Pages:
Author

Topic: After a Bad Sell - page 34. (Read 3788 times)

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534
April 23, 2018, 12:26:58 AM
So this happened to me twice this week, first I sold Bitcoin Cash and the next day, it started booming and has not up considerably and still going strong, then I sold Golem and boom it goes too.

What do you do in such situations? When you finally sell for a small profit after a long wait but then you realize that you missed on big profit with you bad timing.
How do you deal with this? Any tips to minimize this or overcome after such bad timing decisions?

Take it as a learning experience to resist that urge to take small profit or...
Be positive that you waited it out and were able to pull profit.
Activity: 490
Merit: 258
April 23, 2018, 12:19:07 AM
Just a piece of advice my friend - take out FOMOs from your system ha ha! I mean if you had missed out an opportunity for a bigger profit then you just have to deal with it. The important thing is you didn't sell losses... Keep in mind - profit is profit, no matter how small that is.

The best advise is the first reply in the tread. Do not sell all... do it gradually.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
April 23, 2018, 12:04:56 AM
It isn't like you or everyone knew it was going to boom the next day, right? Don't beat yourself up for it. I don't think there's nothing you can do with that as it already happened, though you could probably prevent it from happening. Probably be a bit more patient in the future(if you're long-term investing, that is)? Unless you're daytrading, then I don't think there's really anything you can do to prevent this from happening.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011
April 22, 2018, 11:47:01 PM
What I can suggest you avoid this situation is to sell partial quantity and keep some then you can get a chance to sell at higher if prices go again high.

Also, if you have made already enough profit from your investment then we shouldn't worry about these things because we can't always time the market. Now you need to find other good coins to invest and make more profit.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
April 22, 2018, 11:26:53 PM
So this happened to me twice this week, first I sold Bitcoin Cash and the next day, it started booming and has not up considerably and still going strong, then I sold Golem and boom it goes too.

What do you do in such situations? When you finally sell for a small profit after a long wait but then you realize that you missed on big profit with you bad timing.
How do you deal with this? Any tips to minimize this or overcome after such bad timing decisions?
Pages:
Jump to: