Pages:
Author

Topic: 👽 [ANN] Age of Chains: Trading Card Video Game: Series 2 Presale Live - page 3. (Read 43636 times)

legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161
Will the series-2 presale end at a certain time and unsold cards be burnt as with series 1?  If so, when will that be?
legendary
I know from snailbrain that with XAYA you are looking to enable a more decentralized way of creating the game instead of running it on a server. It certainly sounds interesting but for now we just want to do it the simple, known way. One could think about migrating the backend at a later stage but this is still far out.

I think what we try to do with Xaya is a bit different, though.  Xaya is all about decentralised, global game state and mechanics - in terms of AoC, that would be more the part that Counterparty does for you.  (And in fact, something like Counterparty could be implemented easily using Xaya.)

For simple player-vs-player games that are not about money as in AoC, you don't need a blockchain at all (except for tracking of card ownership).  You could still build the game in a way that makes the games played in a P2P fashion, simply by having the two players connect directly to each other rather than your server.

But I agree that this is certainly not something very important, especially not for the start.  At a later stage, I think it would fit well to the general decentralisation theme that you try to teach also with AoC, though.  After all, you're a citizen of Milky Way and not Andromeda I assume? Smiley

Having provably fair card shuffling certainly would be great. Since I am not a coder I do not know how easy that is to implement but I will talk with our CTO. Once we are at that stage and if he has questions about how to get that done, I will come back to you to ask for more details! Smiley

I'm not a cryptographer myself, but I've spent quite some time thinking about provable fairness and random numbers in that context for Huntercoin and Xaya (and discussed with snailbrain).  I don't think that provably-fair card shuffling is hard to implement, and there are multiple approaches to achieve it; so yes, let me know if you think you are ready for it and I'm happy to discuss that with your CTO!  (But also here, I don't think this is important for the start - it can be added later anytime you feel like it.)
Activity: 1039
Merit: 510
How is the structure of the game actually planned to be?  Have you considered making the game playable in a decentralsed or partially decentralised P2P fashion in addition to providing a server for it?

Also, what do you think about making the game-play provably fair (can also be done with a central server)?  Using commit/reveal schemes, one can implement provably fair, trustless and decentralised card shuffling between two players.  I think that adding this will give the game a bit more "blockchain" touch (even though a blockchain is not the technical solution here).

By structure do you mean the game mechanics? It has similarities with MTG and Hearthstone but we want to have some uniqueness to it, too. So far, we have restrained from making all of our game mechanics publicly available to protect our IP as there are so many copycats in crypto. The digital prototype will provide more clarity for our core community about the gameplay. Also, I am more than happy to show you or anyone else how an AoC match feels through a physical playtesting session. Smiley We want Age of Chains to teach people a little about the crypto universe, making it nice to play both for people that have not much of a clue about crypto but are interested, as well as for crypto OGs.

I know from snailbrain that with XAYA you are looking to enable a more decentralized way of creating the game instead of running it on a server. It certainly sounds interesting but for now we just want to do it the simple, known way. One could think about migrating the backend at a later stage but this is still far out.

Having provably fair card shuffling certainly would be great. Since I am not a coder I do not know how easy that is to implement but I will talk with our CTO. Once we are at that stage and if he has questions about how to get that done, I will come back to you to ask for more details! Smiley
legendary
How is the structure of the game actually planned to be?  Have you considered making the game playable in a decentralsed or partially decentralised P2P fashion in addition to providing a server for it?

Also, what do you think about making the game-play provably fair (can also be done with a central server)?  Using commit/reveal schemes, one can implement provably fair, trustless and decentralised card shuffling between two players.  I think that adding this will give the game a bit more "blockchain" touch (even though a blockchain is not the technical solution here).
The cards collected in the game Age of Chains, will only be collectible or can make exchanges for other altcoins? Will the Game be available for any type of platform?

The game will be mainly developed for desktop. We might do a mobile version afterwards.

You will be able to use Age of Chains cards in the Age of Chains game but you can also use the Counterparty DEX do trade your cards against XCP. A good app for this currently is Book of Orbs, both for Android and web. We once wrote an article on it to read here.

Of course, also other games may decide to add functionality to our cards in their games. An example is Sarutobi Island, wherein you can summon various monsters by putting two different Age of Chains cards on an altar.

I'm interested in getting my hands on some of the sold-out series-1 cards.  So if you want to make some XCP, consider the bids I created on the Counterparty Market or place your counter-asks and I will look at them. Smiley

Nice to see some activity happening! Smiley Wishing you the best of luck in getting your hands on some of those cards!
legendary
I'm interested in getting my hands on some of the sold-out series-1 cards.  So if you want to make some XCP, consider the bids I created on the Counterparty Market or place your counter-asks and I will look at them. Smiley
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
The cards collected in the game Age of Chains, will only be collectible or can make exchanges for other altcoins? Will the Game be available for any type of platform?
As far as it goes for Desktop wallets, both Counterwallet.io and FreeWallet.io are great to use. My favorite is FreeWallet.io as it constantly is being developed and the creator J Dog is very feedback oriented.

Also, do I need the BTC to buy the cards in the same wallet, or can I send them just from my regular Bitcoin wallet instead and have the cards transferred to my Counterparty wallet's address?

This is a great question. In fact, you can send BTC from any wallet and the card delivery happens through an unrelated process where you claim the cards via email.

Thanks for the reply - I figured everything out, and all worked like a charm.  So now I'm the happy owner of a few series-2 cards. Smiley

Amazing, thank you so much for your support! Smiley
legendary
As far as it goes for Desktop wallets, both Counterwallet.io and FreeWallet.io are great to use. My favorite is FreeWallet.io as it constantly is being developed and the creator J Dog is very feedback oriented.

Also, do I need the BTC to buy the cards in the same wallet, or can I send them just from my regular Bitcoin wallet instead and have the cards transferred to my Counterparty wallet's address?

This is a great question. In fact, you can send BTC from any wallet and the card delivery happens through an unrelated process where you claim the cards via email.

Thanks for the reply - I figured everything out, and all worked like a charm.  So now I'm the happy owner of a few series-2 cards. Smiley
looks great...I´m curiuos how to use them

Thank you, meyer! I hope to be playing with you soon so you can experience the game yourself! Smiley

I had the pleasure to talk to the founder in person in Minsk today - very cool project!  It's probably going to be a bit niche for the "old school Bitcoin community" that actually lived through the altcoin craze of 2013 and didn't just arrive last year with ICOs, but that's the fun of it!

domob, it has been great to meet you at the conference! I appreciate your kind words - with ongoing adoption of blockchain technology within our world, we hope that Age of Chains also will find a wide variety of players who will see Age of Chains as a nice entry way to dive into the paradigm of decentralization remanifesting itself in society.

I'm thinking about supporting this project and buying some of the presale cards through tokenmarkets.com.  The item descriptions say "Use the IndieSquare Wallet, Book of Orbs or Tokenly to buy cards from the Age of Chains swapbot".  Does that mean that I have to use those wallets, or can I also use, say, CounterWallet instead?

I've no actual experience with Counterparty so far - and CounterWallet looks to me like the most trustworthy wallet.  (I certainly don't want a mobile wallet nor a Chrome extension, so that from the three listed only Book of Orbs remains.)

Thank you so much for supporting Age of Chains! People like you are the ones making the journey to accomplishing our vision possible.

This deck is a 3D graphic, right? It looks so real! Shocked
Please update this thread more often since you're still working on the game. Will there be any alpha/beta access to the game anytime soon?

You mean the arena? Smiley Yes, it is a 3D arena.

We are working on a digitally playable version of the game. Obtaining the necessary funding to get our CTO full-time involved in our project would help accelerate a lot as he currently still has to work full-time on a different project to sustain a living. So while it currently is tough for me to say when it is ready, we certainly are working on making it happen as soon as possible.
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
This deck is a 3D graphic, right? It looks so real! Shocked
Please update this thread more often since you're still working on the game. Will there be any alpha/beta access to the game anytime soon?
legendary
I'm thinking about supporting this project and buying some of the presale cards through tokenmarkets.com.  The item descriptions say "Use the IndieSquare Wallet, Book of Orbs or Tokenly to buy cards from the Age of Chains swapbot".  Does that mean that I have to use those wallets, or can I also use, say, CounterWallet instead?

I've no actual experience with Counterparty so far - and CounterWallet looks to me like the most trustworthy wallet.  (I certainly don't want a mobile wallet nor a Chrome extension, so that from the three listed only Book of Orbs remains.)

legendary
I had the pleasure to talk to the founder in person in Minsk today - very cool project!  It's probably going to be a bit niche for the "old school Bitcoin community" that actually lived through the altcoin craze of 2013 and didn't just arrive last year with ICOs, but that's the fun of it!
Activity: 523
Merit: 252
looks great...I´m curiuos how to use them
wow, great interview  Smiley

Thank you meyer! Smiley

We are going to attend the Crypto Games Conference in Minsk where we will be having a stand on October 18th.

Furthermore, we are nominated for the Crypto Games Conference Choice Award.

It surely is going to be an exciting event - if you attend make sure to drop by the Age of Chains stand on the 18th. We prepared some nice and unique giveaways!

Activity: 523
Merit: 252
wow, great interview  Smiley
I gave an interview for base58.de - check it out here (it is in German):

https://base58.de/gaming-auf-der-bitcoin-blockchain-interview-mit-age-of-chains/
The Tokenmarkets Age of Chains Shop is live again - happy shopping!

https://tokenmarkets.com/catalog/ageofchains

Due to some technical issues on the side of Tokenmarkets.com, our shop is offline until early next week.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

👽
Pages:
Jump to: