Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [1080 | 1080TI] ETHlargement - The Hashrate Hardener - page 21. (Read 59500 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti Ex Edition

PL  65; Core +80 ; Mem 650-700
53 Mh (sometimes 51 & 54)
48-49 deg on MSI AB
Activity: 210
unless you are trying to ask @OhGodAGirl out on a date

She is taken already, her BF is here on forum Smiley
Activity: 420
Merit: 182
I was Trying to message OHGODAGIRL and you write the whole message and then it says your a NEWBIE and you cant send the message. So i will try and post here. Oh OHGODGIRL hello how are you can you please contact me or email. I have a question. Thanks in Advance.

Did you ever wonder why the forum defaults to blocking newbies from sending PMs? Perhaps it's because newbies have a tendency to use PMs to ask about things clearly covered in existing threads? So unless you are trying to ask @OhGodAGirl out on a date, you should probably read this thread THEN ask your question here.

Activity: 367
Merit: 34
hi guys, working this on Nvidia P102-100 GPUs, bcs i have normalny 1080ti, where i have about 54,7mhs stable, but on this mining card, i cannot do over 46,7 stable.... when i make it more, then crash, thx for help

no matter how much people say it, we still have people like this that barge in without reading anything.

THIS WILL NOT WORK ON YOUR P102/P104 MINING CARDS! YOUR CARDS ALREADY HAVE THE MODDED TIMINGS!
Activity: 1
I was Trying to message OHGODAGIRL and you write the whole message and then it says your a NEWBIE and you cant send the message. So i will try and post here. Oh OHGODGIRL hello how are you can you please contact me or email. I have a question. Thanks in Advance.
brand new
Activity: 0
hi guys, working this on Nvidia P102-100 GPUs, bcs i have normalny 1080ti, where i have about 54,7mhs stable, but on this mining card, i cannot do over 46,7 stable.... when i make it more, then crash, thx for help
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Yeah !

great job with 3x 1080ti
ETH: GPU0 53.788 Mh/s, GPU1 53.041 Mh/s, GPU2 54.494 Mh/s

Activity: 141
I've read through the thread (though I admit not every bit of it) and I'm very surprised to see nobody has been concerned about whether this executable does any funky things like ever connect to the Internet at any point, read any files off disk, etc? Has anyone monitored it (long enough) for any of those things?

Looks nice, but all of a sudden someone anonymous just deciding to help everyone by providing a closed source executable should normally raise just a healthy dose of suspicion.
Multiple users have confirmed the process is accessing two IPs (2.21.242.213/2.21.242.237) over encrypted connection. Not sure why this is necessary.

Neither do I. The security concerns raised in this thread of using a seemingly random, closed-source binary which calls back to Akamai servers over an encrypted channel are legitimate. Until an explanation is provided by the developers for the usage of these two IPs, you can temporarily block your system(s) from reaching them by using the following:

Windows (as Administrator):
Code:
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="ETHlargement Callback" interface=any dir=out action=block remoteip=2.21.242.213
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="ETHlargement Callback" interface=any dir=out action=block remoteip=2.21.242.237

Linux (as root):
Code:
iptables -A OUTPUT -d 2.21.242.213 -j DROP
iptables -A OUTPUT -d 2.21.242.237 -j DROP

As far as I can tell, it has zero impact on the efficacy of the application nor the final hash rate.
I've read through the thread (though I admit not every bit of it) and I'm very surprised to see nobody has been concerned about whether this executable does any funky things like ever connect to the Internet at any point, read any files off disk, etc? Has anyone monitored it (long enough) for any of those things?

Looks nice, but all of a sudden someone anonymous just deciding to help everyone by providing a closed source executable should normally raise just a healthy dose of suspicion.
Multiple users have confirmed the process is accessing two IPs (2.21.242.213/2.21.242.237) over encrypted connection. Not sure why this is necessary.

Neither do I. The security concerns raised in this thread of using a seemingly random, closed-source binary which calls back to Akamai servers over an encrypted channel are legitimate. Until an explanation is provided by the developers for the usage of these two IPs, you can temporarily block your system(s) from reaching them by using the following:

Code:
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="ETHlargement Callback" interface=any dir=out action=block remoteip=2.21.242.213
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="ETHlargement Callback" interface=any dir=out action=block remoteip=2.21.242.237

Linux (as root):
Code:

As far as I can tell, it has zero impact on the efficacy of the application nor the final hash rate.

This will be useless if in code dev is using fdqn as target address, but anyway what kind of concerns might be with traffic? Yes, probably it is good to know what dev sending back to their servers, but I personally don’t care, as I have nothing saved on rigs, execpt OS and miners.
Activity: 3

Code:

Linux (as root):
Code:

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
EVGA 1080TI Water Kingpin

Mem: +750
Core: +0

Claymore 10,3

Hashrate 53-54

Windows 10, powlim 70
Activity: 419
Merit: 250
EVGA 1080 TI SC2

Core: -150
Mem: +1000

Claymore 11.6

Hashrate 54.6-56.9

Thanks!!!

Edit: Windows 10, powlim 100
Activity: 349
Merit: 102

You really did skim read it in that case. A shitton of people shared your concerns. In fact there were so many negative, sceptical reactions that OhGodACompany have chosen to make any future versions devfee rather than free. (Thanks for that, you know who you are)

I'd advise watching this interview with @OhGodAGirl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLTRYp_kCYg and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuBX2gEthVU

My TLDW; if the devs wanted to fuck you over why would they clearly identify themselves, openly interact with the community, and  invite security vetting? There would be much easier (and more rewarding) ways to completely destroy their professional reputations.

Thanks for those links. She seems cool. I read the first 3 pages of posts of this thread (no concerns expressed there) and skim-read the rest.

So what's the dev fee for the -r2 version tha is now available?

No worries, some of that 'shit-ton' may have been from reddit, youtube and github…

No dev fee on the current version. But they have said new versions (hopefully for all nvidia cards) will have a dev fee. OhGodACompany are flat out finishing a miner (due May 25) so it could possibly be integrated into that.
Activity: 297

You really did skim read it in that case. A shitton of people shared your concerns. In fact there were so many negative, sceptical reactions that OhGodACompany have chosen to make any future versions devfee rather than free. (Thanks for that, you know who you are)

I'd advise watching this interview with @OhGodAGirl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLTRYp_kCYg and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuBX2gEthVU

My TLDW; if the devs wanted to fuck you over why would they clearly identify themselves, openly interact with the community, and  invite security vetting? There would be much easier (and more rewarding) ways to completely destroy their professional reputations.

Thanks for those links. She seems cool. I read the first 3 pages of posts of this thread (no concerns expressed there) and skim-read the rest.

So what's the dev fee for the -r2 version tha is now available?
Activity: 27

I heard ver said it is killing babies

Poor Rog Cry
legendary
Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

I heard ver said it is killing babies

Activity: 297

Activity: 406
It doesn't change anything on my 1080Ti. I have it with 1060, so I use --revA 0 (the 1080Ti is GPU0). I launch the tool before miner, pause 3 sec and launch claymore (or ethminer) : always 37MH/s  Undecided
if i got it right, -revA need to use in case of 1080 with old memory or smth like that.
try both ways.
1080 ti should work fine without revA

my 1080 works only with revA
my 1080 ti works without revA

Tried without --revA, same result. Works! Thanks!
Activity: 213
The only thing is when if Rig went "dead" I cannot do the bat file for start up to auto start..

Same with me...
Pages:
Jump to: