Pages:
Author

Topic: Additional subsidy for P2Pool users: 1-3btc/day - page 2. (Read 29282 times)

Activity: 227
Merit: 100
I mine with p2pool since Friday noon and haven't received a bitcent or even less.
myaddress is 197giRXjySrTqyiaccyrw4UEu66Zc5Yymf and it appears in all of blocks mined yesterday and today.
Can someone explain to me why?

That address has indeed been paid for the blocks that P2Pool found. The problem seems to be you aren't seeing it in your balance.

Is this address in the wallet of the client that you are using to mine with P2Pool or did you specify another address?
It is an address of my mtgox account.
I check it from blockexplorer blockchain.info and mtgox and i see no other payments except from what is generated from the blocks we find.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!
Hi coretechs!

Can you share your "donation script" with us?!

I want to setup the same scheme for the Litecoin P2Pool miners...

Right now, I just put a cronjob to donate everyday the same amount, at the same time of day... But I would like to have the same behavior of your setup, I mean, send donations according to the balance, etc...

Thanks!
Thiago

Sure, here you go:

Code:
# p2pdonate.sh
sleep `echo $(( $RANDOM % 1440 * 60))`
./bitcoind sendmany "p2p_donations" "$(GET http://forre.st:9332/patron_sendmany?total=`echo "(\`echo "(\\\`./bitcoind getbalance p2p_donations\\\`+0.5)/1"|bc|wc -m\`-1)"|bc`.0)" >> donation.log

This script assumes that you have bitcoind running as a server with an account called "p2p_donations" but it's easy enough to change.  Just schedule it to run at midnight, the sleep command will delay the execution randomly up to 24hrs.  It counts the number of digits in the whole number balance of the account and sends that many BTC, appending the transaction id to a log file.

0-9 balance - 1 BTC
10-99 balance - 2 BTC
100-999 balance - 3 BTC
etc

Disclaimer: *Run at your own risk.  I take no responsibility for anything that happens if you run this code.  It works on my computer but it may not work on yours.*

Thank you!!!   Grin
Activity: 227
I mine with p2pool since Friday noon and haven't received a bitcent or even less.
myaddress is 197giRXjySrTqyiaccyrw4UEu66Zc5Yymf and it appears in all of blocks mined yesterday and today.
Can someone explain to me why?
Activity: 373
Gotcha, thanks.
Sorry for the mis-post in the wrong thread, thanks for answering anyway. Smiley

No problem. Since both threads are about p2pool in a way and the question started on-topic, I don't think it was a big deal, I just pointed you to the other thread because I think you'll get faster and possibly better answers there... Wink
Activity: 155
Gotcha, thanks.
Sorry for the mis-post in the wrong thread, thanks for answering anyway. Smiley
Activity: 373
If i read correctly, i don't have to register or make my presence known to receive the subsidy?

All i have to do is mine under p2pool?

Correct. Well, you have to supply P2Pool with a bitcoin address to mine. That is all.

I'm trying to start mining in P2Pool, but this part is fuzzy to me.
Where do I "supply P2Pool with a bitcoin address to mine".
Does that get added to the .conf file?
I'm confused (and a little slow) Smiley
Elmojo

Questions about p2pool should be asked there: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18313.660

You don't have to supply p2pool with with an address; it'll ask your bitcoind for one if you don't specify it. If you want to mine to a specific address, add the "-a
" parameter.
You are eligible for a subsidy as long as you submitted a p2pool share within the last 24h.
Activity: 155
If i read correctly, i don't have to register or make my presence known to receive the subsidy?

Correct. Well, you have to supply P2Pool with a bitcoin address to mine. That is all.

I'm trying to start mining in P2Pool, but this part is fuzzy to me.
Where do I "supply P2Pool with a bitcoin address to mine".
Does that get added to the .conf file?
I'm confused (and a little slow) Smiley
Elmojo
donator
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
Hi coretechs!

Right now, I just put a cronjob to donate everyday the same amount, at the same time of day... But I would like to have the same behavior of your setup, I mean, send donations according to the balance, etc...

Thanks!
Thiago

Sure, here you go:

Code:
# p2pdonate.sh
sleep `echo $(( $RANDOM % 1440 * 60))`
./bitcoind sendmany "p2p_donations" "$(GET http://forre.st:9332/patron_sendmany?total=`echo "(\`echo "(\\\`./bitcoind getbalance p2p_donations\\\`+0.5)/1"|bc|wc -m\`-1)"|bc`.0)" >> donation.log

This script assumes that you have bitcoind running as a server with an account called "p2p_donations" but it's easy enough to change.  Just schedule it to run at midnight, the sleep command will delay the execution randomly up to 24hrs.  It counts the number of digits in the whole number balance of the account and sends that many BTC, appending the transaction id to a log file.

0-9 balance - 1 BTC
10-99 balance - 2 BTC
100-999 balance - 3 BTC
etc

Disclaimer: *Run at your own risk.  I take no responsibility for anything that happens if you run this code.  It works on my computer but it may not work on yours.*
legendary
And another .5 for 10 days to join coretechs if someone can tell me how to do it from a gui wallet.

You could trust my cron job to do it for you.  Smiley

It will send a fixed amount once per day at a random time to miners at p2pool.  The amount is based on the balance at the following address:

BTC ADDR REMOVED

Any donations to this address will be sent to the p2pool miners

The job script is dynamic and sends a fixed amount based on the balance of the address in the wallet.

1-10 balance -  1 BTC per day
10-99 balance - 2 BTC per day
100-999 balance - 3 BTC per day
etc.

This should work for now.  I can change the daily amount later if a lot of people start donating.  I will fund it with the remaining 9 BTC of my pledge later this evening.  If I decide to stop the job from running at any point, the remaining balance will be sent to all miners in the pool at that time.  I just set this up to take care of my donations so I don't have to send them manually but I figured why not open it up to anyone else.

(1/20/12): 9 BTC sent.  You can track the deposits here ("Received"): http://blockexplorer.com/address/**BTC ADDR REMOVED**
(1/21/12): had to do some wallet cleanup, address now shows correct balance of XX.XXX  (XX BTC - X BTC & txn fees)
(1/24/12): donation history updated, current balance is XX.XXXXYYYY
(1/26/12): added some better logging that I will include in the donation history going forward
(2/7/12): minor network issue last night prevented the donation from being sent, so two payments were sent this morning
(2/8/12): made some changes to the script to adjust the timing intervals, additional payment sent yesterday

Donation history
---------------

Hi coretechs!

Thanks!
Thiago
Activity: 33
Merit: 0

Activity: 55

Hah! So I do, then I guess it's because I haven't been here too long.  Even with my current dry streak, I'm still well above .01 payouts.

Thanks
A few posts above yours.

Yes, I had read that but I thought I saw somewhere else that it only applied to miners with regular payouts <.01 as seen here http://yat.uukgoblin.net/p2pool-stats/current_payouts.html but I probably misread it.  Anyway, just hope my personal luck picks up.  I'm coming up on 14 hours with no personal shares found.  Oh well, back to work.  This is just for fun anyway.
I've been on P2Pool for about a week, started at around 350MHs now up to about 750.  Are these just part of our normal payouts or something separate.  If they're separate, I sure haven't received one.  But it has only been a week.
Activity: 215
I haven't received any subsidy payments so far. I am curious about how the payout is given.

The smaller miners are entered into a lottery. I assume this has something to do with cutting down on the amount of very tiny transactions that these small miners would get when 1 Bitcoin is divided among all of the miners in P2Pool.

Then, I should just wait for my lucky day Smiley .
Activity: 215
I haven't received any subsidy payments so far. I am curious about how the payout is given.
Activity: 334
I will wait for the OP, and if that fails send it to Holliday. Thanks.

Op here...You can send it to the address I listed in the OP where I am sending my donations from: 13XojBmkrR2pHKthehW8vfdcsjvKpbggfJ  - I will send it on from there.

Or I added the link to the coretechs process post as well.

Let's keep contributing, P2Pool is growing but should be bigger!
donator
Activity: 362
I will wait for the OP, and if that fails send it to Holliday. Thanks.

My script is still running and usually sends 1-2 BTC a day.  I keep the post updated daily, usually after the payment sends for the day.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.704445

Activity: 560
Merit: 501
Your calculations look a bit off. Address 14UEaiW2Rwqbv3iJAKVwjS6ZGZqaxp9c1Y should get at least twice, if not five times as much  Grin
Ha! You wish.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
okay, if there is not a btc address i can just send the btc to never mind:(

i am not going to run some command i do not understand.

thanks anyway.
Sure there is!

To the address ...

Thanks for contributing!

Your calculations look a bit off. Address 14UEaiW2Rwqbv3iJAKVwjS6ZGZqaxp9c1Y should get at least twice, if not five times as much  Grin
legendary
Okay
Pages:
Jump to: