Pages:
Author

Topic: [Active Mining] The UNofficial Active Mining Discussion Thread [UNmoderated] - page 4. (Read 75983 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
The first page of that thread should have been enough for any rational person to stay out of this mess. I really have no sympathy for anyone who invested, or stayed invested after July of last year.

How many AMC created threads are there on securities?  5, 6, more?  Ken seemed to create a new one every time the stench got too heavy in the old one.  Then his cohort of pimps created the latest sham - a thread where anything but happy talk gets deleted instantly.

Didn't you purchase from HashFast?

We purchased from several suppliers, including Hashfast.  I didn't have much confidence in Hashfast's team, but their schedule was significantly ahead of the competition so we hedged with about 10% of our capital budget directed to them.

Haven't you shilled for 2 different companies that turned out to be scams in the past year?

Yes I'm aware you hedged hard on Cointerra who was pretty late and delivered 30% less than they were supposed to I believe. I saw you bitching and moaning there too.

You logic dictates that somehow you are still above board because "you had less than 10% of your budget in"

This is laughable because between ActiveMining and Terrahash they might have totaled ~5% of mine.

It's unfortunate that your head is so far up your own ass. How's that lawsuit against HashFast coming or whatever you are trying to organize.

So you made some tiny investments and then pumped the hell out of the companies to draw other investors in based upon your personal visits?  So your claim to fame is leading people into scams?  Well done.  I'm sure everyone who listened to your great wisdom is very relieved to hear that you didn't lose much.

I have no idea how it's relevant, but Hashfast is in bankruptcy due to our actions.  That bankruptcy proceeding will protect all the small investors in Hashfast from being ripped off.  I doubt you are smart enough to comprehend the difference between protecting people from a scam and encouraging them to invest in one, but there really is a significant difference in the morality of the 2 actions.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
Haven't you shilled for 2 different companies that turned out to be scams in the past year?
It's unfortunate that your head is so far up your own ass.

Someone must have nailed something.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.
The first page of that thread should have been enough for any rational person to stay out of this mess. I really have no sympathy for anyone who invested, or stayed invested after July of last year.

How many AMC created threads are there on securities?  5, 6, more?  Ken seemed to create a new one every time the stench got too heavy in the old one.  Then his cohort of pimps created the latest sham - a thread where anything but happy talk gets deleted instantly.

We purchased from several suppliers, including Hashfast.  I didn't have much confidence in Hashfast's team, but their schedule was significantly ahead of the competition so we hedged with about 10% of our capital budget directed to them.

Yes I'm aware you hedged hard on Cointerra who was pretty late and delivered 30% less than they were supposed to I believe. I saw you bitching and moaning there too.

You logic dictates that somehow you are still above board because "you had less than 10% of your budget in"

This is laughable because between ActiveMining and Terrahash they might have totaled ~5% of mine.

It's unfortunate that your head is so far up your own ass. How's that lawsuit against HashFast coming or whatever you are trying to organize.
Is it possible to take legal action against Ken on the condition he is a scammer? In that case can we sue to get everything he owns? All of his other assets? His home?

You need a lawyer. 
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Is it possible to take legal action against Ken on the condition he is a scammer? In that case can we sue to get everything he owns? All of his other assets? His home?

How many AMC created threads are there on securities?  5, 6, more?  Ken seemed to create a new one every time the stench got too heavy in the old one.  Then his cohort of pimps created the latest sham - a thread where anything but happy talk gets deleted instantly.

We purchased from several suppliers, including Hashfast.  I didn't have much confidence in Hashfast's team, but their schedule was significantly ahead of the competition so we hedged with about 10% of our capital budget directed to them.

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010
Ad maiora!
fearless leader has spoken abouit current actm situation; "don't worry guys, this is just a bump in the road...."
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
OK I guess you picked up on little but important things and surely they were mentioned but I just thought it was just a personal grudge. I mean with all the pictures and photo shop and joking it didn't ring true to me that you genuinely thought it was a scam. Do you know what I mean?

If you had said it in a straight forward way with no pics or jokes I and others might have paid attention. Maybe you did and we were blinded by the promise of big times ahead. All I'm saying is next time drop the pictures of sinking boats and just explain the facts you see if you really want to help people. I still think you enjoyed the game more than you wanted to help investors but if I'm wrong I'll take that back.

Dunno what else to say other than can I borrow some btc?
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
@kokoarm:  Crumbs started posting pretty late in the game.  The evidence was overwhelming, there for anyone who bothered to read VMC/Active Mining threads.  Many others brought up the same basic points, but none of Ken's marks wanted to listen.
It's not that there was a smoking gun, but *nothing* about this added up--from the ridiculous corporate structure to every c-suite exec being a Slaughter to Ken's blatant illiteracy to the 90s throwback website to...

From the opening line of Ken's prospectus:
"AMC is a virtual identity totally owned by the Active Mining Corporation (Belize) that represents both itself and its profits."
How could anyone take this seriously?  I guess it sounds vaguely legalese... as long you don't ask yourself "WTF does that MEAN?!"

How is it that people fell for this?
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
Thomas Gounley is an idiot.  Why is he mentioning only $200,000?  He took us for a million.
Perhaps kslaughter managed to hide the $800,000.

Not for long.

I really hope so
Activity: 5
Thomas Gounley is an idiot.  Why is he mentioning only $200,000?  He took us for a million.
Perhaps kslaughter managed to hide the $800,000.

Not for long.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
We pretty much agree, but what would chasing coins around the blockchain accomplish?

Crumbs or whoever you are I have a question. Did you really know that Ken was scamming people as long as 6 months ago? I used to read the old thread and thought you just hated him or had some competitive company. Tell me did you actually KNOW, I mean really know? Or was something else going on? I don't think anyone will be that bothered if it just so happens that you had a competitive business and just was doing competition. If it was competition on your part I don't mind and at the end of the day you may have stopped more people giving him money.

So we're you sure or was it a good guess?
Pretty much nothing. He's had a year to hide his tracks and likely has turned IPO coins into USD then back to coins and they would be clean and untraceable.
We pretty much agree, but what would chasing coins around the blockchain accomplish?
@kokoarm:  There is no reason for Ken to steal coin directly.  Active Mining/VMC never published financials.  You know neither how much money is in teh corporate coffers, or how much should be there.

I don't see your point here. You say no-one knows how much should be in the coffers so obviously if that's true he can take 200 coins or 50 coins and no-one would know anyway. The reason to steal them is they are worth money!

Ofcourse he can also steal them 'officially' by getting bills for work or goods that are exaggerated. For example he can ask a contractor to bill him twice the actual amount that some work actually cost. So you only pay the contractor 10k USD but your bill for the books says 20k and the extra 10k goes to your back pocket. When the accounts are done everything looks legit. With big orders for chips or boards you can steal a lot doing that and the supplier gets an extra 10% sweetener for falsifying the bill.

The third way is he just pays himself 250k a year for his wages. I think he will have done all three of these schemes.

So you don't think he has stolen coins or what?
@kokoarm:  There is no reason for Ken to steal coin directly.  Active Mining/VMC never published financials.  You know neither how much money is in teh corporate coffers, or how much should be there.
Date Registered:    2014-05-25
Who are you exactly? How do you know the company is bankrupt? I am pretty sure it isn't and Ken wants the coins for himself. Don't allow him. (Unless you're one of his accomplices, given your very new account creation date.).

I'm just a small shareholder who got back into it now the shares are back.

The big wallet is empty. How can I be an accomplice when I say what he's done is wreck the company? Be sensible. How would me saying there is no money left help him?? I'm saying it how I see it. If people can trace where all the coins went that will be good. Let's try, I don't know how to do that. I just told people that he has hidden coins away and that's why he will close the company. I don't see a way to find out if he has stolen coins but I think he definitely has stolen coins.
Pages:
Jump to: