Pages:
Author

Topic: AMD Rebrand - RX570 / RX580 - Official Thread - page 6. (Read 173429 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Guys, I am struggling for two days now, maybe someone could help.

I have 6 x Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 8 GB and I am not able to use 6 of them. My bios is modded properly and they work fine if I use up to 4 cards in a rig. But once I get more than 4 cards - I have cards visibility problem.

I have tried numerous drivers options, blockchain drivers work the best, but they only get 4 cards max to work (for some reason, they work if the patch is no applied).

I have also tried configuring motherboard bios, disabled secure boot and switched PCI-E to Gen2.

Is there any possibility that my motherboard (Asus H170) is not able to take on more than 4 cards? One of the power connectors is not plugged in (Molex/M2).

Has someone else experienced this? Does this look like a purely driver issue?
Activity: 45
@greatauror28 - We appreciate your enthusiastic replies on clock speeds and voltage but can you please post your BIOS too.  That makes all the difference.  Thanks in advance.

Sorry but I did all the work myself without heeding any help from someone.

There's tons of information all over the internet and you need very basic skills to get the information what you need if you know where to look and how to look.

A great man once said "if you're good at something, never do it for free".

I guess that's clear enough.

Unreal.  Tons of people here share stuff to help each other out.  Nobody knows everything. The whole point of the board is to come together and be better than we would be individually.  If that isn’t your philosophy then why are you here? 

Your own statements in the same post are mutually exclusive too.  You say you did it all yourself. You also say the info is all over the internet.  Did you write your own BIOS editor?  Did you write your own overclocking and hardware monitoring tools?  Did you invent how to modify timings or create the base BIOS you started with?

Do as you please but don’t expect people to be impressed with you here when you are boasting of your own “success”with nothing to provide to the greater community.  If the developers of all the cryptocoin were that way none of us would have any of it.  As a developer myself I have a great deal of respect for the elite ones working in this space.  The very best are also a great deal more humble than you seem to be.  Maybe you’ll reconsider but I certainly won’t beg you or bother anymore.
Activity: 181
Merit: 101
Ethereum Miner
@greatauror28 - We appreciate your enthusiastic replies on clock speeds and voltage but can you please post your BIOS too.  That makes all the difference.  Thanks in advance.

Sorry but I did all the work myself without heeding any help from someone.

There's tons of information all over the internet and you need very basic skills to get the information what you need if you know where to look and how to look.

A great man once said "if you're good at something, never do it for free".

I guess that's clear enough.
Ethereum Miner
msi rx580, 8g, hynix. I could get about 27.5 mh/s without memory errors. How can I get ~30mh/s? Help, please!

Set your clock to 2250.  Grin

Activity: 213
Merit: 100
msi rx580, 8g, hynix. I could get about 27.5 mh/s without memory errors. How can I get ~30mh/s? Help, please!
Are you using Sapphire Nitro+ Rx580 4gb with elpida memory as well?

If yes, send me a PM we'll work something out.

Yes.  Pm sent.
Ethereum Miner
@greatauror28 - What BIOS are you using or BIOS tweaks?  What voltage and clocks?

Modded bios, custom timing strap
1150/2025/875
30.3Mh eth 750 dcr @ 145w at the wall

Can you share your BIOS?

My bios might not work directly with yours. Are you using Sapphire Nitro+ Rx580 4gb with elpida memory as well?

If yes, send me a PM we'll work something out.
Activity: 366
Merit: 250

Also stick with nvidia Wink

I wouldn't go these day for nvidia. The price hashrate ratio is way better with Radeon once again.
@greatauror28 - What BIOS are you using or BIOS tweaks?  What voltage and clocks?

1150/2025/875

Can you share your BIOS?
Ethereum Miner

1150/2025/875
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Hello there guys,
May I get a bios for XFX RX580 GTS XXX 8GB Micron and Samsung memory? I just finished my rig and as stock I'm getting ~21 mh/s per graphic and around 75c at all graphic cards,  I've copied 1750 strap to 2000 and now I'm getting ~24 but still I think this is way too low... shouldn't be ~30?

Start with using 'Polaris Bios Editor' https://github.com/jaschaknack/PolarisBiosEditor (just run the Windows *.exe) and use the 'One Click Timing Patch' this should give you a boost to your hashrate.

There are pre-configure BIOS here https://anorak.tech/t/xfx-rx-580-xxx-edition/5026

This might work too.. https://anorak.tech/t/xfx-rx-580-8gb-gtr-s-black-edition-oc-request-for-mod/5707/38

EDIT: Also try the AMD blockchain drivers, this is reported to give better Ether hashrates.
Ethereum Miner
Do all rx580 come with a 6 pin power connector, or do some require 6+2 power to run correctly?

Actually, some need both 6 and 8 pin connectors (or, as you call them, 6+2)

I have the same cards and they happily mine with only the 8-pin connector plugged.

Yes they do...I was just answering the question Cheesy

But they don’t *need* both 8 and 6 pin to run.

I guess a better statement would be “yes, most cards has an 8-pin connector but some comes with 8+6-pin. However, they don’t need both connectors to mine IF you undervolt.”

There! 😊

One of my 570 Nitro+ NEEDS 8+6, without 6 it's not stable.
With no big OC or big voltage.

What clocks do you run them at? Also what voltage?

It's just interesting that a higher, more powerful GPU that has a 225w max tdp don't need the 6-pin to run while it's younger brother that's supposed to run slower and cooler needs it.

It makes zero sense.  Grin
Activity: 661
Merit: 250
Do all rx580 come with a 6 pin power connector, or do some require 6+2 power to run correctly?

I have the same cards and they happily mine with only the 8-pin connector plugged.

I guess a better statement would be “yes, most cards has an 8-pin connector but some comes with 8+6-pin. However, they don’t need both connectors to mine IF you undervolt.”

There! 😊

One of my 570 Nitro+ NEEDS 8+6, without 6 it's not stable.
With no big OC or big voltage.
Activity: 13
Anyone think it’s possible to get the teal rx580 LE cards ... at a normal rx580 price? Or am I just dreaming lol

It was possible few months ago. I saw them go for sale on newegg for 280 USD or around there. I didnt jump on buying them though. They sold out 30mins later Cheesy

nVidia is good for the long term mining.
Activity: 19
Anyone think it’s possible to get the teal rx580 LE cards ... at a normal rx580 price? Or am I just dreaming lol

It was possible few months ago. I saw them go for sale on newegg for 280 USD or around there. I didnt jump on buying them though. They sold out 30mins later Cheesy

Ethereum Miner

You can watch the prices everyday via nowinstock.net annd who knows, you might get lucky 😉

I recently snagged eight Nitro+ 580s for only $235 each.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Activity: 574
Merit: 261

There! 😊

There is a good article on graphic cards there power connectors and power requirements, with pictures. It's a little out of date but not by much.
http://www.overclock.net/a/gpu-and-cpu-power-connections
Pages:
Jump to: