Pages:
Author

Topic: Alternative Block Chains : be safe! - page 7. (Read 1351857 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Blockchain is basically a decentralized way in managing data. It serves to revolutionize different sectors within the society like hospitals, markets, shopping malls, and transportation. But some tend to question its nature, that's why some alternative technologies like HashGraph is emerging. Similar to using a new product, you have to research about it first and learn about its features and the team working behind it before indulging and investing on it. Technology could be tricky, so be diligent.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️
I concur. bitcoin remains the strongest and safest blockchain, despite the emergence of newer and more sophisticated projects. The problem with most altcoins nowadays is that they were not created with the level of care that satoshi nakamoto had. most projects involve the use of low-level programming languages like c++ which are known to be "potential bombs" for hacking and malware if not carefully typed. Every real project has a github account where they make their blockchain projects open source. I'd advice that users explore these source codes and test it themselves.
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
https://imgur.com/1d0UcY0
I think the crypto market will soon face a new revolution. And I'm not talking about the return of Bitcoin to its former positions, but about the fact that large business companies will start to unite to launch their token.

It seems to me that Ethereum will soon be on a par with Bitcoin. Especially if Microsoft, ConsenSys, Web3 Labs and others will actually run a single coin on its basis, as they say in the news

It's real fact that many companies begin to interest in blockchain technology. They now see a good perspective of this system for using in different spheres of human life. One of the great projects is proposed blockchain for the transport system. Maybe in the nearest future, we will see how people will pay for transportation using some of the altcoins.
copper member
Activity: 182
Merit: 18
Crypto.BI
April 26, 2019, 12:23:34 PM
one of my major concerns is how to be safe when trying this out because now there are many lots of malwares and virus that might hit your computer during this process and its a dangerous one. another things is to be sure of using passwords that are way very different from your usual ones because you might be phished and your funds might be stolen.

I keep all the passwords on a separate disk and in a special program where all data is encrypted.

What encryption program do you use?
Activity: 61
April 26, 2019, 06:17:03 AM
I have never seen a platform more educating than this, what I meant today is priceless and I believe it has deeply sharpened my thought process as far as this space is concerned. Thanks a whole lot for this thread
Activity: 6
April 25, 2019, 11:01:30 AM
Thank you Gavin!

I am a newcomer to Bitcoin investment! I have encountered too many projects, phishing websites, and fraudulent websites to steal each other's money. So in a concrete example I can ask if you really bring Bitcoin real economic value if I try to go deeper into the nature of it?
Activity: 79
April 23, 2019, 08:59:57 AM
I think the crypto market will soon face a new revolution. And I'm not talking about the return of Bitcoin to its former positions, but about the fact that large business companies will start to unite to launch their token.

It seems to me that the world is tired of general conflicts and fragmentation. therefore, communities will occupy an important place in the industry. like taklimakan, where novices and crypto-industry experts can find good analytics and useful tools. such projects are building the future

It seems to me that the world is tired of general conflicts and fragmentation. therefore, communities will occupy an important place in the industry. like taklimakan, where novices and crypto-industry experts can find good analytics and useful tools. such projects are building the future

In general, it all depends who is the first to create an affiliate cell - small companies or unite large market representatives? Here is a game ahead of the curve. But the fact that the blockchain plays a leading role in innovation, no one has any doubts
Activity: 64
April 23, 2019, 08:55:29 AM

Activity: 66
April 23, 2019, 08:50:39 AM

Activity: 140
Merit: 10
April 23, 2019, 08:44:27 AM

It seems to me that Ethereum will soon be on a par with Bitcoin. Especially if Microsoft, ConsenSys, Web3 Labs and others will actually run a single coin on its basis, as they say in the news
Activity: 110
April 23, 2019, 08:40:34 AM
Activity: 1078
Merit: 251
April 20, 2019, 01:53:07 PM
one of my major concerns is how to be safe when trying this out because now there are many lots of malwares and virus that might hit your computer during this process and its a dangerous one. another things is to be sure of using passwords that are way very different from your usual ones because you might be phished and your funds might be stolen.

I was hacked once. After that, I keep all the passwords on a separate disk and in a special program where all data is encrypted.
Activity: 667
April 19, 2019, 11:28:24 PM
Activity: 56
April 11, 2019, 05:30:46 PM
Blockchain is getting more and more adopted in many spheres -also traditional ones. But what I personally noticed (also) is that advanced projects have many great components besides blockchain. However blockchain is, of course, about giving much higher transparency and much more opportunities
Activity: 574
April 07, 2019, 04:51:32 AM
Of course it's a good advise. But l think lot of  people are working on a one computer. In the market there are many different types of altccoin. But how can we safest one.we should have been reading news about the altccoin project time to time. I think so.
Activity: 574
March 31, 2019, 10:23:27 AM
It is only way of alternative for safety to secure your bitcoin account,you have must chech your account time to time .if you have more accout then i think we should have extra have pc .one thing more we should have try to some part of our money  invest altcoin & rest of invest in btc.
Activity: 9
March 30, 2019, 11:00:51 AM
I think altcoin is safe or not.
Cryptocurrency is digital currency, so it is like as fiat currency in many side.
Like many fiat currency, there are many altcoin.
At first, if safe or not, is related on main development team or altcoin manager.
If co-founder leave own currency after ICO or get invest, it is scam coin and altcoin will be died.
But if real Team, they will keep promise, Until many user use coin and coin have a great price.
So If you want invest for coin ICO, after you check team member and idea and so on, you must invest.
At first, ICO price is very small, but, after marketing and listing, you will get more profit.
Invest for Good ICO.

Thanks
copper member
Activity: 226
March 30, 2019, 04:50:26 AM
I haven't seen anybody post about what would be my biggest worry if I were trying out alternative block chains. I realize this may be perceived as "Gavin is FUD'ding anything that isn't bitcoin!"  (FUD == Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt)  But I think some of you might be forgetting some basic computer security fundamentals in the excitement to be early adopters.

When I first heard about bitcoin, my questions were:

1) Can it possibly work (do the ideas for how it works make sense)?
2) Is it a scam?
3) If it is not a scam, could it open my computer up to viruses/trojans if I run it?

I answered those questions by:

1) Reading and understanding Satoshi's whitepaper.  Then thinking about it for a day or two and reading it again.
2) Finding out everything I could about the project.  I read every forum thread here (there were probably under a hundred threads back then) and read Satoshi's initial postings on the crypto mailing list.
3) Downloaded and skimmed the source code to see if it looked vulnerable to buffer overflow or other remotely exploitable attacks.

If I were going to experiment with an alternative block-chain, I'd go through the same process again. But I'm an old conservative fuddy-duddy.

If you want to take a risk on a brand-new alternative block-chain, I'd strongly suggest that you:

1) Run the software in a virtual machine or on a machine that doesn't contain anything valuable.
2) Don't invest more money or time than you can afford to lose.
3) Use a different passphrase at every exchange site.

Your advice borders majorly on security. Ten years after and Bitcoin seems to be rather immutable. It goes a long way to tell that Satoshi had serious interests in security and obscurity of Bitcoin as a transaction asset
Activity: 406
Merit: 5
I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising
March 23, 2019, 11:29:49 AM
This is a very useful advice. I think I might have not been following some of the guildlines u listed. Will make amends now..  Security should be priority for everything done over the internet.
Activity: 2
March 21, 2019, 12:01:02 AM
Which altcoin should we trust? A lot of altcoins are out there but which one to consider the best or the safest?

when it comes to privacy monero is the most popular and a trusted one untraceable coin. Heard a new update that this is also now available to one of the secured exchange faast using their API as said on their medium blog.

I still have to figure out some feedback from others as what they've experience with faast.
Pages:
Jump to: