Author

Topic: Analysis - page 225. (Read 941563 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
November 15, 2014, 09:09:23 AM
My current evaluation of the market: the bulls have shown unexpected strength on the offensive, but were unable to hold the conquered ground.
This means the seller pressure is still high, as seen in red volume, and the retracements go too deep to be consistent with an incipient bull market.
However, if the bulls manage another pump to about 500$, then a double bottom at about 275$ in late December becomes possible.
ask
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
November 15, 2014, 08:08:56 AM
So I guess my question is what changed his thinking that we were in 3 last November to we might just be starting 3?

There are 5 waves in a historical cycle.
In this context, the 3 from last November would have been the 3 of 5, so now he is thinking we are in historical 2 where 1 was in November. 5 of 5 of (1) to be more precise.

Disclaimer: The preceding post is not necessarily the view of the poster.

Elliot Wave.

It's like reading books for kids on high drugs  Grin

LOL
EW mostly work in theory and hard to match in market. 100 People draw EW will have 100 different picture result

That's the problem with EW right there, there are so many different possible counts that there's always one that matches, but it's impossible to predict which count is the right one until the future actually shows us. Maybe traders with good market intuition are able to make money using EW theory, but I'd say that's because of their intuition and not because EW itself has any predictive value.

Agree. EW is just method, which work fine on paper, but reallity is completely different.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
November 15, 2014, 08:00:35 AM
So I guess my question is what changed his thinking that we were in 3 last November to we might just be starting 3?

In this context, the 3 from last November would have been the 3 of 5, so now he is thinking we are in historical 2 where 1 was in November. 5 of 5 of (1) to be more precise.

Elliot Wave.

It's like reading books for kids on high drugs  Grin

LOL
EW mostly work in theory and hard to match in market. 100 People draw EW will have 100 different picture result

That's the problem with EW right there, there are so many different possible counts that there's always one that matches, but it's impossible to predict which count is the right one until the future actually shows us. Maybe traders with good market intuition are able to make money using EW theory, but I'd say that's because of their intuition and not because EW itself has any predictive value. Perhaps EW theory should be seen as a tool to develop this market intuition. Doesn't work for everyone of course but that's why there are many different tools for many different people.
Activity: 854
Merit: 502
November 15, 2014, 01:32:23 AM

Elliot Wave.

LOL
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
November 15, 2014, 01:09:23 AM

Elliot Wave.

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
November 14, 2014, 07:56:19 PM

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
November 14, 2014, 03:09:33 PM
Right? It works until it doesn't anymore.

All I'm saying is he's a witty technical analysis genius.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
November 13, 2014, 06:02:56 PM

Historical Elliott-Wave 1 was 1163; Wave 2 completed below 300 and Wave 3 will end above 1163.

ahhhhh okay thx much clearer ^^

@seleme: Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040
November 13, 2014, 05:58:17 PM
legendary
Duelbits.com
November 13, 2014, 05:16:50 PM
If "historical 3" is hypothetically in the future then the term is counter intuitive. Historical typically refers to the past, not the future.

The "historical count" in EW is the highest level count that encompasses all of the history.

Does "all of the history" include the future?

No, but the count predicts what the future holds.  I don't know if it is right or not.  No one does.  But if we did just complete "historical 2" than "historical 3" next.

question is, have we enter historical 3.

I don't have lot of clue about EW but boy, you're running me high for The Clueless one title  Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004
November 13, 2014, 05:14:03 PM
If "historical 3" is hypothetically in the future then the term is counter intuitive. Historical typically refers to the past, not the future.

The "historical count" in EW is the highest level count that encompasses all of the history.

No, but the count predicts what the future holds.  I don't know if it is right or not.  No one does.  But if we did just complete "historical 2" than "historical 3" next.

Historical Elliott-Wave 1 was 1163; Wave 2 completed below 300 and Wave 3 will end above 1163.
legendary
Activity: 1260
November 13, 2014, 05:04:38 PM

Activity: 138
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice
November 13, 2014, 04:59:35 PM
Interesting to go back to the beginning of this thread (even on his previous one https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/yet-another-analyst-131065), see the charts masterluc posted & read his thoughts on the wave count as it played out last year. This one especially, lol:

Right? It works until it doesn't anymore.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
November 13, 2014, 04:57:53 PM
Interesting to go back to the beginning of this thread (even on his previous one https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/yet-another-analyst-131065), see the charts masterluc posted & read his thoughts on the wave count as it played out last year. This one especially, lol:
legendary
Activity: 1904
November 13, 2014, 11:26:56 AM

No, but the count predicts what the future holds.  I don't know if it is right or not.  No one does.  But if we did just complete "historical 2" than "historical 3" next.
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
November 13, 2014, 11:18:56 AM

legendary
Activity: 1904
November 13, 2014, 11:05:10 AM

Activity: 295
Merit: 250
November 13, 2014, 10:45:36 AM
Activity: 496
Merit: 500
Spanish Bitcoin trader
November 13, 2014, 10:42:13 AM
Oh my God, please make it be historical 3

i believe historical 3 must be fueled by some big bad macro news in order for it to be massively insane and reach 3-4000$.
whilst the dolla keeps on rising, i dont see it yet.
it could definitely go back to 500$ but i dont expect some major increase after that.

With bitcoin I got used to expect the unexpected.

sorry if i some how miss the nomenclature but what does "historical 3" mean?

bubble 3.
I only know Elliot Wave Theory by ear, but I know "historical 3" does not mean that. It means that "1" was the whole life of Bitcoin until $1160, "2" was the bear market we would have just finished, and there would be two more growth spurts, "3" and "5", each of which would reach ever higher prices, with a bear market in between, "4".
legendary
Duelbits.com
November 13, 2014, 10:38:54 AM
How about this? This could be pretty bearish if we break 417 down again:

Jump to: