Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [2GIVE] / New Mobile Wallet Available from SATOWALLET.COM - page 16. (Read 99005 times)

Activity: 548
Merit: 501
I'm currently using letsencrypt SSL cert, it's free  Grin
or you can get AlphaSSL wildcard ssl for free here: https://assl.loovit.net/
cloudflare also offer free SSL cert.
legendary
Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004
dvd, ssl cert for 2give.info expired, I just notice that when clicking your signature.

Yes I know -- was looking at startcom but they seem to have fallen out of favor.  All info is public so I may just disable until we finish rebranding unless you have another recommend for a cert provider?

-dvd
dvd, ssl cert for 2give.info expired, I just notice that when clicking your signature.
Activity: 614
Merit: 506
Applications
Looking for some testers....

http://2give.info/download/2GiveCoin-Qt5-RC6.2.dmg

This is a fresh 64bit of the wallet on a modern Mac OS X and includes updated toolchain including Qt 5.7 !!

-dvd

The Windows RC 6.2 tested good, but am unable to test a Mac O.S. (should really get one to test with in the near future) & wonder if there would be a Linux compile for the top distributions of Linux (.deb & or .rpm {if}) possible in the near future. The Android x86 6.0-r3 was just released also, but haven't tested it yet & have only tested the 4.4-r4 ISO build. I don't have an IOS phone either to test with, but am sure that there will be many Apple testers in the forums or via social media to test it on that platform & or send GIVE or GIFT to ISO user then ask them if the app worked good.
legendary
Looking for some testers....

http://2give.info/download/2GiveCoin-Qt5-RC6.2.dmg

This is a fresh 64bit of the wallet on a modern Mac OS X and includes updated toolchain including Qt 5.7 !!

-dvd
legendary
Sir, you can think of a project to activate 2Give masternodes, you can take 2Give the moon.

I don't believe we need masternodes I believe we need mobile wallets and kiosks that can accept and redeem GIFT*CARDS.

When stakeholders bring other people into our economy we all benefit from the additional transactions that redistribute the coins through the 1% TXFEE and people who have coins on their desktop wallets that are open and running that are staking do more to help secure the network.

The next planned phase is going to layer in the Proof of Giving (POG) blocks which will allow individuals the ability to automatically share their POS rewards with a list of recipients.  This means that when you stake interest, that interest can be split up and sent to charities automatically.  The goal is to make those sends essentially "free" because they are being folded into the POS block.

After that we will be working on Digital Notary services to begin building out a model Web of Trust as envisioned in http://bit.ly/idcoins.

The last goal for this year is to put VOTING onto the chain so that we can then let the stakeholders decide it's future.

That should conclude the planned roadmap for Version 2.x

It's Better 2GIVE :-)

-dvd
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Sir, you can think of a project to activate 2Give masternodes, you can take 2Give the moon.
legendary
Release Candidate 6.2 for both Mac and Windows has been released.

This point release includes a fix to the DNS for the API server that supplies the address balances for the GIFT* cards.

It also contains an updated checkpoint -- it is by no means complete but it will suffice now that the seed nodes are periodically being leveraged to checkpoint the chain.

The 7x branch is being started soon and will contain some updates to the staking (minimums), updated checkpointing, the first "Proof of Giving" blocks that split up a POS block into a combo POS plus multi-send to share addresses.

And other enhancements!

-dvd
legendary
I've pushed up code to fix the URL issue with API pulling the wallet balances and dropped a recent checkpoint in -- will be filling it in shortly once I get some code finished to scan the chain and select candidate checkpoints automatically.

New wallets coming soon!

-dvd

Nice!  Will the advanced coin control be working properly with the new release?  I would be nice to split up a few blocks to try to get the chain running more evenly.

I've been thinking about the cadence of the chain -- the original seeding "air-drop" we did was intended to create a smooth and regular block emit of about 5 minutes -- obviously not everyone is holding and staking.

I'm not a fan of splitting for staking purposes since it tends to junk up the chain -- we already have a ton of little blocks that are sub 1 whole coin that I have been thinking should be disbarred from staking -- like a minimum 1 COIN threshold vs the NONCENTS.

I think I'd like to do a study that examines the overall cadence for the last year now set up the seed nodes to bounce blocks between them again and turn them back on for staking in order to "fill in" the gaps.

Having a predictable emit/confirm time is going to be more important for us once we release the mobile wallet -- details forthcoming, but the quick note is that I met with an IOS dev this am and we're going take a stab and recompiling the opensource "Doughwallet" reconfigured for the 2GIVE network.

Thanks for your ongoing support!

-dvd
Activity: 371
Merit: 250
I've pushed up code to fix the URL issue with API pulling the wallet balances and dropped a recent checkpoint in -- will be filling it in shortly once I get some code finished to scan the chain and select candidate checkpoints automatically.

New wallets coming soon!

-dvd

Nice!  Will the advanced coin control be working properly with the new release?  I would be nice to split up a few blocks to try to get the chain running more evenly.
legendary

New wallets coming soon!

-dvd
legendary
btw, block explorer hosting at cryptoid will be expired in 24 days  Grin

Then I have 23 days, 23 hours and 59 minutes to renew ;-)
btw, block explorer hosting at cryptoid will be expired in 24 days  Grin
legendary
Hi all,

I've just joined this forum, I've been investing in may alt coins for the last year or so, including to 2give. I have just started using slack and would kindly ask if someone could invite me to the group? I'd like to follow the development and community.

Cheers,

Any chance of an invite from anyone?

It's pretty quiet in the slack atm, but if you send me a PM I'll invite you

-dvd
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hi all,

I've just joined this forum, I've been investing in may alt coins for the last year or so, including to 2give. I have just started using slack and would kindly ask if someone could invite me to the group? I'd like to follow the development and community.

Cheers,

Any chance of an invite from anyone?
legendary
I've confirmed that the seed nodes are fully in sync and we did a manual checkpoint at:

{
"synccheckpoint" : "000003e1c27946ac57fde950bfde6fa890f8c132824770eff1e26724b940cbe1",
"height" : 49208,
"timestamp" : "2017-04-29 18:46:17 UTC"
}

If you end up getting stuck synchronizing, you can always delete blk00001.dat, blkindex.dat and the file in database/ directory, then configure your wallet to only connect to our seed node to pull down the chain

listen=0
connect=192.169.7.65

I've made a note to go in and review the checkpointing code -- I don't think its reasonable to have it checkpointing every block that gets provisionally confirmed -- makes more sense to have it do so every 4,8,16 or 32 blocks just to make sure we allow for network consensus.

I've long thought that bootstrapping a wallet was inefficient one block at a time -- it makes more sense to do a RSYNC like whole file pull from trusted sources.   I'll add that to the list for this summers enhancements.

Thanks for your continued support <3

-dvd
legendary

If you do a getinfo what is the block count?

My wallet is out of sync. Restart doesnt help. How fix that?

1. backup your wallet

2. you can safely delete

blk0001.dat
blkindex.dat

and the file(s) in subdirectory "database"

3. restart wallet to sync the chain

-dvd

I did that and it fixed maybe for 2 hours. And again its syncing and not any stake or rewards comes. Simple said its stuck.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
My wallet is out of sync. Restart doesnt help. How fix that?

1. backup your wallet

2. you can safely delete

blk0001.dat
blkindex.dat

and the file(s) in subdirectory "database"

3. restart wallet to sync the chain

-dvd

I did that and it fixed maybe for 2 hours. And again its syncing and not any stake or rewards comes. Simple said its stuck.
legendary
HMMM....the seed nodes look normal but

"blocks" : 49165,

but, i'm showing ORPHAN and rejects in our logs and I see the block explorers at block height 49,177

We'll put out update for the hard checkpoints and update the DNS entry this weekend.

-dvd

3 of my 2Give node stuck on block 49151, getinfo displayed this warning:
Code:
"errors" : "WARNING: Invalid checkpoint found! Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or notify developers."
3 of my 2Give node stuck on block 49151, getinfo displayed this warning:
Code:
"errors" : "WARNING: Invalid checkpoint found! Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or notify developers."

Update:
Bittrex wallet also showing some weird status
Pages:
Jump to: