Pages:
Author

Topic: Acorn M.2 FPGA based GPU Accelerator - page 71. (Read 73496 times)

Activity: 173
Merit: 2
June 14, 2018, 05:03:25 PM
Filled the survey. Waiting anxiously for next step.
Activity: 154
Merit: 37
June 14, 2018, 01:00:09 AM

Well - something is clearly broken. Checking with team.

EDIT: It appears the Squirrels Research domain has been hijacked. Please do not email or interact with this domain until we can clear up what happened.

EDIT2: The domain is now firmly back under our control and has been migrated to our normal, secure configuration.

The MX records were only blanked, and no phishing attempt was made. Please be careful and diligent out there.
Activity: 154
Merit: 37
June 14, 2018, 12:58:54 AM
You speak of 30 MH of increase using it of hybrid form, that increase with how many GPU's would be?, You have approximate date of commercialization? A greeting from Spain.

Maybe I missed it, but some clarification would be needed..

Is the bump in hash per gpu or combined bump per gpu group?

I have the exact same question re: the ballpark 30 MH figure.

I was also disappointed that the GTX 970 and RX 550 aren't on the list. I'm a baller on a budget!

Finally, (another repeated question) does the software work in combination with existing mining software to bridge the gap between the GPU and FGPA or does it do all the mining itself?

Incidentally could researchers benefit from it to do whatever research it is they do with GPUs?

They aren’t excluded, just not listed in the priority for testing survey.
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
Activity: 4
Merit: 1
June 13, 2018, 03:53:42 PM
Getting the dynamic coin prices in order to calculate profitability here is turning out to be a hassle:

http://www.whattominefpga.com/index.php/fpga-assist

Does anyone have a script that they would be willing to share?
Intent is to input the Acorn or Acorn+GPU hash for an algo and return back a list of coins in profitability order.
Defaults, multiple algos, etc. to follow.

Here's a more detailed description of my problem:
https://www.concrete5.org/community/forums/customizing_c5/generate-a-calculated-report-based-on-an-input-value

Activity: 58
Merit: 4
Activity: 578
Merit: 508
June 13, 2018, 11:26:39 AM
GPU,

Will your existing webstore be the sales channel?

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
June 13, 2018, 10:54:11 AM
Can anyone find a link to the Discord server mentioned in the first post?

I think this may be the one

https://discord.gg/3B27dWD

Thanks. Specifically the the #gpuhoarder-products channel since it seems to be a shared Discord for discussion of multiple FPGAs or FPGAs in general.
Activity: 186
June 13, 2018, 10:52:31 AM
Is there a MOQ?
June 13, 2018, 09:41:03 AM
Survey filled out. What do I need to do next?

Sit back and wait...

The developers have a lot to do so the more they are distracted, the longer this will take.
is there any ETA when the devs are planning for test releases for differenent algos and product release?

A month or two.
I'm sure they will mail everyone who did the survey as soon as there are news
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
June 13, 2018, 09:37:19 AM
Survey done. Will purchase upon availability.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
June 13, 2018, 02:32:08 AM

Sit back and wait...

The developers have a lot to do so the more they are distracted, the longer this will take.
is there any ETA when the devs are planning for test releases for differenent algos and product release?
June 13, 2018, 02:13:00 AM

Sit back and wait...

Activity: 322
June 12, 2018, 09:51:00 PM
Activity: 39
June 12, 2018, 09:01:25 PM

I think this may be the one

https://discord.gg/3B27dWD
Activity: 22
June 12, 2018, 08:30:38 PM
So what's the best cost/performance effective option for those of us with several GPUs sitting on motherboards such as the ASUS B250 which has 18 pci-e x1 slots?  Will there be some standard go-to motherboard?  I would like that very much and don't mind paying for it as long as it fits in with performance/cost considerations.

And... I've completed some survey but I don't know how accurately anyone could realistically hope to evaluate such surveys given that the consumers completing the survey still do not have accurate performance statistics or proof of concept.

I'm ready to purchase as many as would be feasible for a 14 GPU rig and perhaps more later but that all depends on performance and trust.

Well said. I would like to purchase as many as I need for 14 rigs but still need clarity on a variety of things.
Activity: 10
June 12, 2018, 08:01:03 PM
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
June 12, 2018, 03:50:03 PM
So what's the best cost/performance effective option for those of us with several GPUs sitting on motherboards such as the ASUS B250 which has 18 pci-e x1 slots?  Will there be some standard go-to motherboard?  I would like that very much and don't mind paying for it as long as it fits in with performance/cost considerations.

And... I've completed some survey but I don't know how accurately anyone could realistically hope to evaluate such surveys given that the consumers completing the survey still do not have accurate performance statistics or proof of concept.

I'm ready to purchase as many as would be feasible for a 14 GPU rig and perhaps more later but that all depends on performance and trust.
Activity: 463
Merit: 250
June 12, 2018, 03:12:15 PM
I would also be interested in quite a few Smiley But yes, some clarifications would be nice first - for example hashrates increases in various algos.
Activity: 6
June 12, 2018, 02:23:53 PM
There are already lots of m.2 adapters available for x4 PCI-E, like this one: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4RE5AU2769
Pages:
Jump to: