Author

Topic: [AC] AsiaCoin | Pure PoS | 100% Interest - page 158. (Read 264526 times)

Activity: 193
Merit: 10
This coin never have been a coin with "high potential", this statement is just plain ridiculous.

From start it all seemed very amateurish and the dev is chinese : chinese dev = 80% scam chance....maybe more.
hrt
Activity: 288
Merit: 250

AsiaCoin wallet updated and opened for deposits and withdrawals!
Welcome to trade AsiaCoin!

https://c-cex.com/?p=ac-btc
https://c-cex.com/?p=ac-usd

Please do not open this until the wallet is officially released by the foundation.  If others don't move to the wallet, there may be a fork caused by this.  

Please just have patience and wait for the announcement.
I withdrawn 2 X 10 AC from bter, first one shown as 5, second one disappeared from history.

DO BOT DEPOSIT UNTIL FIXED VERSION COME UP
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
I think we need more asian language representation here..

AsiaCoin guys.. needs to market to asians right? Smiley

ni hao  Cheesy
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I think we need more asian language representation here..

AsiaCoin guys.. needs to market to asians right? Smiley
Dear Community

We need more volunteers for our marketing team. Please send me a PM if you are interested. We also need people who can speak other languages, so if you can, please state that as well.

Russian

Dutch
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
Dear Community

We need more volunteers for our marketing team. Please send me a PM if you are interested. We also need people who can speak other languages, so if you can, please state that as well.

Russian
Micryon upload the new wallet for all users

I've already released the wallet to the foundation.

But there will be an official deployment and rollout process.

weeks? Huh

No it should be much sooner than that.

But we really do due diligence here to make sure that the patches are good before rolling it all out.

There's a lot at stake here guys, have some patience so we do it right.

Where can I find it?

When the foundation is ready to post it , i'm sure it will be linked on the website and the OP.

Where can I find it?
Is there a chance there is more hidden code?

No, not the code.. I diff'd the code line by line against other coins already and found all the deltas.  All the bad code has been removed and reverted with the fixed client.

However I didn't look through all the blockchain, I relied on block explorers to look at the key places in the blockchain that relates to the premine... of course there are thousands other transactions that I didn't look at.. I just traced the premine from the original block, and looked at all blocks where it traversed to.

Please do not open this until the wallet is officially released by the foundation.  If others don't move to the wallet, there may be a fork caused by this. 

Please just have patience and wait for the announcement.
Activity: 518
The blockchain is the future

Isn't this going wrong? You're using the new wallet but the other users arent.
Activity: 238
Are you guys talking baout the New AsiaCoin? I see 100% POS interest, is that good? 100% is too much I think.

The plan is to patch the existing AsiaCoin.. along with the security patch that will enable trading again on exchanges, there will also be a change to the POS reward decrease schedule.. that will go from 100% -> 1% over 4 years in a gradual slope (kind of like block halving).

But just so this is clear without ambiguity: We're retaining the existing/original AsiaCoin network.. There is no new coin.  The coin network never died... it was just barred from being on exchanges.  We are fixing that.

There is a new client wallet update along with a security patch and some other improvements.  Don't need to delete or throw anything away yet.  

Is there a chance there is more hidden code?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001
CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I'm not sure if our crowd-sourced dev team's faces and names on the web site is exactly what is best for AsiaCoin, but I do understand that we need to build trust.

I've been reviewing the code changes on github and have been testing the new wallet. I'm very confident that the changes have banned the premine and corrected the scam code.

Verify my identity on the one name blockchain and on the social media accounts linked therein.

Is it a good idea to make a teampage on the site with names and photo's. Just like on Qoinpro (http://qoinpro.com/info/ourteam). It will make it all a lot more transparency. Maybe even with links to your linkedin-profiles or something.
Is it a good idea to make a teampage on the site with names and photo's. Just like on Qoinpro (http://qoinpro.com/info/ourteam). It will make it all a lot more transparency. Maybe even with links to your linkedin-profiles or something.
Are you guys talking baout the New AsiaCoin? I see 100% POS interest, is that good? 100% is too much I think.

The plan is to patch the existing AsiaCoin.. along with the security patch that will enable trading again on exchanges, there will also be a change to the POS reward decrease schedule.. that will go from 100% -> 1% over 4 years in a gradual slope (kind of like block halving).

But just so this is clear without ambiguity: We're retaining the existing/original AsiaCoin network.. There is no new coin.  The coin network never died... it was just barred from being on exchanges.  We are fixing that.

There is a new client wallet update along with a security patch and some other improvements.  Don't need to delete or throw anything away yet.  
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Dear Community (Important):

We need to finalize our decision on PoS staking rate of the coin. We put this up for debate many pages ago and a lot of you shared your ideas. I will try to summarize:

• The majority of you invested in the coin mainly of its high stake rate in the first year and named it as its main feature: therefore we will honour it.
  • However, a lot of you raised concerns about the future and sustainability of the coin with a very high interest rate, which is a valid point. The original developer did not think about the future of the coin, and we don't think his decisions were in the interest of long term survival of the coin
  • Sudden change in the staking rate is NOT good for the coin as it creates a sudden change of its most significant specitication.

What I proposed a few pages ago:

I personally think a swift change PoS rate from 70-100% to 2-5% is not a good idea, it's a very big change for a coin and its specification. I very much prefer a more slow gradual decrease on shorter intervals (e.g. instead of jumping from 100% in year 1 to 2% in year 2, we can do a slow decrease every 1-2 months until we get to 2% within 2-3 years).

I don't think the original developer thought about the long-term PoS issues of the coin, this is evident from the code he wrote but this is something that we need to decide.

And you guys mostly seemed to agree.

Details will be like this:

Coins now: 171,000,000

• Year 1, Month 1-2 : 100% - 199,500,000 AC
  • Year 1, Month 3-4 : 80%  -  226,100,000 AC
  • Year 1, Month 5-6 : 60%  -  248,710,000 AC
  • Year 1, Month 7-8 : 40%  -  265,290,666.6 AC
  • Year 1, Month 8-10: 30%  - 278,555,200 AC
  • Year 1, Month 10-12: 20% - 287,840,373.3 AC. This is end of Year 1
  • Year 2, Month 1-2 : 15% -   295,036,382 AC
  • Year 2, Month 3-4 : 10%  - 299,953,655 AC
  • Year 2, Month 5-6 : 8%  -  303,953,037 AC
  • Year 2, Month 7-8 : 6%  -  306,992,568 AC
  • Year 2, Month 8-10: 4%  -  309,039,185 AC
  • Year 2, Month 10-12: 3% - 310,584,381 AC. This is the end of Year 2
  • Year 3: 2% - 316,796,068
  • Year 4: 2%
  • Year 10: 2% - 363,899,103 AC
  • Year 100: 2% - 2,162,700,201 AC

Note: These numbers are the maximum, if 100% of the coins stake all the time. This will not be the case obviously. So the actual total coin numbers will be significantly less but there is no way to know as we don't know what percentage will stake. This new staking system will be unique to our coin too, adding innovation to our investments!

I ask to postpone other discussions now to when we agreed to PoS staking rate, as this is what we need to decide on urgently. We can't do a poll as the thread is not self-moderated. That was essential for building trust.

Please let us know if you agree with this, and of course (even more importantly), if you disagree.

This sounds reasonable right now.

Just to see what it would look like to take the 100% stake a little further and halve the rate every four months, I came up with the figures below. My math should be checked. I figured halving is a term more people in crypto are familiar with and the numbers come out to about the same after two years. After that you can use the same 2% from then on out.

Coins now: 171,000,000

• Year 1, Month 1-4 :  100% - 228,000,000 AC
  • Year 1, Month 5-8 :  50%  -  266,000,000 AC
  • Year 1, Month 9-12 : 25%  -  288,166,666.7 AC. This is the end of Year 1
  • Year 2, Month 1-4 :  12.5% - 300,173,611.1 AC
  • Year 2, Month 5-8:   6.25%  - 306,427,228 AC
  • Year 2, Month 9-12:  3%    -  309,491,500.3 AC. This is the end of Year 2
  • Year 3, Month 1-4 :  2%   -   ...
  • Year 3, Month 5-8 :  2%   -   ...

No idea if this is better or worse. I was just curious.

Also, I'm assuming we're talking about block numbers as to when the rates change and the months are just estimates?

Jump to: