Author

Topic: Analysis - page 250. (Read 941563 times)

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
August 16, 2014, 06:55:30 PM
Here's the support I am referring to:

How are we supposed to see any support in that picture?

Perhaps a better question would be; What is the significance of the horizontal support at ~$275? Where did it come from?
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
August 16, 2014, 06:47:33 PM

How are we supposed to see any support in that picture?
Activity: 509
Merit: 564
"In Us We Trust"
August 15, 2014, 05:22:04 PM
A massive drop here would in fact be a very massive drop to sub $300...

Activity: 239
Merit: 100
August 15, 2014, 05:06:34 PM
I would buy here at the bottom $480-$490 for the short term.
Indeed, if this level holds a while longer and MACD is allowed to cross we'll have confirmed bullish div on the hourly, which would most likely signal a spike, at least short term as you say.

But of course this is not yet certain and for all I know we could still have a last minute massive drop Smiley
"In Us We Trust"
August 15, 2014, 02:53:20 PM
I would buy here at the bottom $480-$490 for the short term.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
August 14, 2014, 10:15:18 AM
I feel 400 will be start of something not good

My personal Maya doomster (jailed in my basement) is saying something similar. When begging him to precise his prophesy he's only muttering something inarticulately. Maybe you could precise yourself. Give us some scenarios, some numbers, something that is not so murky.

Activity: 336
Merit: 260
August 14, 2014, 10:06:24 AM
$400 should be able to hold. However, the pessimistic scenario seems to be unfolding, which means we probably won't see $1000 for another 12 months.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
August 14, 2014, 09:59:15 AM
What do you mean? That 400$ won't hold in the near future?
IMO bids will pile up above the 420$ which held in May and provide support and then a small rally to 540$,
which once broken became major resistance. Breaking 420$ soon would be very bearish.
Breaking 420$ for good in a month or so would be normal for capitulation.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1013
August 14, 2014, 09:54:09 AM
I feel 400 will be start of something not good

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
August 14, 2014, 09:48:09 AM
"When others are greedy, be fearful.
When others are fearful, be greedy."
-Warren Buffet

All of this has happened before, all of it will happen again.
Activity: 538
Merit: 500
August 14, 2014, 09:42:22 AM
As a result of Bitfinex margin call cascade, ~$450 reached. Whether we go down further or not, I consider that deep enough to qualify as a "dramatic selloff" as predicted by masterluc.

Another plus point added to his already excellent record.

No no, we haven't seen the worst of it yet.

We may hang around these levels for a bit and bounce up a little even, but the worst is yet to come in the next few months...

Ok, crashing and pain, but what happens after this ends?
"In Us We Trust"
August 14, 2014, 09:21:05 AM
As a result of Bitfinex margin call cascade, ~$450 reached. Whether we go down further or not, I consider that deep enough to qualify as a "dramatic selloff" as predicted by masterluc.

No no, we haven't seen the worst of it yet.

We may hang around these levels for a bit and bounce up a little even, but the worst is yet to come in the next few months...
donator
Activity: 853
Merit: 1000
August 14, 2014, 09:18:06 AM
Bitcoin is on one step from long dramatic selloff imho.

Global stocks are about to crash. This monopoly game is almost over and all money and property will be returned back to the box.

Agreed that we're on a cusp of a big sell off.

As for a 1929/1987-style crash, however, we're not there yet. Wait for a 3-of-3, which will take some time to get to.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
August 14, 2014, 09:16:34 AM

+1

Now, if I would start to listen, and not follow my gut/greed, i might have made something of this selloff. hodling is booring!
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
August 14, 2014, 09:12:52 AM

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
August 14, 2014, 05:56:05 AM

Global stocks are about to crash. This monopoly game is almost over and all money and property will be returned back to the box.

Doom and gloom, baby. Doom and gloom.

The problem with predictions like that is they're almost impossible to falsify... "dramatic selloff" implies a real crash. A new capitulation low. Say, going back to $300, maybe even lower.

Or maybe not. Let's say price is going down another leg, hitting $500, maybe even high $400s. The prediction will "sound" right as well afterwards, or at least some will claim it does (while I would hardly call it "dramatic").

Same for the stock markets. "About to crash", or "entering a longer bear market"? The two are not the same, but a vague enough statement can afterwards be claimed to have "predicted" it.

That's pretty much it. $400s is hardly dramatic, it's just the usual up&down bitcoin volatility. Real drama starts in the low $300s and lower.... Real euphoria starts above $900, irrational exhuberance after ATM is broken.

If we break $450 I will start buying more coins Wink

Activity: 208
August 13, 2014, 10:07:03 AM
This is my analysis, the price is going down to $512 and then... it can crash or moon.

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
August 13, 2014, 07:10:11 AM
Crash, not crash, Btc will bounce back. If financial markets crack, safest place will be cash and digital currencies.
Activity: 189
August 13, 2014, 05:57:59 AM
But I disagree on one thing, It's rocket scientist, not rocker.

Says h3speros.  Smiley

You can quess who is the Hesperos that im referring to in my nick? =)
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
August 12, 2014, 04:53:46 PM

Doom and gloom, baby. Doom and gloom.

The problem with predictions like that is they're almost impossible to falsify... "dramatic selloff" implies a real crash. A new capitulation low. Say, going back to $300, maybe even lower.

Or maybe not. Let's say price is going down another leg, hitting $500, maybe even high $400s. The prediction will "sound" right as well afterwards, or at least some will claim it does (while I would hardly call it "dramatic").

Same for the stock markets. "About to crash", or "entering a longer bear market"? The two are not the same, but a vague enough statement can afterwards be claimed to have "predicted" it.

Good kings all around. Luc has been prescient several times before and we should give him props for that.

In addition, it doesn't take a rocker scientist to suggest stocks are way overbought. And it's entirely possible that if the stock market goes down I a big way that bitcoin could too - although there is no real historical precedent got this.

However, we also should consider, reading over Lucs most recent posts, that there is a certain amount of regional stress he is currently over involving where he resides. This may be causing him to have a less than well rounded and objective view of the current world financial markets.

It seems like doom and bloomers have been around forever and they, for several reasons, will always be.

These are my thoughts also about the case of lucs recent post. But I disagree on one thing, It's rocket scientist, not rocker.

Auto correct from an iPhone while on the phone is a bitch. I see about 5-6 errors in my last post at first glance. Smh.
Jump to: