Pages:
Author

Topic: Alternative Block Chains : be safe! - page 9. (Read 1351826 times)

Activity: 513
Merit: 150
December 27, 2018, 02:40:26 PM
Top alternative coins are Ripple XRP, Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH, Stellar (XLM), and EOS (EOS). All 5 are a great way to get many people to setup many targets with Bitcoin users.

I would still add in the above list another coin Litecoin (LTC)

Wow, thoese coins are just some of the biggest alternative according to market cap.. ltc does more or less the same that btc; eth and Eos also do the same; ripple is a bank coin and xlm is married with ibm. of course these are alternative block chains, but there are much more you can list..
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
December 27, 2018, 08:49:42 AM
Top alternative coins are Ripple XRP, Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH, Stellar (XLM), and EOS (EOS). All 5 are a great way to get many people to setup many targets with Bitcoin users.

I would still add in the above list another coin Litecoin (LTC)
Activity: 2
December 26, 2018, 02:10:39 PM
my blockchain better all :DDD
Activity: 1
December 17, 2018, 02:12:17 AM
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
December 14, 2018, 03:57:51 PM
Litecoin and Dash and everything else is crashing the same way at the moment.
Activity: 437
Merit: 250
December 14, 2018, 11:17:32 AM
🚨#WhaleAlert 🐳🚨 OMG! 😱 #Litecoin has recently come under scrutiny for having 35.4 million #LTC, or about 60% of the total coin supply, moved by one entity! Wealth distribution plays a significant role in decentralization.
 Shocked
~60% of Litecoin's supply was recently moved by what was believed to be a single entity. ~44% of Litecoin's coin supply is in 100 wallets. Compared to ~14% of Dash's coin supply in the top 100 wallets. Coin wealth distribution helps make a decentralize network!

https://twitter.com/justinszilard/status/1073295803823861761
 Roll Eyes
Activity: 11
December 13, 2018, 02:06:51 PM
Hey everyone! Have you heard of Credits, what are your thoughts about this projects and this piece of news in particular???

I've copied the message from their ANN, if it's breaking some rules in this topic, please, pardon me and delete my post.

Quote:
"Great news, guys! We've been waiting for this for so long and now it's here! IBM Cloud is officially partnered with Credits!

They aim to bring blockchain to the mainstream with high-speed, low-cost transactions with the help of IBM Cloud and also developed a use case along with IBM for IoT that will be validated on Credits blockchain!
They shared main points of the use case aimed to create new IoT models, which integrate blockchain technology with the IBM Watson IoT™ Platform and IBM Cloud infrastructure.

The aim of this use case is to offer a tamper-proof of the IoT indications in the public view along with the speed needed to process a great number of indications into a public blockchain at a very low cost, thanks to overall great performance that Credits platform offers."

More info:
https://www.ibm.com/case-studies/credits-ibm-cloud-blockchain-performance
https://credits.com/en/Home/New_Ins/4198
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
December 09, 2018, 06:52:40 PM
Thanks Gav for your general warning. Well it is risky to invest into Bitcoin especially nowadays, however to invest into any altcoin it is even riskier. Ultimate gambling. However my feeling is that we have reached finally our final bottom. I know the shorter masters now call for a bet to 2798$. They think that Bitcoin will come down.
I also think that altcoins have been already rekkt big time. To come down to 83.47$ from 1430 $ is huge. I am talking about Ether. So there is a huge upside potential in Ether and Bitcoin might correct furthermore, however Ether is safe.

Activity: 42
December 07, 2018, 06:59:42 PM
in fact there is a terrible fear, especially at Bitcoin, for example, doubling the turn, but for me the biggest fear is from the so-called crypto-currency rules.
Activity: 14
December 06, 2018, 04:44:19 AM
This is true, time has passed since this was posted and its relevancy is astonishing. I would add that since a lot of block chains have actually emerged in the internet, this has not changed the nature of people, despite the ease of earning money through cryptocurrencies, they still want an easy and illegal way to earn. That's why we need to be more mindful on the blockchains that we want to use when we are dealing with our coins.
Activity: 28
November 30, 2018, 05:52:04 AM
Gosh, the original post has been 7 years old. And still very relevant! There are so many wallets abailable now and in a desire to try things, some users disable their AV. Newbies forget to use virtual machine dry runs. I am guilty of that but have learned my lesson.
November 22, 2018, 12:35:49 PM

There is a good tool where you can not worry about the choice of crypto currency. At any time, in any currency, you can use the funds. The most convenient bitcoin tumbler ever I met
Activity: 24
November 22, 2018, 01:19:17 AM
Nice pieces of advice. Auditing source code is best possible way to make sure whether a new block chain is embraceable or not, but honestly only a handful of people actually does that especially if the code is messy. From a developers perspective trying out a new block chain with minimal risk is doable(efficiency is also accounted), but for most of the investors with less technical knowledge minimizing the risk is like solving a complex math problem instead of being a total noob in math. And eventually learning to recognize useless coins is fruitful.
Activity: 10
November 20, 2018, 03:34:03 AM
Great advice. I really the part about not investing more than you can afford to lose. CryptoCurrencies are not scam but can be used for scam so we all need to beware
November 18, 2018, 04:23:50 PM
This paper is awesome. I enjoyed it so much. I hope many people will keep an open minding as to adopting new innovations. This is the only way any technology could be grown.
Thanks.
Activity: 28
November 11, 2018, 11:21:42 PM
This is true, a lot of block chains have actually emerged in the internet. As always people never change, despite the ease of earning money through cryptocurrencies, they still want an easy and illegal way to earn. That's why we need to be more mindful on the block chains that we want to use when we are dealing with our coins.
Activity: 9
November 02, 2018, 06:57:04 AM
Gavin's right, we must be careful to what we invest in. But they do not need to access our computer to scam us. A scam may just be a shitcoin. The nature of the project should help us to know if it is a good one or not. How long would it take to achieve it. Their roadmap of course. If their roadmap is full of promises, shortly delivered, either they are lying, either they will scam. Good work takes time, a lot of time, nobody can achieve big goals in two months. Project who promise to change the world in more than one way will never change the world.
A good project will focus on one aim at a time. It will be a long term project working on something that has a real impact, on the technology or on a political side. Political projects, real one, are good to invest in. Because the teams are really willing to bring some improvement to our world and they'll work for this. Ideas over money is a good way to earn money.
Activity: 21
November 01, 2018, 08:43:47 AM
A lot’s changed since the 1990’s … everybody is connected to everybody else, computer’s run everything like our banks and financial markets…

but something’s still haven’t changed, like, when Alice needs to send Bob some money, they each need people to record the transaction, then validate it, and then tally it with the other side’s recording….over and over, every time some change is made. That’s a lot of work just to make sure what Bob sees is the same as Alice.

Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) allows Bob and Alice to stay in sync, while making sure that nobody can change the data for their own agenda.

The most common use case of DLT is blockchain. There are a lot of DLT products out there who store and share their data on the blockchain which is neat but takes a toll in terms of scalability because everybody has a copy of what Alice and Bob did. That’s a lot of duplicate copies and then there’s privacy to think about it i.e. when Bob and Alice make a transaction the only people should know about it are … Bob and Alice

There are other DLT use cases like Corda which uses the Corda ledger keeping scalability in mind. When Bob and Alice make a transaction on the Corda ledger the transaction is not put into a block with everybody else’s. Each deal is individual in itself, and both parties are in control as to whether they want to include a third party service for things like validation and recording.

Another distributed ledger technology is hashgraphs which gives weight to scalability more than a public consensus.

“All blockchains are distributed ledgers, but not all distributed ledgers are blockchains”

For more information check out these few blogs and videos.

copper member
Activity: 196
October 31, 2018, 02:47:02 PM
I think crypto currency had most popular and attractive. so there are more alternative working on same pattern. but huge of  alternative coins make a way for scamming.thinking. we should be aware for investment.
Activity: 231
Merit: 19
October 31, 2018, 12:10:02 AM
Love that you brought this up as there is so much new blockchain popping up,and to be honest just like everything there is a positive and negative sides to it. The way i see it though if a person is really interested in certain blockchain e.g. plug ., we can always research about it and perhaps see if there are already successful transactions using the blockchain that way we can decide to ourselves if its worth taking the risk.
Pages:
Jump to: