Pages:
Author

Topic: Amazon gonna accept BTC?? - page 4. (Read 2530 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 102
Stake's discord https://discord.gg/cZhK9vp
September 25, 2017, 12:19:43 PM
While it could help speculation, I'm uncertain this would increase its usage for daily commercial activities much. I do think crypto needs more of that, but perhaps due to its qualities, few people seem to use it as currency outside gambling.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
September 25, 2017, 12:12:09 PM
Fake news like this creates a lot of disappointment when it doesn’t come true. Most people are well aware of how the chance of Amazon accepting Bitcoin is virtually zero right now. Although, that doesn’t mean things won’t change in the future.. There is nothing wrong with dreaming, but we have to keep both feet on the ground as well.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
September 25, 2017, 12:08:58 PM
Just few months back they said that they just wanted their community opinion and not many people voted for this currency and now the fake news is spreading on all sites that it will start accepting bitcoins next month when they have no such plan. They just keep giving a normal automated reply when asked about bitcoins but their reply is meaningless till they don't officially announce it.
Activity: 966
Merit: 552
September 25, 2017, 11:50:14 AM
According to James Altucher, experienced trader and venture capitalist, Amazon will start accepting Bitcoin as a new method of payment as early as in October.
The rumors that Amazon is considering introducing support for bitcoin payments as soon as October arose over the weekend.
All the speculation is built on the report, which has been published by Squawker.org.
As far as this is not the first time the rumors regarding Amazon and cryptocurrency payments arise, some people argue, that the retail giant shows no interest in any additional payment methods right now. The main reason for this, according to the followers of such point of view, is that it simply doesn’t make much sense for Amazon to venture into cryptocurrency due to market’s volatility and quite a niche character of this payment method.
Activity: 308
Merit: 105
September 25, 2017, 09:33:47 AM
I think this is quite likely near future. Why not ? perhaps not directly, but with direct reference to the exchanges.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
September 25, 2017, 09:30:30 AM
If amazon will accept bitcoin then it will become a great news for the bitcoin users because amazon is one of the biggest online shop in the world and there is a lot of users of bitcoin in our world and if bitcoin will get accepted then it will attract a lot of user for bitcoin and somehow it will help the price of bitcoin to move up because of the demand.
Activity: 9
September 25, 2017, 08:25:26 AM
They got nothing to loose and much to win but it has not been officially confirmed. Maybe we will know more around October.
Activity: 45
September 25, 2017, 05:44:18 AM
no paypal , amazon  and others like government companies so will never accepte bitcoin till US government accept 
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
September 25, 2017, 05:32:03 AM

if the information comes from a reliable source, then it is good news for us users and bitcoin holders..amazon is the world's largest marketplace, it could be the best supporter of bitcoin
this is a good signal when large company join crypto world. If apple join too that will be anwsome for crypto market
Activity: 510
September 25, 2017, 05:13:23 AM

if the information comes from a reliable source, then it is good news for us users and bitcoin holders..amazon is the world's largest marketplace, it could be the best supporter of bitcoin
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
physics, mathematics and engineering
September 25, 2017, 05:13:02 AM
Well why do we need Amazon to accept bitcoin? Anyone could use bitcoin to buy off amazon for many years already! You can google "bitcoin amazon io" and you will be brought to the purse website, which has been around for the longest time allowing users to purchase amazon products using bitcoin at a discount. The only concern is the legitimacy of the funding source (whether people are using scammed amazon gift cards to buy the products on your behalf), but I think most users have had fairly decent experiences buying off them.

1. If directly bought from Amazon with BTC, fewer parties are involved, which is great. (like steam is accepting bitcoins, that is much better than me buying a gift card through some other party service, because it´s faster and more secure)
2. It is not only about the possibilities but about the PR, it would help BTC to rise

I hope Amazon will accept BTC as payment, it would help BTC a lot, but as long as they don´t say it themselves, I won´t believe it. I think the original source of this rumor is some hedge fund investor which thinks that they will accept it. Furthermore, I hope they will accept bitcoin as a payment and not create amazon coin (Be a good boy Amazon, do it like steam Cheesy)
Activity: 54
Merit: 10
September 25, 2017, 05:10:49 AM
I hope it will actually happen. thus bitcoin already has support in its use. this means bitcoin will reach the moon
Activity: 246
September 25, 2017, 05:10:35 AM
I have no idea about amazon accept Bitcoin and i could not find any right news.It is foolish to believe without any accurate news.And l also something heard google accept bitcoin but i don't believe this news without evidance.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
September 25, 2017, 05:01:36 AM
The news about Amazon accepting Bitcoin is not coming from a trusted source in my opinion. I have read that it was first mentioned on a paid newsletter but nothing came from Amazon yet. So I'll be ignoring until it is confirmed by Amazon headquarters itself.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1343
September 25, 2017, 04:47:58 AM
I cannot see Amazon or any other mainstream online
Retailer accepting Bitcoin while the price is so volatile.

The only other big name online site with links to Bitcoin
Which i can think of is ETSY but that is down to each
Seller there to accept Bitcoin payments.
Activity: 560
Merit: 112
September 25, 2017, 04:31:43 AM
Even this news is unverified and untrue but it can be soon comes to reality. If bitcoin last at high price for 10 more years. Amazon won't have any choice at that time or they would loss much of they're customer if they all used bitcoin and them not adapting such. I hope it happen much earlier for it will helped bitcoin more exposures.
Activity: 13
September 25, 2017, 04:30:01 AM
They didn't say will accept bitcoin, yet. But they will accept in the next 1-2 years, because bitcoin is making a big wave and they will not want to be outsiders.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 518
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
September 25, 2017, 04:26:32 AM
I did not hear amazon will accepted bitcoin as payment, And i think it is a rumors in the other people or ads coming up form the social media. Must better to ask about that and be secure to your bitcoin as always.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
September 25, 2017, 03:53:32 AM
Rumors and fake news will always exist. Dont believe anything unless amazon says so. Also imagine the impact it would have on the bitcoin price if it was really the case? Amazon would not be able to sell anything for less than 0.000001 bitcoin

I'm pretty sure it's fake news. The original article is basically one person's speculation. If they did accept Bitcoin, I'm sure they would need to do it through a payment processor like Bitpay. And I'm not sure that Bitpay (or the network itself) could handle the potential scale that Amazon might bring at this point. With the Lightning Network, maybe, but not right now. I've never even heard of the website that the rumor was posted on... I'd take it with a big grain of salt.
Activity: 634
Merit: 118
Bounty Hunter Indonesia
September 25, 2017, 03:52:14 AM
Nope, it's all bullshit, don't believe Amazon will accept anything until they say it themselves.
yes before any information officially this will only look like a hoax. many statements say that, but surely we will trust when there is information officially. but I am sure that we are just waiting until the time amazon can accept bitcoin as payment media in amazon website.
yup,im agree with this opinion...cause as we know amazon is one of the buying and selling sites that use digital finance that has been famous.And also there has been no official confirmation directly from amazon party about it. But I think it would be very good if amazon receive bitcoin as one of the payment of buying and selling within the site
Pages:
Jump to: