Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [2GIVE] / New Mobile Wallet Available from SATOWALLET.COM - page 12. (Read 99005 times)

legendary
Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004
It's not real news.

I am the primary human behind the project and we are absolutely maintaining and expanding the coinbase.  We have been silently working on the implementation of our "Proof of Giving" (POG) code now since announced last year.

The system basically allows a POS holder the ability to designate a percentage of their interest to be donated to approved charities and causes.

We are also continuing to work to remove the BDB system and use a pure SQLITE engine for block indexing -- we already have it implemented for the contact list and the GIFT card registry.

Work has stalled on migrating the doabitofgood.com site over into 2give.info -- but that will get picked up in 2018.

We are continuing our research on the best method to implement a "digital notary" feature that would allow 2GIVE holders the ability to take official credit for their Give* addresses but also build out a reputation system based on a "web of trust" model as envisioned in http://bit.ly/idcoins

ALL of this work is an important part of Strength in Numbers mission and is now being supported commercially by Silicon Prairie Online (https://sppx.io)

I know that everything in "internet time" seems hyper compressed, so I do apologize for the delays in updates.  I have always been a fan of "under promising and over delivering" as well as "doing it right not over"

It was a lot easier to tinker with the chain when no one cared about it and it had a market cap of under $100K

Now we must be more thoughtful and careful about the changes we implement.

-dvd

Apparently, a coin calendar posted a snapshot of a 2givecoin tweet that said that an important event is to happen tomorrow.  I can find nothing else anywhere -- searched Twitter, FB, their site, 4chan, telegram, discord looking for pump info.  So far, I've found nothing else.  Notice the volume, which is usually ranging between 3 and 7 BTC and is now at 215 BTC.  Amazing that so many know about this and yet... I can find zip other than that calendar.  Have you learned anything more? I out of it right now as I'm fearful a lot of people are going to be holding expensive coins.  I'll change my mind if I learn of something behind this event ..
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Apparently, a coin calendar posted a snapshot of a 2givecoin tweet that said that an important event is to happen tomorrow.  I can find nothing else anywhere -- searched Twitter, FB, their site, 4chan, telegram, discord looking for pump info.  So far, I've found nothing else.  Notice the volume, which is usually ranging between 3 and 7 BTC and is now at 215 BTC.  Amazing that so many know about this and yet... I can find zip other than that calendar.  Have you learned anything more? I out of it right now as I'm fearful a lot of people are going to be holding expensive coins.  I'll change my mind if I learn of something behind this event ..
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Today I have noticed it's increased more than 100%, is there any reason behind this increase?

Any positive news expecting for 2GIVE, appreciate if someone can share the feedback.
Activity: 204
Did someone try and submit a bad block about 5 hours go?  It crashed the wallet.
Activity: 12
This project looks dead -- reviewed the github, reddit, twitter -- no humans doing things.  Anyone know anything different?
Activity: 32
I would love to see a new record of 250 Satoshi. Come on 2give.
no mining pool ? or just can mine with wallet ?

activate mining the wallet, only wallet cpu mining and not each block is Pow, most blocks are Pos, you only earn the Transaction fees. but still can bit good amounts of coins!

Believe that prohashing has a 2give option
Ok that wasn't a good explanation.
Let's say John doe sends 1000 2give to Jane doe the tx fee is 1%. So the block reward for that block is now 100 2give. Let's say there is 100 nodes open all 100 will be competing for that and if YOUR wallet processes that block you get the 100. A faster PC or processor doesn't give you any advantages with this coin and there is no set block reward.
It's not like ordinary mining where you get so many khs/mhs/ghs it's random and your in competition with everyone else who has an open wallet. Doesn't matter how many cores you have or anything like that. It is completely random. If you have your wallet locked make sure you unlock it or you won't get anything. And from looking at the block explorer pow has gone down significantly.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035
i have no POW rewards for few month on my 16 core CPU
maybe i use wrong version of wallet ? which is actual ?
Activity: 107
Merit: 10

activate mining the wallet, only wallet cpu mining and not each block is Pow, most blocks are Pos, you only earn the Transaction fees. but still can bit good amounts of coins!
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
ॐ http://goaco.in ॐ
legendary
Development is on-going and continuous...

The multi-year roadmap includes a digital notary component next to help test web-of-trust ideas in http://bit.ly/idcoins

-dvd

so whats the timeline, when the process will start and when it will end.
Activity: 154
My only comment on price is always this:

"The worth of a thing is the price it will bring."

Current changes include the new logo, rebranding of the "Recieve" button to "Get" and the "Share" button to "Grant" to match our "Give-Get-Gift-Grant" and testing the "Proof of Giving" (PoG) code that will allow any stakeholder to donate a percentage of their POS interest to approved charities.

Once vetted we'll reboot the doabitofgood.com website and merge it with 2give.info to start onboarding more causes as well as begin building out the community beyond this message thread on bitcointalk.org -- including holding contests and a small marketplace for exchanging 2GIVE for items created by members.

-dvd

SO what are the latest updates and will it reach $0.03

so whats the timeline, when the process will start and when it will end.
legendary
My only comment on price is always this:

"The worth of a thing is the price it will bring."

Current changes include the new logo, rebranding of the "Recieve" button to "Get" and the "Share" button to "Grant" to match our "Give-Get-Gift-Grant" and testing the "Proof of Giving" (PoG) code that will allow any stakeholder to donate a percentage of their POS interest to approved charities.

Once vetted we'll reboot the doabitofgood.com website and merge it with 2give.info to start onboarding more causes as well as begin building out the community beyond this message thread on bitcointalk.org -- including holding contests and a small marketplace for exchanging 2GIVE for items created by members.

-dvd

Activity: 154
legendary
Good questions.

The primary "goal" of 2GIVE is to be a social tipping/sharing platform.  And easy intro to crypto.

Our "proof of giving" system (next release) will put charitable giving on auto-pilot by allowing a stakeholder the option to share or "grant" a percentage of their POS rewards to designated approved addresses.

We are planning to make a "one-click" cashout option that would link the wallet to both Bittrex and to Bitpay through API keys so that ANYONE could convert their 2GIVE into fiat with a push of a button!

More announcements soon!

-dvd

Question regarding 2GIVE.

First, my apologies for maybe posting this in the wrong location. But my question is this...

As I understand 2GIVE, its focus is to be used for people to donate "money" to their favorite causes/charities. However, if I were to donate 1,000,000 2GIVE coins to my favorite cause the only way for them to use them for their expenses/operations/whatever would be to either sell them for $$$ or convert them to Bitcoin or some other more recognized crypto. So the "run up" from me, and everyone else, purchasing 2GIVE coins would (it seems) be negated by the charities selling them back into the market.

Am I missing something here, or does this seem almost impossible to see any significant appreciation in value (other than the appreciation to date which I would most like attribute to the easy doubling of a low number). I don't see this going from the current $0.006 to $1, let alone $10 or $100, but I HOPE that I am wrong as I think this is a good idea.

Activity: 180
https://twitter.com/3Hiyatus
Hi everyone

Does the coin number have a hard cap or is the supply infinite?
Also is this pure POS now? What is the block time?
(sorry but i wasn't able to find it in the OP)

Thank you
Activity: 1
Question regarding 2GIVE.

First, my apologies for maybe posting this in the wrong location. But my question is this...

As I understand 2GIVE, its focus is to be used for people to donate "money" to their favorite causes/charities. However, if I were to donate 1,000,000 2GIVE coins to my favorite cause the only way for them to use them for their expenses/operations/whatever would be to either sell them for $$$ or convert them to Bitcoin or some other more recognized crypto. So the "run up" from me, and everyone else, purchasing 2GIVE coins would (it seems) be negated by the charities selling them back into the market.

Am I missing something here, or does this seem almost impossible to see any significant appreciation in value (other than the appreciation to date which I would most like attribute to the easy doubling of a low number). I don't see this going from the current $0.006 to $1, let alone $10 or $100, but I HOPE that I am wrong as I think this is a good idea.
Activity: 107
Ok Thanks,

Roughly how long are you finding it takes to get a block?
Is there anything you can do to increase your chances?

J

I have no numbers. But with 10 open wallets (on 10 different computers) you have 10 times the chance to find a block for example.
Pages:
Jump to: