Pages:
Author

Topic: Altcoins are all down, so how do traders make their earnings? - page 4. (Read 5075 times)

Activity: 646
Merit: 252
PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor
Hi still a newbie trader here. Just want to know. If All altcoins are down since last few weeks. How do traders maker their earnings during this bitcoin correction / retracement. All my polo coins are bought while Bitcoin is 2900usd in the past few months. Now I am HODLing like forever Sad All my coins are in bloody red, I have negative -20%  to -30% profit. Please suggest something.

There is no need to worry my friend. Earnings in trade is not on a daily basis. If you are new, let me tell you that you are on a rollercoaster ride. It will not be all upward, there has to be downward. Fluctuation is real. The price is volatile. If everything is on a flat line then there would be no need for a trader, no need for some skills and analysis, no need for the "buy high sell low" strategy. All these are temporary and will not last long.

In general, in trading, take advantage of anything that happens and that is currently happening in the market.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Hi still a newbie trader here. Just want to know. If All altcoins are down since last few weeks. How do traders maker their earnings during this bitcoin correction / retracement. All my polo coins are bought while Bitcoin is 2900usd in the past few months. Now I am HODLing like forever Sad All my coins are in bloody red, I have negative -20%  to -30% profit. Please suggest something.

When you bought your virtual coins, you likely bought them from someone who paid $100 for all of them. You paid them $1000s for something they paid $100. They are very happy and probably used the money they got selling you their virtual coins to buy a nice car, some dinners out with family and vacations.

Now you are holding some virtual coins. You hope to find someone else who will pay you more for the virtual coins than you paid so you can buy a nice car, some dinners out with family and vacations.

Why would they want to buy your virtual coins for more than you paid? Because they, in turn, might think they can find someone else who wants to buy those virtual coins at an even higher price in the future.

Now... when will that person come along who wants to buy your virtual coins for more than you paid?

That is what you are waiting for. Nothing more. Nothing less.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

They eventually earnin some coins i would say i earn from draco and other shitcoins that were suddenly pump then play with the market but in your case you need to wait until the price become normal after august 1 .just keep holding now and save your bitcoins in a hardwallet.

Yeah just try to have patience and look at the bigger picture. Though your entry point is at a quite expensive price, the future is still before ua and i'm pretty confident that btc will bounce back. As per traders, i think the most experienced ones still are able to earn from altcoins even though they're down most of the time. These people can observe fluctuations pretty well and can take advantage of any changes in the altcoin market

Yup who is having more experience in trading they are still doing trading and making a profit. But the normal traders and newbies are stopped to do trading. And they are holding coins for next month pump. I think most of the people are stopped buy and sell business all are waiting for August 1st effect.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

They eventually earnin some coins i would say i earn from draco and other shitcoins that were suddenly pump then play with the market but in your case you need to wait until the price become normal after august 1 .just keep holding now and save your bitcoins in a hardwallet.

Yeah just try to have patience and look at the bigger picture. Though your entry point is at a quite expensive price, the future is still before ua and i'm pretty confident that btc will bounce back. As per traders, i think the most experienced ones still are able to earn from altcoins even though they're down most of the time. These people can observe fluctuations pretty well and can take advantage of any changes in the altcoin market
Activity: 910
Merit: 523
Hi still a newbie trader here. Just want to know. If All altcoins are down since last few weeks. How do traders maker their earnings during this bitcoin correction / retracement. All my polo coins are bought while Bitcoin is 2900usd in the past few months. Now I am HODLing like forever Sad All my coins are in bloody red, I have negative -20%  to -30% profit. Please suggest something.

When altcoins prices decline, that's the right time to buy obviously, because we know some coins really has potential and will grow up again within months such as monero, zcash, ethereum and gigabyte. What matter is your patience to wait, current dump caused by bitcoin news that will split on August 1st. But we should be sure it will rise again in the next month, so people cash out their funds from altcoins to buy bitcoin right before segwit activated, consider there is testnet of segwit2x on July 21th to see how it get support.
" Then, mining pools, companies and users are expected to begin running the code on the main bitcoin network as soon as July 21."
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-segwit2x-testnet-fork-scaling-proposal/
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Activity: 686
Merit: 510
Hi still a newbie trader here. Just want to know. If All altcoins are down since last few weeks. How do traders maker their earnings during this bitcoin correction / retracement. All my polo coins are bought while Bitcoin is 2900usd in the past few months. Now I am HODLing like forever Sad All my coins are in bloody red, I have negative -20%  to -30% profit. Please suggest something.

The rule still the same, buy low and sell at higher peak. If you can't make profit through altcoin-bitcoin, then just convert altcoin into another altcoins, but make sure it's a good coin to buy. If you are not sure to sell/buy altcoins, then just wait for bitcoin's price recover.
Normally, if bitcoin price decline, altcoins will follow to drop as well and vice versa, pay attention before buy and sell your coins.
Altcoins depend on the price of bitcoin. If the price was going low then the altcoim goes down at the same time. If you are worried about your altcoins then convert it into Bitcoin or another altcoin to avoid loss of profit. We aim for the profit or higher profit. It is actually works and choice for us to benefit of what we had. I know altcoins have the big role in our cryptocurrency.
Activity: 111
Merit: 21
When everyone is panic selling, the sharks are buying. It's feeding time on blood red days! Time to munch the minnows up Wink
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
Altcoins are all down and no opportunities ? Are you sure mate ? If you're an expert you can find an opportunities in current market and you may be can double your money.i knew many altcoins are down but if you look it closely you can see the patern.
Example ; PTOY,you can see it current price is around 5k and it tried to hit 4k but bounce back to 5,5k.

There's a lot opportunity if you can see it,but dont let your emotion take control  

Or

Holding,it might be the best this time for us newbie to secure our profit
Activity: 961
Merit: 110
SweetBet.com
All my money is in alt coins,so while I'm waiting for the market to bounce back, I'm increasing the number of the alt coins by selling when the price peaks and buying them back when the price drops. This way I'll have more coins by the time the market bounces back.
Activity: 538
Merit: 500
I think right now the traders will be just holding their digital assets expecting for a price increase rather than selling low without any profit as the entire cryts were decreasing in value without much growth happening in between as the past days were fluctuations happen quite often.

Correct, traders are simply holding for now. Maybe some are just dumping for a simply a cash out but I believed that most of them are holding on their assets. In this time of uncertainty, it's much better to hold and don't do anything stupid that you might regret in the future. I also speculate that they are taking advantage of the low price and stashing some coins as well. Still a win-win situation if you see it.

Traders not only earn with buying low and selling high.Traders need good feeling to read charts and understand market conditions. Same reversed idea works with selling high and buying low in your case Wink You should make decisions with calculating reliable long-term return no matter you trade cryptocurrencies like btc,eth or other forex assets.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
I think right now the traders will be just holding their digital assets expecting for a price increase rather than selling low without any profit as the entire cryts were decreasing in value without much growth happening in between as the past days were fluctuations happen quite often.

Correct, traders are simply holding for now. Maybe some are just dumping for a simply a cash out but I believed that most of them are holding on their assets. In this time of uncertainty, it's much better to hold and don't do anything stupid that you might regret in the future. I also speculate that they are taking advantage of the low price and stashing some coins as well. Still a win-win situation if you see it.
Activity: 602
Merit: 252
Activity: 134
sorting will be the best method now.
Will you come?
It may be nicer.
Activity: 329
Merit: 254

Just hold your coins.I think almost they have come down to bottom price.So if you wait for some more time,it may start to increase.Just understand that altcoin market is highly volatile.Don't get panic at any time.It is the basic rule of trading.Don't follow the market blindly.Turn a deaf ear to rumours.
ups and down is always there in all types of altcoin or even in bitcoin. I think those people who can wait and have some patient they can really make good profit from bitcoin,. but those people who do not have patient for most of the  time they lose their money.
Activity: 210
True Flip ICO: 28 of June 2017

Just hold your coins.I think almost they have come down to bottom price.So if you wait for some more time,it may start to increase.Just understand that altcoin market is highly volatile.Don't get panic at any time.It is the basic rule of trading.Don't follow the market blindly.Turn a deaf ear to rumours.

The only thing you can do now is to hold patiently. Hold for another 3 to 6 months and you have a chance to be in green with a decent amount of profit. I myself have lost 50% of my profits in $ and I am still holding. I hope you are holding some quality coins than some shit coins.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
i am newbie but my suggestion of this topic if you want earning more profits as a traders you need to learn the waving the currency of bitcoin always observe the movement of coins it is up or down in short need a timing to get more profit. don't sell your bitcoin if the value is down.
Activity: 588

Yes
Maybe btc are down now but it doesnt mean but it doesnt mean that it will not recover,Its really bad news to all bitcoin holders  but dont lost hope for the surprising high price of bitcoin soon for the coming months .Dont worry theres still new day waiting to those who keep on hoping.Big hope is coming on us  that all bitcoiners be thankful for that day.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 503
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
Hold it till August altcoin will rise again. If you sell now you will be in loss. so wait few more weeks you can make profit

The altcoins are already rising back. Slowly and steadily but BTC is also stopped its drop as people who were waiting for its drop started buying as per my assumption. There were some altcoins which were on the negative side but now the tide is shifting and we can see many altcoins turning green.
Pages:
Jump to: