Pages:
Author

Topic: After death - page 8. (Read 17662 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 101
February 11, 2017, 09:32:55 AM
After death you will go to the Purgatory, where you will wait for your judgement, at the end of the times. Then you will end up for eternity in Heaven or in Hell.

And your proof of this is what?

I agree, after death is the judgement, depent on what we do in this world, we will going to heaven or hell. So thats the purpose of our life, we must always doing good thing and avoid bad thing so in the next life we wont suffering from punisment. Thats the purpose of all religion, ya if its artheis then they wont believe it.

I dont had proof i never and someone never going to hell or heaven before born here, if everyone ever had going to heaven and hell before born and the memory still intact then i believe everyone who had that memory will always doing good deed.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
February 11, 2017, 09:14:03 AM
After death you will go to the Purgatory, where you will wait for your judgement, at the end of the times. Then you will end up for eternity in Heaven or in Hell.

And your proof of this is what?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Gloire à la Victoire !
February 11, 2017, 08:32:28 AM
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
February 11, 2017, 07:30:26 AM
The great paradox: to truly know what there is after death, you must first die, and there's no returning from that AFAIK.  Anyone who tries to sell you on something different is full of it.

As far as anyone can actually tell, what's left after death is what you've done in this world, i.e. your legacy.  Most people are completely eradicated from history, they have no names, no faces, only a lineage if that; very few people are worth remembering, and of those who are remembered, are often not even known by most people: you are fortunate to be remembered by anyone long after your death, and sometimes it's just for infamy; I'm sure Hitler didn't want to be remembered as a villain but alas.

If you want to be remembered, you have to do something great.  Everyone knows who Mozart, Bach and Beethoven are, and everyone knows why they are remembered; everyone knows Plato, and Socrates, and Aristotle, though they may not know precisely why they stick out--these guys are several thousand years old and their works are still studied.  I could go on.

As far as anyone can actually tell, the conscious is tied to the passage of time and the senses as perceived by each individual; our thoughts and feelings are a stream, one after the other, and that is who we are; I can say these thoughts are mine, but once I die, I lose the ability to recognize these thoughts are mine and the ability to recognize that I have the ability to recognize these thoughts are mine, and of course I lose the ability to have thoughts at all.  If the conscious is tied to the mind and the mind perishes upon death, and if the world exists outside of our ability to sense it, then one can conclude that the world will continue on without this one eye in the galaxy to perceive its happening, and perhaps perceive this one eye posthumous too, as we perceive other eyes in our history.  Where can the consciousness go without its shell to generate the stream of "me"?--if the ego is tied to this shell and the shell perishes, so does the ego.  Experience depends on a vessel to experience with; no vessel, no experience.

So some say there is a vessel within a vessel that is released upon death, they call this the soul.  Of course there is no evidence of such a thing empirically but I suppose one could make any sort of logical argumentation that a soul is potentially existing.  Some take it on the authority of holy documentation that there is a soul, but I don't think this is any such way to get closer to the truth.  Some feel better knowing they will continue on after death, and take it an offense that one such as myself argues against its existence, but what can you do about that.

And then there are those who think this is all a simulation, and perhaps on death you are awakened from the simulation much like in The Matrix, but again, without empirical evidence of such a thing existing, only logical reasoning, it's not something anyone can really say for sure.

IMO you shouldn't waste life thinking you'll be going somewhere after death; the most certain thing is that you get one life and one chance to do something with it, so don't waste it writing long posts of forums contemplating the potentials of posthumous living.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 11, 2017, 06:31:58 AM
There's been a question that's been bugging me for a long, long time now. What happens when you die? From someones side nothing, other say that your go to their versions of heaven and yet some say that we reincarnate.

That thing got me so bad that a few time's I've been on the verge of killing myself just to see what's happening then, it's killing me to think about it. What are your thoughts? I'm not interested in the christian or virgin filled muslim heaven, I'm interested in your ideas and what are your ideas on what might happen? One theory that stuck with me is that we are born again but in the different time or just born in the same timeline but as soon as you die, you're reborn on some other place.

There are other instances of people who had been raised from the dead, but unlike those mentioned before in the Bible, Lazarus had been dead for an entire period of four days. When Lazarus died, Jesus said, “ ‘Our friend Lazarus sleeps, but I go that I may wake him up.’ Then His disciples said, ‘Lord, if he sleeps he will get well.’ However, Jesus spoke of his death, but they thought that He was speaking about taking rest in sleep.
Dude you're quoting he bible here, a book that is not to be taken literally. The story of lazarus may very well be something that has a different meaning and not just about someone raised from the dead. I think we can't really know for sure what is going to happen as even science hasn't proven yet that something else happens to a person who already died
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
February 10, 2017, 08:15:58 PM
There's been a question that's been bugging me for a long, long time now. What happens when you die? From someones side nothing, other say that your go to their versions of heaven and yet some say that we reincarnate.

That thing got me so bad that a few time's I've been on the verge of killing myself just to see what's happening then, it's killing me to think about it. What are your thoughts? I'm not interested in the christian or virgin filled muslim heaven, I'm interested in your ideas and what are your ideas on what might happen? One theory that stuck with me is that we are born again but in the different time or just born in the same timeline but as soon as you die, you're reborn on some other place.

There are other instances of people who had been raised from the dead, but unlike those mentioned before in the Bible, Lazarus had been dead for an entire period of four days. When Lazarus died, Jesus said, “ ‘Our friend Lazarus sleeps, but I go that I may wake him up.’ Then His disciples said, ‘Lord, if he sleeps he will get well.’ However, Jesus spoke of his death, but they thought that He was speaking about taking rest in sleep.
February 08, 2017, 05:02:17 AM
I don't believe in the existence of life after death. I'm sure that after his death the end and nothing. Psychics who communicate with spirits are scammers. They deceive people in order to enrich.

So if you think like that then what is the purpose of this life then? Or you mean it had no purpose at all? Hmm about spirit or ghos, i believe thry are excist but i never see it with my own eyes tho Smiley
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
February 07, 2017, 12:47:29 PM
I believe in life after death. I also think that we may be reincarnated after such time. I don't think that we just stop at one point and just stay there. This is why I believe in God. I believe that after we die, we get to see him and then we're given a chance to be much better in our next life.
How can you believe in life after death? With the death of the human brain, life stops. Even if she were the life of the soul after death, to live and not be able to communicate with their loved ones is this life

Ya i believe there is life after death too but not for reincarnation because if there is then isnt our life will endless, life > death > reincarnated > life > death.
I wonder if you now erase the memory, you will find that you continue to live? I think not. You will live a new life. This means that only one life. There's a sequel or not is a different life. So why spoil yourself this?
You think its only one life huh, i completely disagree because you ripe what you sow, in this life is trial, and depend on what you doing, you will get punishment or pleasure in the world of after life Smiley
I don't believe in the existence of life after death. I'm sure that after his death the end and nothing. Psychics who communicate with spirits are scammers. They deceive people in order to enrich.
February 07, 2017, 11:57:44 AM
I believe in life after death. I also think that we may be reincarnated after such time. I don't think that we just stop at one point and just stay there. This is why I believe in God. I believe that after we die, we get to see him and then we're given a chance to be much better in our next life.
How can you believe in life after death? With the death of the human brain, life stops. Even if she were the life of the soul after death, to live and not be able to communicate with their loved ones is this life

Ya i believe there is life after death too but not for reincarnation because if there is then isnt our life will endless, life > death > reincarnated > life > death.
I wonder if you now erase the memory, you will find that you continue to live? I think not. You will live a new life. This means that only one life. There's a sequel or not is a different life. So why spoil yourself this?
You think its only one life huh, i completely disagree because you ripe what you sow, in this life is trial, and depend on what you doing, you will get punishment or pleasure in the world of after life Smiley
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
February 06, 2017, 10:54:18 AM

February 06, 2017, 10:45:26 AM

Activity: 102
February 06, 2017, 08:58:15 AM
Activity: 117
February 06, 2017, 08:51:34 AM
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
February 05, 2017, 07:44:41 PM
We do not remember the pre-birth. With death we will disappear in our body. Scientifically there is no soul.
So you do not have to worry. You will remember nothing after you die.
I also don't believe in life after death. These stories invented by religious leaders to be able to manage people and asking for money. The funny thing to me is that there are people who change their real life to virtual life after death.

When we look at the history of humanity, wars are generally religion-based.
Like you said, religion is a great device for people to use.
As Marx said, "Religion is the opium of the people"
All wars have always involved religion. This is because religious leaders have always cooperated with the state authorities. Therefore, the state supports religious activities. Religion is responsible for war.

Because religion can guide people very easily. It is very difficult to fool an atheist. But using beliefs you can do things to people. They can vote for the elections to you. You can make them fight.

That's untrue.

Remember USSR and North Korea?

Their populations were/are mostly atheist and they followed their leaders blindly into poverty
Activity: 140
February 05, 2017, 07:25:27 PM
We do not remember the pre-birth. With death we will disappear in our body. Scientifically there is no soul.
So you do not have to worry. You will remember nothing after you die.
I also don't believe in life after death. These stories invented by religious leaders to be able to manage people and asking for money. The funny thing to me is that there are people who change their real life to virtual life after death.

When we look at the history of humanity, wars are generally religion-based.
Like you said, religion is a great device for people to use.
As Marx said, "Religion is the opium of the people"
All wars have always involved religion. This is because religious leaders have always cooperated with the state authorities. Therefore, the state supports religious activities. Religion is responsible for war.

Because religion can guide people very easily. It is very difficult to fool an atheist. But using beliefs you can do things to people. They can vote for the elections to you. You can make them fight.
Activity: 96
February 05, 2017, 09:04:09 AM
Our life wouldn't matter if there is no death. Our consciousness, feelings, relations and wisdom gives us life. I feel that death is not just a bad thing because it can also be our freedom from the materialistic world. But, we may never know what may happen after death unless we our in the process of dying.
Yes, we should not mind what would happen after our death. What we should mind is how can we make our life meaningful. I do not believe on something that I don't see but God. I beleieve in existence if God but the way we are created, I am with science. Same as death, I don't beleieve in souls for the reason that there is no evidence/witness that can prove on its existence. Let's just tend to be nice as we live, be thankful because we do still exist.

Since death is the end of everything that we do and are in this life, there are only two good things that we can do:
1. Find Jesus salvation so that we can live in the next life;
2. Help others find Jesus salvation so that they can live, as well.

Cool
You are right, if you want an assurance in life find Jesus in your heart and life. Live with His Words and believe that without Him we are nothing.
We are not perfect that is why if we have Jesus in our hearts then we should not be worry about our after death, and Jesus will be With us because He is the Way, the Truth and the Life.
The most popular person who was resurrected after death is Jesus. But even with him, there is no confirmation. You are not worrying? I think this is proof that there is no life after death does not exist.
Activity: 952
Merit: 515
February 05, 2017, 08:52:45 AM
Our life wouldn't matter if there is no death. Our consciousness, feelings, relations and wisdom gives us life. I feel that death is not just a bad thing because it can also be our freedom from the materialistic world. But, we may never know what may happen after death unless we our in the process of dying.
Yes, we should not mind what would happen after our death. What we should mind is how can we make our life meaningful. I do not believe on something that I don't see but God. I beleieve in existence if God but the way we are created, I am with science. Same as death, I don't beleieve in souls for the reason that there is no evidence/witness that can prove on its existence. Let's just tend to be nice as we live, be thankful because we do still exist.

Since death is the end of everything that we do and are in this life, there are only two good things that we can do:

Cool
You are right, if you want an assurance in life find Jesus in your heart and life. Live with His Words and believe that without Him we are nothing.
We are not perfect that is why if we have Jesus in our hearts then we should not be worry about our after death, and Jesus will be With us because He is the Way, the Truth and the Life.
Activity: 238
February 04, 2017, 06:21:01 AM

Cool

You forgot option 3.

3. Nothing. You die. End of Story. No afterlife.

the 3rd option is the most possible  of all.
there is nothing after death. its all darkness there, you wouldn't want to live in that dark. notice when someone die in an accident and you look at their eyes wide open yet?

if you are that dead man and you just discover there's life after death and you watch yourself, ain't that painful? pain is never a heaven.  if there's life after death you are just going to remember the ones you left like sons, daughters and you're going to live miserably after death.
I am sure that there is nothing after death. People instinctively fear death and therefore invented the tale in order to limit the temptation to take with them to the light of anyone with whom they quarreled.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
February 04, 2017, 04:47:32 AM

Cool

You forgot option 3.

the 3rd option is the most possible  of all.
there is nothing after death. its all darkness there, you wouldn't want to live in that dark. notice when someone die in an accident and you look at their eyes wide open yet?

if you are that dead man and you just discover there's life after death and you watch yourself, ain't that painful? pain is never a heaven.  if there's life after death you are just going to remember the ones you left like sons, daughters and you're going to live miserably after death.
Activity: 294
February 04, 2017, 03:43:22 AM

Cool

You forgot option 3.

Pages:
Jump to: