Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [2GIVE] / New Mobile Wallet Available from SATOWALLET.COM - page 44. (Read 99005 times)

legendary
Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004
We have asked Bittrex to disable exchange of V1 on December 31st, 2015 after which we will conduct an equitable and transparent conversion to V2 in January for some "to be determined" window of time.

Details and Dates are forthcoming!

Good news!  Looks like Bittrex is going to support our plan.  They have removed the delisting notice for the time being.

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-GIVE

legendary
We have asked Bittrex to disable exchange of V1 on December 31st, 2015 after which we will conduct an equitable and transparent conversion to V2 in January for some "to be determined" window of time.

Details and Dates are forthcoming!
legendary
Bittrex is going to delist Givecoin  Shocked

"This market will be removed on 12/11/15. The blockchain is no longer operational. If you are the developer of the coin and would like to keep it listed, please contact us at [email protected]"

I'm in touch with Ritchie -- we're proposing a coin swap for the new version -- details to be announced shortly.

You can see from the difficulty that the KGW function we know is horrible needs to go.

-dvd
ap1
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Bittrex is going to delist Givecoin  Shocked

"This market will be removed on 12/11/15. The blockchain is no longer operational. If you are the developer of the coin and would like to keep it listed, please contact us at [email protected]"
legendary

Bad idea. For more information on this topic please read the Transparent Coin Swap Guidelines

Wallets should be forward compatible. Meaning current wallets will work with the new blockchain. Just copy and paste your old wallet.dat into the new client. Paper wallets can be imported into the new client. The way to do this is to 100% premine the new coin in block 1 and send all the coins back to the owners in block 2 (or later if confirms are required). Someone who has made a block explorer before should be able to come up with a command line script to return all GIVE to the same address as the previous blockchain.

BTW, feel free to premine extra 2GIIVE in block 3. I'm fine with adding in a bunch more coins to be used by The Strength in Numbers Foundation. This is a charity coin so I think it would be a great idea to create an extra 250 million coins for the charity and then swap the current GIVE back to owner at a 1:1 rate for a coin total of 500,000,000 2GIVE.

I appreciate your comments and concern, but fundamentally the X11 suite is unnecessary over a simpler Scrypt only implementation needed for low-power mining to secure the chain.  Furthermore as has been previously noted,  Kimoto Gravity Well function is BROKEN and causes the chain to seize up when pool-hopped.

We're looking at leveraging the the stable Clean Water Coin code base as the reboot code, something we helped port to the Mac so are comfortable with it's implementation.
legendary
Activity: 1190
After months of research, coding and testing, we have concluded that it's not feasible to "bolt-on" POS to the existing blockchain that drives GIVE.

We have decided to enlist BITTREX to facilitate a COIN EXCHANGE on behalf of Strength in Numbers Foundation.

The current plan is to create a genesis block with the original 500M coins designed into the original chain specification (see http://givecoin.io) and then on a pro-rata share basis exchange GIVE for 2GIVE.

As of now we're approaching the 250M coins issued point, which means all holders of GIVE would receive a 2:1 split on their current holdings.

More details and dates will be announced shortly!

-dvd

Bad idea. For more information on this topic please read the Transparent Coin Swap Guidelines

Wallets should be forward compatible. Meaning current wallets will work with the new blockchain. Just copy and paste your old wallet.dat into the new client. Paper wallets can be imported into the new client. The way to do this is to 100% premine the new coin in block 1 and send all the coins back to the owners in block 2 (or later if confirms are required). Someone who has made a block explorer before should be able to come up with a command line script to return all GIVE to the same address as the previous blockchain.

BTW, feel free to premine extra 2GIIVE in block 3. I'm fine with adding in a bunch more coins to be used by The Strength in Numbers Foundation. This is a charity coin so I think it would be a great idea to create an extra 250 million coins for the charity and then swap the current GIVE back to owner at a 1:1 rate for a coin total of 500,000,000 2GIVE.

legendary
After months of research, coding and testing, we have concluded that it's not feasible to "bolt-on" POS to the existing blockchain that drives GIVE.

We have decided to enlist BITTREX to facilitate a COIN EXCHANGE on behalf of Strength in Numbers Foundation.

The current plan is to create a genesis block with the original 500M coins designed into the original chain specification (see http://givecoin.io) and then on a pro-rata share basis exchange GIVE for 2GIVE.

As of now we're approaching the 250M coins issued point, which means all holders of GIVE would receive a 2:1 split on their current holdings.

More details and dates will be announced shortly!

-dvd
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003
NodeMasters
any one got a working node list for this
coin i would like to add it to my pool

thanks
Paul

My wallet only got 1 active node:

thanks for that its working now

EDIT

heres  the nodes i now got
addnode=94.23.241.56:31415
addnode=204.246.68.172:48729
addnode=192.99.35.133:40816

Activity: 548
Merit: 501

thanks
Paul

My wallet only got 1 active node:

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003
NodeMasters

thanks
Paul
Current market cap  Sad
latest news:

2givecoin.info is expired Sad
sent tiny 2000 GIVE to bit4bit  Embarrassed
Last mined block was 10 hours ago: 212246
Is there any news about development?
legendary

I always like to do a bit of good.

legendary
This coin is really cheap compared to last month.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

Thanks. It's not that hard to research coins. You just read the whole thread.

This one looks like a long hold.

It would be cool if they have an option to donate all of the staked coins to charity once this coin goes PoS.

when will we go pos?
can't seem to get any nodes.... does someone have a fresh list?
addnode=47.17.84.135
addnode=192.95.29.153
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
can't seem to get any nodes.... does someone have a fresh list?
legendary
yep got more at 14...ty..... Shocked   sad to see vol below 2btc...   forward lads

Yeah it's sad to see.

It's still pretty good though. 2 BTC is way better than the previous 0.1 BTC.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
yep got more at 14...ty..... Shocked   sad to see vol below 2btc...   forward lads
Pages:
Jump to: