think bitcoin and ethereum might bring really good profits in the future.
Activity: 141
January 10, 2018, 10:14:10 AM
Many useful info in the thread !
If I have to choose 1 coin, I will choose ETH. I have a feeling that it will grow more and more because it is the basic of many other product/token.
However, that is "HAVE TO".
My opinion is 15 years is too long period and the tech change rapidly.
Imagine what tech products can last through 15 year (from 2003), very few. Remember we used yahoo messenger back in 2009? Now where is it?

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
January 10, 2018, 09:29:52 AM
At long term investment, I always suggest bitcoin because it has no trend to go but only uptrend. If you want to invest in altcoins, invest first in ETH and LTC since many see that this coins will increase in long term. Maybe put some EOS coin and NEM in your investment.
Better to research while you are making your way to this type of investment, a lots of coins can grow its value if you preferred to hold for long term, I can say top 10 alts will give you good profits after, this business is a game where people who have a lots of patience are winning and those who doesn't have it are the one we called losers.
Activity: 168
Merit: 14
January 10, 2018, 09:12:41 AM

Every year there are new coins with new technologies. Trends are changing too fast. Nobody will ever give you a good answer. I would say there is no currently such crypto that could be used in 15 years. Perhaps only ETH.

There seems to be a consensus on that to be honest. I know is not an easy question, but I am very interested in any rational idea for this. I think that choosing a coin that can be staked like NEO, suggested on a previous post, could be a good idea.
Pages:
Jump to: