Author

Topic: Analysis - page 155. (Read 941567 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
September 02, 2015, 03:31:45 AM
Either bitcoin is an Investment commodity (the ultimate one!) that you hold and speculate on
Or internet *stable* cash money that you you keep on spending

But the latter is not synonym with moonlanding.

And thinking you can have both is ATH delusions.

I don't need to have both at the same time. Alternatingly is fine with me.

+1

it depends on internet cash money for how many users(?). if a billion people decide to use it, price has to go to the moon.

if it stays an investment commodity for a few 100k speculators, price may go to the moon.

If a billion people decided to use it for internet cash money we would need MUCH larger blocks.

I found this comment on Reddit to be quite thought provoking regarding block size. It brought a perspective i never though about.

https://np.reddit.com/r/bitcoinxt/comments/3hyb1l/it_seems_like_theres_a_nonetrivial_number_of/cuc4hj6

legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
September 01, 2015, 07:06:18 PM
Some nice move is coiling, I guess. It's flat as Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
September 01, 2015, 05:47:03 PM
Either bitcoin is an Investment commodity (the ultimate one!) that you hold and speculate on

+1

it depends on internet cash money for how many users(?). if a billion people decide to use it, price has to go to the moon.

if it stays an investment commodity for a few 100k speculators, price may go to the moon.

you have to consider the latter is so less probable tho considering bitcoin's past, but rather young (i'll concede this to you) history.. bitcoin price has mainly been driven from investors and speculators until now rather than some mass adoption or retail bs.

the point being there is no incentive to drop the first, giving up decentralization et al. just based on the hope and *ifs/may/blablabluh* to catch the second.. especially considering the high uncertainty regarding the rest of the financial world nowadays.

that's all.
legendary
Activity: 1904
September 01, 2015, 05:23:17 PM

+1

If a billion people decided to use it for internet cash money we would need MUCH larger blocks.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
September 01, 2015, 05:05:15 PM

+1

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
September 01, 2015, 10:19:48 AM

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1008
Delusional crypto obsessionist
September 01, 2015, 07:59:19 AM
For me, it looks like we are in September of 2011. Roll Eyes

For me we already surpassed December 2011.
It also rhymes with the block reward halving somewhere next year.

Basically I compare 3 day chart 2009-2012 with the weekly chart from 2012-2015.
DMI and RSI also rhymes.

If I'm wrong I'll end up being a bag holder Grin.
But boy, what a ride it was...
legendary
Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086
September 01, 2015, 07:49:32 AM
For me, it looks like we are in September of 2011. Roll Eyes
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
September 01, 2015, 04:28:00 AM
useless charts, they are even different time frame...
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
August 31, 2015, 10:13:12 PM
mt gox 2011

bitstamp 2013-2015
legendary
Activity: 1260
August 31, 2015, 03:10:18 PM
This could break up very soon, or not at all. Up to about 245$, correction, up to about 270$ and then the long downhill. At least, that's my most probable scenario...

Truly scenario ... everyone that see charts Reach your conclusion ... all people are reaching this conclusion slowly ............

conclusion of the conclusion being more downhill, people might just wanna skip the pump phase. exhaustion et al. so why not just give up?! cuz my bids are lowww.. ^^
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
August 31, 2015, 02:53:04 PM
This could break up very soon, or not at all. Up to about 245$, correction, up to about 270$ and then the long downhill. At least, that's my most probable scenario...

Truly scenario ... everyone that see charts Reach your conclusion ... all people are reaching this conclusion slowly ............
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
August 31, 2015, 02:30:24 PM
copper member
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Post your ann & bounty just contact me
August 31, 2015, 02:11:06 AM
this topic make me feel I'm back in 2013
like old topic start at 2012  Cheesy

Yet another analyst Smiley
December 16, 2012, 13:07:44
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
August 31, 2015, 01:21:57 AM
this topic make me feel I'm back in 2013
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
August 30, 2015, 05:52:13 PM
There should be soon a pump or a dump. LTC looks like a bearish pennant (BTC more like a wedge), and BTC may follow.
Regarding the bid sum / ask sum ratio, on Bitfinex, Bitstamp, BTC-E and Coinbase, it has recovered and looks bullish, but on Huobi looks bearish.
Sounds like flat to me
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
August 30, 2015, 05:52:28 AM
There should be soon a pump or a dump. LTC looks like a bearish pennant (BTC more like a wedge), and BTC may follow.
Regarding the bid sum / ask sum ratio, on Bitfinex, Bitstamp, BTC-E and Coinbase, it has recovered and looks bullish, but on Huobi looks bearish.
legendary
August 29, 2015, 04:43:41 PM
Pool operators are really miners, along with solo miners and p2pool miners. The people who sell their hashing to pool operators are just providing hashing. Correct if you are not running a node and are not receiving coin base rewards, you are just providing hashing.

Hashing is the important bit.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
August 29, 2015, 02:34:47 PM
XT nodes falling down. Looks like people started prefer bip 100 blocksize solution.

not the people.. the big miners.

Only miners count in the end. However, it is good to see that number of users running XT nodes is down under 900 and falling, now only 810 on BitNodes. Novelty wearing off perhaps. Do not discount Mike Hearn ambition though probably has a few tricks left to pull. Considering how negatively bitcoin market reacted to Bitcoin XT introduction he should pull it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but only big miners or solo miners get a say in this vote. If you mine in a pool like many people do, you are not running a full node so you don't get a vote.

Pool operators are really miners, along with solo miners and p2pool miners. The people who sell their hashing to pool operators are just providing hashing. Correct if you are not running a node and are not receiving coin base rewards, you are just providing hashing.
legendary
August 29, 2015, 02:09:48 PM
XT nodes falling down. Looks like people started prefer bip 100 blocksize solution.

not the people.. the big miners.

Only miners count in the end. However, it is good to see that number of users running XT nodes is down under 900 and falling, now only 810 on BitNodes. Novelty wearing off perhaps. Do not discount Mike Hearn ambition though probably has a few tricks left to pull. Considering how negatively bitcoin market reacted to Bitcoin XT introduction he should pull it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but only big miners or solo miners get a say in this vote. If you mine in a pool like many people do, you are not running a full node so you don't get a vote.

Small miners can change to a pool they agree with.
Jump to: