Pages:
Author

Topic: Always pump after sold holdings. - page 3. (Read 935 times)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
August 28, 2021, 09:04:46 AM
Didn't happen to me, sold at around 57k so I made the right decision at that time to sell my bitcoin because it had slumped back after hitting and staying at 60k for awhile. I think that yours is just a total coincidence.
Activity: 1042
Merit: 103
August 28, 2021, 09:03:38 AM
Not all of us is lucky with the decisions they make sometimes things might not happen according to what we plan and we wanted. I also experienced this on my pyr tokens after I sold it at 1.8$ it rises up to 5$ how sad. But I am always thinking to secure profit than waiting for the unknown profit. It doesn't matter if I lost for not holding I still earn a small profit at least there still small profit and I am thankful for it.
Activity: 69
Merit: 12
Invest in Wisdom - Only at ccFOUND
August 28, 2021, 08:54:13 AM
We know about some investors who are not patient enough to hold and they sell once they start seeing their investments in green. But we call them smart as well, because what would happen if that specific investment never rises in value once it came down and that investor would rather regret holding it? Whatever you gain, a gain is a gain and if you see coins pumping after you sell your holdings, then we call it your bad luck and not impatience to hold, because there are so many investors who would fall in your category who also experience the same.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 767
August 28, 2021, 08:47:30 AM
As the title says, does it happen with you as well? Or just it has been happening with me? Not most of the time, but every time it has been happening with me. Although I sold my holding in profits somehow after sold it start to pump more and more. It's not happening with altcoin only. It's happening also in the Bitcoin trade. I do not regret but it's somehow surprising to me. Either I don't have enough patience or I don't have enough experience.

Does it happen with you? Or just it's happening with me?
You arent the only one who do experience but for sure all of us does.. There's always a point on the time we have sold off our coins for securing profits and then suddenly there's a pump that do happen which would really be leaving that regrettable feeling inside. Same goes when you are tending to get in because you do believe that it is already the bottom of said price dump or decrease but it is more annoying when you are on selling mode.

I do just tell to myself that it is just fine because i had still able to make or secure profits and its better rather than have nothing at all. Market is unpredictable and these kind of
missed out opportunities are common.

So better prepare and wont really be that emotional or highly reactive whenever you do face up situations like these.
Activity: 826
Merit: 135
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
August 28, 2021, 07:15:12 AM
Same thing happens to me many times, i had bought yesterday a coin which surprises me by giving much profit and even i had sell them its price rises again which i didn't think that it will rise again. And the same token i had bought today which give me much loss after buying the coin, it goes down and same thing done to me.
Activity: 826
Merit: 100
August 22, 2021, 06:53:12 AM
Actually, this kind of thing is just a coincidence. but one thing that is fundamental is that we are less calm about the goals that have been targeted. we are hit by panic selling even though we are already profitable, for example. indeed the psychological burden always resides in our bodies and indeed seems inseparable, but we should learn to control it, so that it makes trading feel comfortable
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
August 22, 2021, 03:56:29 AM
We usually have to choose new ways of trading when there is high risk in the market, you should refrain from trading and sell when the price rises most traders do not have patience so they lose more we have to wait for the mind to cool down the market does not always move at the same pace. Therefore it is possible to pump only after analyzing the market and verifying the dependability of the tokens.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 2166
August 22, 2021, 02:27:24 AM
As the title says, does it happen with you as well? Or just it has been happening with me? Not most of the time, but every time it has been happening with me. Although I sold my holding in profits somehow after sold it start to pump more and more. It's not happening with altcoin only. It's happening also in the Bitcoin trade. I do not regret but it's somehow surprising to me. Either I don't have enough patience or I don't have enough experience.

It's kinda frustrating when I decided to sell my asset in an earlier stage of market fluctuations. One day I was surprised when there's a massive spikes happening, price tripled within few months. Many times I've been wondering why it happened, but I just realized that the cryptocurrency market has been too unpredictable. We can't have an assurance when it goes up and down, that's why long term holders is an ultimate winner.

The OP was satisfied with the profits he gained from the coin trade. This is the most important point here. Perhaps he didn't want to be an ultimate winner. In this case, FOMO should be avoided, although it can be psychologically difficult. Every successful trader must remain calm in these situations.

Sometimes I also make blunders by selling my tokens too early or buying stablecoins too late, but I try my best to predict market trends correctly. I even can to take a pause from trading for a couple of weeks, but I never completely rely on technical analysis.

Anyway, most of my funds are in cold wallets, so I trade some of my coins. I gain experience and learn a new financial lesson almost every month.
Activity: 1895
Merit: 328
August 21, 2021, 01:38:11 PM
Probably a coincidence coupled with a bad timing and poor market analysis or an inaccurate market analysis could be the cause as to why you always get the short end of the straw. Maybe try something new, when you feel like selling right now, try to wait for weeks and see what happens although it's a risky thing for you because you might actually need the money now.
I would say it's just bad timing and really unfortunate because COOLCRYPTOVATOR is an experienced and very old member of the forum so must have great knowledge about the market. The problem is that no matter how much knowledge and experience you have in this market, the price can slide or rise without any reason.

I have been in his shoes in the past when I sell a coin and it starts rising. It feels really bad and hence I don't completely empty my coins now days, I sell some and then wait for the market to move before selling/buying more.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
August 21, 2021, 01:01:33 PM
I often experience things like that selling at low prices in just a few hours or a few days at high prices. and now I'm learning if I have to be diligent in holding longer because the pump will definitely happen and we have to get profit
Maybe you should have to work on how to control yourself from being impatient and try to do some TA before selling if you want to maximize your profit. Hodling works better if you know when to sell and also Bitcoin price movement is very unpredictable that's why learning how to do the some technical analysis is required if you want to become a successful trader.

Avoid using your emotion when you see a sudden movements in the market, that's not healthy when you can't control yourself you always make a bad decision often. You are not trading if that's what you do, you are actually gambling with the market. Trying to favor the luck in you when in fact you can't trade properly because of how impatient you are.
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
August 21, 2021, 12:09:12 PM
At the first same case happened with me many times, but i noticed it which is due to lack of patience but now i have a grip on it and having much patience I will wait for the coins and their selling price which are already predicted. So, i sell it at the predicted price and get the profit. I think you should keep patience also, because it is very important in trading.
Activity: 994
Merit: 441
August 21, 2021, 11:54:17 AM
In fact, when we sell a coin, we see that the price of that coin goes up a lot.A few days ago I c98 coin I bought coins and hold them.But in the meanwhile the price went down a lot and when Ethereum Bitcoin and BNB market increased then I sold those coins and kept them as BNB.But today I see that this coin has increased a lot. So I can tell from this experience that when we sell a coin, the price of that coin goes up a lot.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
August 21, 2021, 09:57:05 AM
Maybe not only you, many people are good at buying but fail to sell. What I mean is to sell at a price that is not maximized. Some of the friends above have suggested selling gradually is good, at least you take your capital first, it's already very good.
Of course, in trading there are several ways to maximize your sales, one of them is with Fibonanci. That will give you a little clue in which area you are selling. But there are people who think you have sold and made a profit it is much better than having to lose.
- Of course, it's hard to test out the slightest clue of the maximum boundary, which seems to be an endless goal that only the lucky enough can stand, sometimes the emotions of many people arise ambitions that challenge these boundaries and return only raindrops of tears on their faces, trading is about correspondence and survival, we are a little content and not competing with the whales for big goals, we will benefit. If we raise the cross and reach the forbidden doors, we are only at a disadvantage
Activity: 936
Merit: 100
August 21, 2021, 07:49:38 AM
I often experience things like that selling at low prices in just a few hours or a few days at high prices. and now I'm learning if I have to be diligent in holding longer because the pump will definitely happen and we have to get profit
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
August 20, 2021, 07:22:23 PM

It's kinda frustrating when I decided to sell my asset in an earlier stage of market fluctuations. One day I was surprised when there's a massive spikes happening, price tripled within few months. Many times I've been wondering why it happened, but I just realized that the cryptocurrency market has been too unpredictable. We can't have an assurance when it goes up and down, that's why long term holders is an ultimate winner.
maybe you can blame yourselves because of being impatient but have you think also that what will happen if you don't sell it and the price will dump? It surely you will in regrets and blame yourself again. It was your decision and you have thought it wisely but because we are too blind not to see the incoming (which is true) that is why we keep blaming ourselves which it is not supposed to be doing. If I'm in that situation, I have to accept it and this was the life in the crypto world. maybe we could have to be more patient the next time around.
Activity: 868
Merit: 256
August 20, 2021, 06:30:27 PM

Activity: 170
Merit: 1
August 20, 2021, 04:19:07 PM
Probably it's your timing that's a bit off, I mean it happens to a lot of people. This happened to me one time and I don't want that that thing to ever happen again because I missed out on profits. Maybe try to be a little bit more greedy when you are hodling and the prices are pumping hard to potentially maximize the profit.
To be sincere the best part would be after taking any decision never look back because one way or the other the market will move against us, and some times checking the progress of the coin projects we held can sometimes be helpful, mostly for new projects always checking on updates about the project and the partnership there got, a bullish news can bring up a bullish price, also getting to know how to analyse charts can be very helpful for we not to miss out on opportunities and know when to exit the market.
Activity: 868
Merit: 150
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 20, 2021, 11:42:06 AM
Probably a coincidence coupled with a bad timing and poor market analysis or an inaccurate market analysis could be the cause as to why you always get the short end of the straw. Maybe try something new, when you feel like selling right now, try to wait for weeks and see what happens although it's a risky thing for you because you might actually need the money now.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1655
To the Moon
August 20, 2021, 11:38:41 AM
...Of course, in trading there are several ways to maximize your sales, one of them is with Fibonanci. That will give you a little clue in which area you are selling. But there are people who think you have sold and made a profit it is much better than having to lose.

Yes, indeed, using Fibonacci, we can make sales at the maximum price. Otherwise, we will tend to sell coins after each green stick. The forum contains a guide to Fibonnachi: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-fibonacci-retracement-5350203 but you can also find the guide on YouTube yourself and study it, because it is one of the most important in technical analysis.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 770
August 19, 2021, 09:52:18 AM
Maybe not only you, many people are good at buying but fail to sell. What I mean is to sell at a price that is not maximized. Some of the friends above have suggested selling gradually is good, at least you take your capital first, it's already very good.
Of course, in trading there are several ways to maximize your sales, one of them is with Fibonanci. That will give you a little clue in which area you are selling. But there are people who think you have sold and made a profit it is much better than having to lose.
Pages:
Jump to: