Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [2GIVE] / New Mobile Wallet Available from SATOWALLET.COM - page 40. (Read 99012 times)

legendary
Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004

You'll also notice the result of a VERY strategic decision on our part to rebrand Givecoin 2.0 to 2GIVE ;-)

-dvd
legendary

I have 0 connections. Do you have any addnodes?

It's times like this I wish BITTREX supported the cryptocoins that they list. I would love them to share their addnode. I would love it even more if they let me sweep my paper wallets/.dat file private keys into my BITTREX account.

I hope you're talking about V1 -- since V2 has seed nodes...
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1001
addnode=204.246.68.172
legendary
Activity: 1190

I have 0 connections. Do you have any addnodes?

It's times like this I wish BITTREX supported the cryptocoins that they list. I would love them to share their addnode. I would love it even more if they let me sweep my paper wallets/.dat file private keys into my BITTREX account.

legendary

How can I move my coins to bittrex?

Well..that's a good question -- since I'm not entirely sure how you produced a paper wallet with V1 -- however if it were me, I would fire up V1 wallet, let it sync and then go to the console or command line and import the private key of the paper wallet and -rescan to find your coins.

THEN I'd open an account at Bittrex and move my coins there -- afterwhich you can safely delete the V1 wallet.

-dvd

Oh I see. bittrex is allowing deposits from V1 right now. I will do it the same way as you explained. This looks good. Thanks for all the hard work and getting this great idea for a coin back on track

Do you have a link to the source code for V1 for me to install on ubuntu?

You're very welcome!

As far as I know the code on my GitHub should work for V1 or V2

https://github.com/LittleDuke/

If you have any problems let me know?  We also use Ubuntu and could make a tar.gz of the last viable source tree for you!

-dvd
legendary

Well..that's a good question -- since I'm not entirely sure how you produced a paper wallet with V1 -- however if it were me, I would fire up V1 wallet, let it sync and then go to the console or command line and import the private key of the paper wallet and -rescan to find your coins.

THEN I'd open an account at Bittrex and move my coins there -- afterwhich you can safely delete the V1 wallet.

-dvd

Oh I see. bittrex is allowing deposits from V1 right now. I will do it the same way as you explained. This looks good. Thanks for all the hard work and getting this great idea for a coin back on track

Do you have a link to the source code for V1 for me to install on ubuntu?

legendary

-dvd
legendary

legendary

I have my coins in paper wallets. Will I have to send them over to bittrex by a certain date? What happens to the other people who aren't paying attention, do they get their coins voided?

There should be a built in way for me to convert my coins in the actual wallet. Well they should convert automatically but you want to do force everyone to have a vanity address which prevents an auto coin swap.

Yes you'll have to get them moved to a Bittrex account -- we have tentatively agreed to do the swap on May 4th.

As for the others?  Considering that we have been socializing out a swap now for well over six months and the fact that Bittrex ended trading on Dec 30th -- we have to assume that anyone not paying attention has already assigned a value of ZERO to their coins and have written them off.

For what it's worth, we have a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) in place that precludes Strength in Numbers from "trading" in 2GIVE (at the advice of our attorney's) -- so post swap on Bittrex the only way anyone is going to trade V1 is by convincing some other exchange to do it for them -- since we will EOL all support and interest in the chain.

One of the side benefits we believe of 2GIVE is that we will ask any exchange to disable "staking" which should encourage stakeholders to keep fewer coins outside of their wallets to help limit the damage from theft.

To offset this we are planning on adding "Exchange" support inside the wallet that would leverage API keys to facilitate easier conversion within the system.

There is a LOT more that is planned and unlike most of the other "brand coins" -- we have the backing and talent to make it happen.

I hope you'll join us as a stakeholder in 2GIVE

NOW to answer your new question -- 2GIVE is based on PPCOIN which is a different blockchain than BLACKCOIN which is what the original Givecoin was forked from -- combined with the fact that the X11 and Kimoto Gravity Well implementation essentially not only added NO VALUE or security -- it actually BROKE the chain at times causing it to seize up for days.

We spent nearly 6 months trying to bolt POS onto it with little to show for it.

What we are doing is no different than a "stock swap" -- trust me you don't want to keep using the shitty wallet and we see no reason to carry forward all that dead weight.

-dvd
legendary

I have my coins in paper wallets. Will I have to send them over to bittrex by a certain date? What happens to the other people who aren't paying attention, do they get their coins voided?

There should be a built in way for me to convert my coins in the actual wallet. Well they should convert automatically but you want to do force everyone to have a vanity address which prevents an auto coin swap.

legendary

legendary

LOL 6'2" about a 175lbs these days :p

Just trying to leave the campsite better than I found it...

-dvd
legendary
VIRUS TOTAL SCAN RESULTS
https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/5fbf9cb0bced34c994cc8d831a6c8dd1e3c5e82629c958adcdb166501a18c8ea/analysis/

NOTE: Microsoft Security Essentials A/V might give a false positive on the .ZIP -- you can get the .EXE without a message here

http://2give.info/download/2GiveCoin-qt.exe

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1001
wallet downloaded Smiley Now we are waiting for the start date for bittrex  Cheesy
legendary
This is it! Release Candidate One (RC1) have been pushed to the main website Download link for both Mac & Windows:

http://2give.info/#download

If you have previously participated in the beta program you'll need to delete the old data:

WINDOWS
C:\Users\"YOUR USERNAME"\AppData\Roaming\2GiveCoin

MAC OS X
/Users/"YOUR USERNAME"/Library/Application Support/2GiveCoin

There are a few minor cosmetic changes that we plan to make in the coming weeks, namely the icons and changing the GIVE moniker to 2GIVE for the currency.

In addition to the rewards planned for the multi-sends to Bittrex -- where everyone will have a chance to compete for the 1% of the Million coin blocks, we will be doing an "air drop" over the next month sending coins among the seed nodes with EXTRA rewards in the TXFEEs above and beyond the 1%.
legendary
The website has been updated and the main site is bring branded as http://2GIVE.INFO

The beta testing period is over and wallets no longer connect to the seed node network.

The first 500 blocks have been mined according to the plan disclosed in http://bit.ly/2GiveCoin.  The coins are held in a globally distributed seed node network that generated the coins using special vanity "GiveCoin*" addresses.

Bittrex is almost ready to facilitate the exchange from V1 to V2.  Dates and times to be announced soon.

-dvd
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
GivehrcB4M7MYrYw1HHPwuMMRCz2gGNsGq
legendary
GivehrcB4M7MYrYw1HHPwuMMRCz2gGNsGq

Thanks for helping us beta test 2Give!   Feel free to give us any early feedback positive or negative :-)

tx: fcc543b7e5a2d992f4b83137adaf614bc365b9d2988ae40f36c8b04c7ff5e41d

Beta Block: http://xtc.inter.com:2751/block/00000b68a55babf79a420e5274589014426919a8a86e7bfa64a2baa0d7a3527d

The best way to test it is to get a friend to join and send some coins back and forth.

The QR-Code support is coming under a new "Gift" option that is mean to help create a new social-tipping system based on 2GIVE.

We have also engaged an Apple IOS developer to determine if we can leverage the opensource "breadwallet" codebase to put 2GIVE on iPhones!!

More to come...

-dvd

legendary
what are the specs of v2? will it be pow?

All specs are here:

http://bit.ly/2GiveCoin

It's a hybrid POW+POS chain -- POW is rewarded by mandatory 1% TXFEE, POS earns 5% per annum for holding in wallet

Wallet has setgenerate command (working on easy click button mining option)

ZERO advantage for pool hoppers -- as the chain rejects ZERO valued blocks

-dvd
Pages:
Jump to: