Pages:
Author

Topic: Airdrop advice for newbies - page 3. (Read 1178 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 100
LETS GO ADAB
November 16, 2017, 10:07:09 PM
yeah! for the sake of money, they are creating a coin for an airdrop and simply abandoned after they make profit to it. They want a quick money by pumping it quick and dump after. About litecoin classic coin i am holding few coins (LTCC ), i dont know if i got the legit or the scam one
Activity: 1017
Merit: 107
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
November 16, 2017, 10:04:55 PM
And i have seen some airdrops that are asking for some money before joining them.
There is one who claims to be the real fork of ethereum who is asking for $20 in advance in order to join a weekly bounty of $50 each week, payed with their tokens of course.
It is very disgusting to see how many airdrops are in the market right now, and almost all the newbies are falling in those kind of free money situation because they are newbies on all this world.
I dont know why most of them are still online..
Our weakness are finding good airdrops is because of lack of information, if there are airdrops who ask for money first with the lure of greater return cash, would be an interesting lure for newbies . but in the later this airdrop turns scamming.
Actually, we can't control about how there are many new airdrops created now, market was flooded by new airdrops every month.
For me, these situation looks this is a competition from the developers to just speculate.
wonder if there same "Dev team" who scam newbies with some kind of airdrop. I mean if they done with with an airdrop thn scam, they make another airdrop again and again.
Activity: 378
November 16, 2017, 09:50:53 PM
And i have seen some airdrops that are asking for some money before joining them.
There is one who claims to be the real fork of ethereum who is asking for $20 in advance in order to join a weekly bounty of $50 each week, payed with their tokens of course.
It is very disgusting to see how many airdrops are in the market right now, and almost all the newbies are falling in those kind of free money situation because they are newbies on all this world.
Our weakness are finding good airdrops is because of lack of information, if there are airdrops who ask for money first with the lure of greater return cash, would be an interesting lure for newbies . but in the later this airdrop turns scamming.
Actually, we can't control about how there are many new airdrops created now, market was flooded by new airdrops every month.
For me, these situation looks this is a competition from the developers to just speculate.
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
November 16, 2017, 09:37:44 PM
Most airdrops are worthless giveaways.  Sharedrops and signature campaigns are where its at.  Pick up the free "airdrops" (giveaways) if you want to, but most are worthless and in many cases phishing.

Also, OP, Bitsend does legit weekly airdrops, Bitcore does weekly sharedrops, and Byteball does monthly/bimonthly sharedrops.
Activity: 126
November 16, 2017, 09:06:09 PM
Most airdrops are scams or worthless tokens... Usually a failed attempt at trying to pump a coin into being worth anything and then gaining some quick profits on top of it (and later abandoning the project)... It`s like faucets, not worth spending your time chasing it.
Activity: 238
November 16, 2017, 08:57:37 PM
I remember ethereum cash when they did the airdrop.  They had a telegram forum and the dev always stated that he would release the whitepaper at a specific date and time.  I knew he was full of it because I don't know what you could write in that whitepaper on the purpose of this token. 10 minutes prior to the release of the whitepaper, he stated he sold the company to some other investor.  You are right, that was a scummy dev.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 259
November 16, 2017, 08:53:32 PM
Looks like this will be a very helpful thread. You should update more about the legitimate ones and maybe less on scam ones. I think it will just be a waste of time for those to be listed.
I believe there is a lot out there who needs help to be advertised and this could be a solution.
Lack of support is what take the value of others even if they are legitimate.
Activity: 950
Merit: 517
November 16, 2017, 08:34:07 PM
This is great information is also been participated of thus scam airdrops even holding their tokens also.
I also been support to the long term airdrop the deep onion and I still continue to support this airdrop.
November 16, 2017, 07:47:37 PM
Nobody should be giving their private key to any site. Any airdrop that asks for a donation before they can receive tokens should be avoided as that is not an airdrop. Many airdrops supply a low amount of tokens so the holding value is less than the exchange fee.
Avoid the site who are asking your private key. I always received the email from the omisego airdrop. I opened those emails and I want to participate in their airdrop but in the end of their submission, you must filled your private key to get the omisego airdrop. So I decided to leave it and ignore their emails and all incoming emails. They want to get your private to scam all your tokens in your wallet.

Good on you! Its a pity that many people just dont educate themselves enough before entering in crypto. Luckily I was told this a lot of times before buying my first BTC. Security is the most important thing in crypto. Nobody should ever take it light. I would also suggest paper wallets or cold storage via Ledger Nano S. You might think nothing will happen, but if it will, what are you going to do then? Always go by: better safe, than sorry!
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
November 16, 2017, 07:47:00 PM
How are you vetting the air drops to say they are legit or not in a timely(relevant) fashion so the info is still usefull, a lot of drops fill up in less than 24 hours, and getting info in that time I see being pretty hard. I love this concept, just not sure on how practical it is.
Activity: 199
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
November 16, 2017, 07:38:08 PM
Nobody should be giving their private key to any site. Any airdrop that asks for a donation before they can receive tokens should be avoided as that is not an airdrop. Many airdrops supply a low amount of tokens so the holding value is less than the exchange fee.
Avoid the site who are asking your private key. I always received the email from the omisego airdrop. I opened those emails and I want to participate in their airdrop but in the end of their submission, you must filled your private key to get the omisego airdrop. So I decided to leave it and ignore their emails and all incoming emails. They want to get your private to scam all your tokens in your wallet.
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
November 16, 2017, 07:33:06 PM
The important thing is that, never give a personal key for anything, this time is very vulnerable. so we must always be vigilant and if any suspicious should ask questions and do not do harmful actions.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
November 16, 2017, 07:14:09 PM
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
November 16, 2017, 06:24:31 PM
I think this is a good opportunity for beginners to make a deposit, and then multiply it by trading or investing.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
November 16, 2017, 06:07:03 PM
I will create a list of scam airdrops and a small list of legitimate airdrops. Please feel free to comment so that we can add more to the list and make it as accurate as possible.

Thank you, very useful.
Activity: 398
Merit: 118
November 16, 2017, 05:57:18 PM
Thanks for post. I follow your post. Good airdrop share thanks man..
November 16, 2017, 05:51:13 PM
Hi there, its a generous move of you to create this thread. Much appreciate it. I would add WindCoin to the list of legitimate airdrops. Check: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--2346147
The Website is not up yet, but it will come out in the coming days, the Whitepaper as well. The first round was conducted smoothly and on saturday the second round will happen. Please read the thread, evaluate and let me know what you think about it.
Activity: 280
The Operating System for DAOs
November 16, 2017, 05:24:06 PM
Thanks for your work that really helps. Unfortunately, these drops are not so exclusive which is sad but thanks anyway!
Activity: 650
Merit: 500
November 16, 2017, 05:00:29 PM
Activity: 532
Merit: 13
November 16, 2017, 03:24:36 PM
Pages:
Jump to: