Pages:
Author

Topic: Advertising spam is not allowed - page 26. (Read 553003 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
July 31, 2014, 01:55:32 AM
You gotta be kidding, right?

What's next?

Next FUD will be banned, and every thread will have one page.

That would be kinda nice, actually.
Seriously, BCT becomes lame lately.

First giveaways, now they forbid to pool OPs to advertise their service in the topics, while 12 year olds make 100 accounts to spread FUD and insult people.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
July 31, 2014, 01:54:24 AM

What's next?

Next FUD will be banned, and every thread will have one page.

That would be kinda nice, actually.

Pool spam is bad for a few days at launch, but FUD spam is forever. See DRK thread for a good example.
Activity: 810
https://ironx.io IRONX
July 31, 2014, 01:52:21 AM
Advertising mining pools is no longer allowed, including, but not limited to, altcoin announcement threads.  Mining pool ops should make one thread within the Mining section of Alt Currencies. Do not make a separate thread for each coin. Most OP's already link to pools available so advertising your pool is unnecessary and leads to too much spam.

I Kind of agree,   Pools will be listed in the OP's and pool owners and devs can arrange that off the boards.  Cutting down the pool advertisements in some threads would really help reduce the clutter

Just my 2 cents.
Activity: 742
I'm dying.
July 31, 2014, 01:49:02 AM

What's next?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
July 31, 2014, 01:45:49 AM
Advertising spam is not allowed, this includes mining pools, gambling services, exchanges, shops, etc. Mining pool ops should make a thread within the Mining section of Alt Currencies. Most OP's already link to pools available so advertising your pool is unnecessary and leads to too much spam. Exchanges, shops, gambling sites, etc, should make a thread in the Marketplace section of Alt Currencies.

Edit by mprep:

You know what, time for a slight policy change:

After consulting and discussing with BadBear, I've decided that it's time to let people discuss a bit more freely about services. Although BadBear's earlier posts hinted that service posts are a "no go" on most cases, after contacting him a couple of days ago, I believe he has changed his thinking, possibly due to the community's opinion and suggestions (told you it would help Grin).

As per this shift, the following type of posts are now allowed in coin threads:

• Posts about block explorers. ("Here is a new block explorer for this coin" type posts)
  • If a service comes up in a disussion and directly related to the coin, it's allowed
  • "We're up" messages for pools (if it's only once per thread)
  • "This exchange added coin" type posts for exchanges (again, if it's only once per thread)

However, said rules only apply to those posts that ARE NOT large, distracting with images, or markup codes (lots of bold and colors) and other traits of an advertisement. If a post is considered an advertisement will be determined on case by case basis.

Post your suggestions and opinions regarding this rule and how it should be improved and it might get implemented.

Pages:
Jump to: