Pages:
Author

Topic: Always pump after sold holdings. - page 7. (Read 935 times)

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193
August 14, 2021, 04:58:53 PM
I always experience this after taking profit and it’s normal because the market wont stop from pumping even if you sell your holdings.

Don’t feel bad because you already take profit but feel bad if you sell at a loss and then suddenly the price goes up, next time you have to be more patient and analyze the chart so you can know when to cut your losses and when to take profit.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
August 14, 2021, 04:43:33 PM
Absolutely yes, it might no happen all the time but most. That is sometimes I have blamed myself for being so impatient. Well, maybe it was at the wrong timing, maybe we just caught by our emotion and sold it earlier before it reaches its peak. But personally, it was not a big deal, what is important is that we can still manage to sell it at profit, not at a loss.
^ No, there should be no regrets on me even if the price hits a peak because I sold my coins with a targeted profit. Sometimes I have experienced the same and sometimes when it will drop right after selling but I just make sure that I had already profited once I have sold my coins. But that is definitely right, we can still be able to manage to sell at the profit not at a loss and you will be fine, there should be no regret to me on that case. Nevertheless, if you can able to hold much longer, much better.
Activity: 1062
Merit: 75
August 14, 2021, 04:43:20 PM
The market tp experience pump in price after selling holdings happened to every investor at some point but since it happens to you most of the time I think you're not checking the market condition before you sell is the reason for this and I don't think you should be bothered by it though since you don't sell at a lost price.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 332
August 14, 2021, 04:00:58 PM
Absolutely yes, it might no happen all the time but most. That is sometimes I have blamed myself for being so impatient. Well, maybe it was at the wrong timing, maybe we just caught by our emotion and sold it earlier before it reaches its peak. But personally, it was not a big deal, what is important is that we can still manage to sell it at profit, not at a loss.

However, it was also realized what if we can't sell it and miss the train? That much more terrible happenings that just only to miss some bucks because of early sold. That might lucky or unlucky. Grin
Activity: 2786
Merit: 646
August 14, 2021, 03:54:58 PM
As the title says, does it happen with you as well? Or just it has been happening with me? Not most of the time, but every time it has been happening with me. Although I sold my holding in profits somehow after sold it start to pump more and more. It's not happening with altcoin only. It's happening also in the Bitcoin trade. I do not regret but it's somehow surprising to me. Either I don't have enough patience or I don't have enough experience.

Does it happen with you? Or just it's happening with me?
For sure lots of people had been able to experience this scenario even to myself which is already lots of situations where I do able to sold up some of my holdings then the price had pumped significantly

after that which would really leave out some regrettable feeling that you should have wait up for a little bit more but there are times which emergencies and target profits been hit up

which would result on securing those profits but later on the price had risen up way more than you do expect.In avoiding myself to get stressed then I do told to myself that at least I have hit up
my goal or target which do really make me feel better at least.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1208
Once a man, twice a child!
August 14, 2021, 03:41:29 PM
Lol...

In the past I used to think I had some token devs or exchange dudes lurking on my hodling. It was almost me thinking I was the biblical Jonah stopping the ship from sailing by inadvertently hodling on to a particular token. It doesn't matter how long I hodl  the token. Like Jonah, once I dump a token the price sails/soars. It was weird for me. However, it was not until I saw and read of people complaining of the same issue that I realised it wasn't me alone or anyone trying to manipulate me. It's just the nature of trading. And this is the reason no one can truly tell you where the bottom or top of a token is.
Activity: 2100
Merit: 618
August 14, 2021, 02:44:02 PM
As the title says, does it happen with you as well? Or just it has been happening with me? Not most of the time, but every time it has been happening with me. Although I sold my holding in profits somehow after sold it start to pump more and more. It's not happening with altcoin only. It's happening also in the Bitcoin trade. I do not regret but it's somehow surprising to me. Either I don't have enough patience or I don't have enough experience.

No one can predict the absolute low and absolute high of any move, this is why laddering and averaging concepts are introduced into trading and almost everyone uses these concepts even professional traders, you will be shocked to know that professional traders use it much more than noobie traders who try to refrain from selling and search for right exit only. Pro traders have 2-3 buying entries where they either average or ladder out their positions and similarly have 2-3 take profits where they average out their sale prices too, it's because no one can predict the end of the move and you should sell before the momentum shifts towards the wrong side, especially if you have a huge position, if you sell during an opposite momentum, you'll even incur heavy slippage. So if this is happening to you, try averaging or laddering into your trading.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 101
August 14, 2021, 02:42:44 PM
Perception is crucial. You see that on similar way again cos we never know top or bottom of price. It is not good to focus on one coin only. I had few times similar filings.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1566
August 14, 2021, 02:36:47 PM

I'm sure many of us have this opinion, but it's not really true. Perception is the key. The perception is selective, because the situations and the experiences influence it. So what has already been experienced, you know and tempts you to think the same thing over and over again. Example: You buy a new car and shortly after you only see it on the road with other drivers. You only see that because your focus is on it. Or we have all sold bitcoin already in profit, you can think of that too.

Activity: 1988
Merit: 527
FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10
August 14, 2021, 02:26:46 PM
When Bitcoin was hovering around 36K, I closed my Buy position at 38K and made a small profit. Then like days later, it went to 40 and here we are.

Activity: 1022
Merit: 517
August 14, 2021, 02:17:13 PM

No you are not the only one and I believe many other experienced the same thing at least once. I feel the same as I experienced it few times in my holding history and most of my experiences were in Bitcoin. After experienced it few times I learn that I should not sell all my holding once the price is going up. Since then, I prefer to sell 50% only and set the other 25% in sell order with higher price and hold the other 25%.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 305
Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week
August 14, 2021, 02:12:19 PM

I too have experienced the same. But I was bit happy for selling my coins at least for a good profit although I missed out a huge profit when there was a great pump to the same coin I sold. From such incidents, I learnt to be patient enough to watch for a reasonable hike and sell. However, it really challenges besides being aware of news/updates on whats happening to the coin. At times, I even lost the opportunity to sell my coins at a high profit by holding the coin back thinking still that coin's price would go up more. Hence, always, setting up profit at minimum percentage is really good enough. This would certainly satisfy us.
Activity: 938
Merit: 503
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
August 14, 2021, 01:52:18 PM
You should not buy one coin and then sit down that it will go high. Best strategy is that you buy at least 5 coin, you think that it will pump. Now when 1 coin pump sell him and buy another with this. Now wait for other to pump and do same strategy. You will never regret.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
August 14, 2021, 01:26:24 PM
I have experienced this situation severally. A situation where you would have sell then come a pump out of nowhere! I thnk this is not an indication that one does not know what should be done, for me, it is just a mere concidence and the suprising factor in cryptocurrency! What I usually practise is not to sell evetything! I have realized that have a small bag keep you in the game if there is evet going to be any pump
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
August 14, 2021, 12:29:54 PM

Yes. And no.

Let's say you sell at price X. After that price is met, it will go (on average) up or down.
Now, if the price was lower and you've picked a bit higher value for X (which is pretty much normal), in order to reach X a tiny "up trend" starts and may (most probably) not end right after hitting your value and will continue for a while. Hence your feeling. And you're right. It's almost impossible to sell at a top.

But if you look at a bigger picture, you'll see - maybe in a day or more - that most probably the price went also down (lower than X) after your sale (hence my "and no" part).

All in all you could have been selling (or buying, since it goes similar) better or worse. ...That doesn't really mean much  Wink
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
August 14, 2021, 12:25:44 PM

Yup, you are not the only one who notices that. It does feel like they are watching my wallet disperse the coins because the moment I sold my holdings, the price quickly goes up like it didn't want me to buy back. I sold my ADA after it reaches $1.70. I thought it's going to be the peak so I waited and although it drops a bit, the bounce greatly leaves me behind as it reaches more than $2.

It does happen when I sold my BTC as well. And it felt like the exchanges themselves are purposely buying them while I hold my stablecoin to wait for the dip.
copper member
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1247
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
August 14, 2021, 12:12:56 PM
It almost always happens. I mean, that's the volatility working and the unpredictability of the market making its way to us in trading. It's not that rare to have the opportunity of the right call, and it's just that there's the notion of people where they think these things below
  • Hoping that they could've sold higher
  • Hoping that they could've cut their losses earlier

Both of these scenarios can happen to you, and every time it does, people think that it happens all the time because of the "hope" that it instills in trading. I guess being emotionless can lessen these types of thoughts when it comes to these things.
Activity: 868
Merit: 150
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 14, 2021, 11:16:21 AM
Probably it's your timing that's a bit off, I mean it happens to a lot of people. This happened to me one time and I don't want that that thing to ever happen again because I missed out on profits. Maybe try to be a little bit more greedy when you are hodling and the prices are pumping hard to potentially maximize the profit.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 2169
Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator
August 14, 2021, 10:57:13 AM

Pages:
Jump to: