Pages:
Author

Topic: ALL Initial Coin Offerings are Trash - page 13. (Read 22287 times)

Activity: 891
Merit: 100
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
February 01, 2019, 11:20:05 AM
But what do you mean under "All ICO are trash" ?
If you can multiply your investements and sell at good price. But the project still has no real application. So you made some mone with that.
Is it trash or not?
This is manipulation. if you earn money on something that does not exist, then this is ordinary speculation and there is nothing good in it except profit. that is why the manipulation tools themselves are simply garbage that you buy and sell to those who do not understand anything in projects
Activity: 672
February 01, 2019, 11:18:05 AM
Most advantages will promote according to each stage of the project. All bonuses help them attract angel investors, why do you invest early on others and have equal benefits? Do you have questions about this and do you want to get more benefits than other investors?
Activity: 287
Merit: 102
February 01, 2019, 11:11:55 AM
But what do you mean under "All ICO are trash" ?
If you can multiply your investements and sell at good price. But the project still has no real application. So you made some mone with that.
Is it trash or not?
Activity: 700
February 01, 2019, 10:39:24 AM
Not all ICO for me is a trash. It still depends on the success as for example if they reached their target. The hardest part today is that it is unpedictable if it will succeed. I am afraid to lose money so I am not used to invest on it. I just earned tokens that are not available on exchange thats why I can say that, yes, some are ok but most are scams.
Activity: 602
February 01, 2019, 10:17:52 AM
Yes, most of ICO are scam and the other 20% of them probably will have a price dumped at least by half when traded no exchanges... personally I stay out from ICO market in this period.
Activity: 938
Merit: 250
The First Idle Defense Blockchain Game
February 01, 2019, 09:33:07 AM
Not all icos are trash. Yesterday BitTorrent made xx on Binance, and before that this crowdsale lasted only 18 minutes and collected more than 7 million dollars.
but only a few of the ico managed to get it. most of those who still survive are the ico projects that continue to extend the duration of their sales because they have not yet achieved softcap. whether they can survive in this condition or not.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
February 01, 2019, 09:29:54 AM
Not all icos are trash. Yesterday BitTorrent made xx on Binance, and before that this crowdsale lasted only 18 minutes and collected more than 7 million dollars.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
February 01, 2019, 09:28:17 AM
In my opinion, the main reason for this state of affairs is that with ICO there is an advance payment for work that has not yet been done. I think this problem can be solved by freezing part of the invested funds, and issuing them as necessary.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
February 01, 2019, 09:06:45 AM
Most ICOs will turn to dust.
99% will likely just steal your money, you're simply funding some "team" having a good life in a exotic location.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
February 01, 2019, 08:18:30 AM
There's a lot of posts in this section "ICOs will come back", "Some ICOs are scams", "Should I do ICOs". These all contain the implication that Initial Coin Offerings are fine and dandy.

What type of information do you need to know that Initial Coin Offerings are trash the majority of the time? 80% of ICOs in 2017 were scams. To put that into respective, that's 4 out of every 5. The odds are terrible. Going by the rules of probability, you're going to be apart of the four of five. Why wouldn't you be?

The ideas I've seen with Initial Coin Offerings are just as bad. Why do these companies need $80 million in the first place? Let's be realistic, most things don't need to be on the blockchain. Satoshi didn't need to do an Initial Coin Offering to make Bitcoin into a bustling success. He started off putting in his own money. What do ICOs actually have to bring to the table?

The people that are making these threads with a positive implication are probably apart of the scams, or they're risking their money with the odds stacked entirely against them.

It's possible to have original ideas offered for free. Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin. Some people are simply blinded by their greed and short-term to try speculate on the worthless. No wonder bubbles are so rampant within this ecosystem.

Resources:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/new-study-says-80-percent-of-icos-conducted-in-2017-were-scams

Most of the ICOs are garbage, that's true. But the art of investing is just it - ability to choose the projects that will shoot and make you rich Smiley
We had some nice examples in 2017 when some ICO investments lead people to good profits.
Activity: 255
Merit: 11
January 31, 2019, 07:58:16 PM
I think, this statement is pessimistic. There are range of good ICOs with interesting and live concepts. And of course, there are a lot of scams. But nowadays the conditions have changed dramatically and I think, it will harder to collect money for scam ICOs. The reason is that most of the investors are tired of such and have become more accurate.
copper member
Activity: 210
Merit: 2
www.daxico.com
January 31, 2019, 03:53:50 PM
All initial coin offer is a trash ? That is very serious statement you just make mate. You need to do a very good research about initial coin offer. There are project that has been feature on the coinmarketcap that just left their ico stages and they are doing great on different exchanges. While some project that were not able to reach softcap they refunded to investors but this does not mean they are scam despite that bounty hunters don't get reward for their hard work does not mean ico are scam.There are no business that doesn't involve risk  that's why you need deep research before investing your time and money.
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
January 31, 2019, 03:49:00 PM
Your submission is wrong all ICO cannot be trash, that we have scammers in CRYPTO space does not denote that all ICO developers are trash, several good project has been launch with real product, I feel with regulation in the community, the trash can be sieve out
Activity: 728
Merit: 14
January 31, 2019, 03:42:47 PM
the assessment that 80% of icos are just scam, is also my opinion. really many projects just want to collect money and then disappear. hopefully this will change a bit in 2019. finding good projects is really hard at the moment.
Activity: 780
Merit: 101
January 31, 2019, 03:31:24 PM
I agree with you, most projects use only the opportunity to make money with the help of ICO. But actually, the blockchain trying to implement even where there is no need. When choosing a project for investment, you should take this into account and choose only those projects where the blockchain can be really useful.
Activity: 658
January 31, 2019, 03:17:01 PM
i don't think so no company can build a useful product in less than 2 years all ico still need time to complete their project and acchieve mass adoption but there is a lot of trash in the space be aware
Activity: 168
January 31, 2019, 03:08:45 PM
No they are not. It's just you can't choose normal and a correct one. For example let's take a look at Huobi Russia.
- professional team
- already working exchange
- part of Huobi Global ( one of TOP world exchanges )
At least this 3 reasons have to be good enough just to take a look at them.
copper member
Activity: 448
StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective
January 31, 2019, 03:04:46 PM
There are many that has good product to back up their project but so many scam out there and we have to be very careful in any kind of ICO we are going to participate in, so we have to be on safe side .
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
January 31, 2019, 02:23:24 PM
ICO community might not be as healthy as it was like in 2017.
But to tell that all ICO is a trash it is way far from reality. STOP saying that as ICO is the future of the world.
ICO is 50% real as of now and once regulated everything will be better.
Activity: 518
Merit: 124
January 31, 2019, 02:21:39 PM
I dont support any idea of generalising that all Initial Coin Offering to be labeled scam, off course I know that there are so many scam ICOs out there, but that does not give the totality of all the ICOs, as I know too well that there are still genuine ICOs.
Pages:
Jump to: