Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] 1GH.COM - HVC / MAX / MMC / PTS / VIA Anonymous Pool ★ - page 12. (Read 75161 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
New cgminer.exe is failing with "cgminer.exe is not a valid win32 application".
This is embarassing, the file got currupted during copy. Please redownload.

Redownloaded, now getting "Access is denied" when executing. Beta is still working fine and I ran from administrative command prompt.
Must be the old one cached somewhere, I have tested that current download works. Renamed the file just in case.

Really odd, working fine on my windows 8.1 miners, but not the windows 7; Rename still did not fix.

Appreciate your hard work!
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Redownloaded, now getting "Access is denied" when executing. Beta is still working fine and I ran from administrative command prompt.
Must be the old one cached somewhere, I have tested that current download works. Renamed the file just in case.

Heavycoin cgminer is now released on http://hvc.1gh.com. All beta users are advised to upgrade, release version has improved stability and performance.

Unfortunately this version is not working.

Fail to init GPU thread 0. Disable device 0  Error -11. Compilation fail.

I have tryed with all R9 cards ( 270,280x,290 ) none of them work.
An update to address this in underway, github source is already updated.
Activity: 419
Heavycoin cgminer is now released on http://hvc.1gh.com. All beta users are advised to upgrade, release version has improved stability and performance.

Unfortunately this version is not working.

Fail to init GPU thread 0. Disable device 0  Error -11. Compilation fail.

I have tryed with all R9 cards ( 270,280x,290 ) none of them work.
Ok im try on ATI 5770 and dont work .

Im use --heavy --vote 512 -o stratum+tcp://hvcpool.1gh.com:5333 -u WALLET -p x .

The miner is beta and WIP, it does not work on anything but GCN cards yet, give it up.

I've compiled on Mac (6770HD) with the same result. Sad

Also I cannot seem to get even --skein working. Always getting "Pool 0 JSON stratum auth failed: (unknown reason)". Any ideas why?
The released version on hvc.1gh.com hopefully supports VLIW cards (at least compiler does not crash anymore). Please upgrade.

For skein, you were probably using the wrong pool, I have tested that it works on skc.coinmine.pl
Activity: 434
I have great quantity of Unconfirmed HVC , Why ? .
Blocks you have mined them in have not matured yet and cannot be spent by the pool to pay you. In HVC it takes 100 subsequent blocks for a block to mature, it takes cca 3.5 hours on average.
Activity: 434
I have great quantity of Unconfirmed HVC , Why ? .

Im use --heavy --vote 512 -o stratum+tcp://hvcpool.1gh.com:5333 -u WALLET -p x .

The miner is beta and WIP, it does not work on anything but GCN cards yet, give it up.

Also I cannot seem to get even --skein working. Always getting "Pool 0 JSON stratum auth failed: (unknown reason)". Any ideas why?
6770 is not GCN too, only 7xxx and R9 series are. However, release version will support older cards too.
Activity: 21

How can I check the temp and the fan for this miner ?.

Edit: I am using ubuntu.

You have to compile with the AMD ADL includes.

/cgminer_skein/ADL_SDK/adl_defines.h
/cgminer_skein/ADL_SDK/adl_sdk.h
/cgminer_skein/ADL_SDK/adl_structures.h

These can be found in this

http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/display-library-adl-sdk/

I have them, for some reason they just don't appear, I started the miner from ssh and it seems that might be the problem according to other posts going to check this evening, after I am back from work

Thanks for the help.

For that you need to set DISPLAY variable, 'export DISPLAY=:0' before running cgminer over ssh.

That kind of did the trick, but I have another problem now.
I have 2 cards in this rig, on GPU 0 there is a 5850 and is the one connected to the monitor usually turned off. The GPU 1 is the R9 280X that I am using for mining HVC, this is how I run the program:

./cgminer -I 6 -g 2 -w 256 --heavy --vote 1024 --gpu-engine=1050 --gpu-memclock=1500 -d1 --remove-disabled -o stratum+tcp://hvcpool.1gh.com:5333 -u ADDRESS -p x --auto-fan --gpu-powertune=20

it works quite well, I got around 6Mh/s and I am able to mine something else with the 5850, but after setting the variable DISPLAY=:0, it looks like the 5850 it is also working (or at least thats what the fan is indicating) and do not know what is doing. (also tried with =:0.1 no difference and =1 gives an error) and the Hashrate went down a little bit to ~5.8.

I will not use the variable, and will trust that the auto-fan will work as expected, it looks like there is not much stress in the card since it is quite silent which is good I guess (but it could also mean that the miner is not properly optimized and it could run much faster Tongue).

Cheers! and keep the good work.
P.S. I found a block today xD.
The algorithm itself is designed to make some GPU threads idling at any time, it is not only the miner issue. And grats on the block Smiley
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/display-library-adl-sdk/

I have them, for some reason they just don't appear, I started the miner from ssh and it seems that might be the problem according to other posts going to check this evening, after I am back from work

Thanks for the help.

For that you need to set DISPLAY variable, 'export DISPLAY=:0' before running cgminer over ssh.

That kind of did the trick, but I have another problem now.
I have 2 cards in this rig, on GPU 0 there is a 5850 and is the one connected to the monitor usually turned off. The GPU 1 is the R9 280X that I am using for mining HVC, this is how I run the program:

Code:
./cgminer -I 6 -g 2 -w 256 --heavy --vote 1024 --gpu-engine=1050 --gpu-memclock=1500 -d1 --remove-disabled 
-o stratum+tcp://hvcpool.1gh.com:5333 -u ADDRESS -p x --auto-fan --gpu-powertune=20
it works quite well, I got around 6Mh/s and I am able to mine something else with the 5850, but after setting the variable DISPLAY=:0, it looks like the 5850 it is also working (or at least thats what the fan is indicating) and do not know what is doing. (also tried with =:0.1 no difference and =1 gives an error) and the Hashrate went down a little bit to ~5.8.

I will not use the variable, and will trust that the auto-fan will work as expected, it looks like there is not much stress in the card since it is quite silent which is good I guess (but it could also mean that the miner is not properly optimized and it could run much faster Tongue).

Cheers! and keep the good work.
P.S. I found a block today xD.

Thanks for the help.

Activity: 56
Those of us who are GPU mining HVC with cgminer-heavy should all post a reply with our current mining settings (graphics card model AND cgminer-heavy .bat file command AND overclock settings for GPU Core and Memory clocks) and also list your hashrate obtained by these settings.

This will help everyone out, so I will happily start,

- Using cgminer-heavy from user reorder's post:

I have built an 'official' binary of beta, available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dh66v8mgwuu2yv1/cgminer-heavy.zip

- Running one R9 280X; Overclock is Core: 1125 mhz, Memory: 1500mhz, Power Limit = +20%, Core voltage is at stock 1219 mV

- My .bat contains:

cgminer.exe --heavy --vote 512 -o stratum+tcp://hvcpool.1gh.com:5333 -u MyHeavycoinAddress -p x -I 3 -w 128

- Hashrate reported by cgminer: 5.912 Mh/s
  Hashrate reported by hvc.1gh.com (after 36 minutes of mining with these settings): 6.173 Mh/s

I think I will try -w 256 next but I am really liking 128 now
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Thanks for the help.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist

Pages:
Jump to: