Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 109. (Read 137265 times)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
February 22, 2014, 11:39:45 PM
Guys can connect  ... you need more nodes and/or increase maxconnections on your existing node...

2014-02-23 03:38:26 socket closed
2014-02-23 03:38:26 disconnecting node 107.170.20.200:1631
2014-02-23 03:38:32 trying connection 107.170.20.200:1631 lastseen=167.8hrs
2014-02-23 03:38:32 connected 107.170.20.200:1631
2014-02-23 03:38:32 send version message: version 70002, blocks=2472, us=X.X.X.X:1631, them=107.170.20.200:1631, peer=107.170.20.200:1631
2014-02-23 03:38:32 socket closed
2014-02-23 03:38:32 disconnecting node 107.170.20.200:1631

Activity: 157
Merit: 100
February 22, 2014, 09:55:05 PM
Thank you Alexander for the well written and very interesting whitepaper. All the people in this thread who are only complaining and accusing should read it first...this coin is different.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
February 22, 2014, 09:24:29 PM
{
"blocks" : 765,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.00024414,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 380152,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
AIRcoin Alexander
February 22, 2014, 09:15:59 PM
I advise everyone to stay away since this is highly likely to be a  scam and the developer is ignoring our complaints.

"
We would like to operate our own node servers first, which are working on, and we will not release the source code immediately. There are plans for a release of the source code in the near future, however, after more pressing matters have been attended to.
"

Is a good indication that something is wrong.
Be skeptical and the dev SHOULD try to prove he is in fact legit.

All complaints have been answered (and the node server issue fixed, as outlined in my previous posts) and they have been answered hopefully in a satisfactory and timely matter. Our team, which has put significant work into the coin and have even greater work to do in the future, has chosen not to release the source code immediately. That is our decision and we stand by it.

If you absolutely, without doubt, cannot use a coin that doesn't release their source code, then I must admit that you should look at a different coin for now. I understand the importance of being cautious.

Premined blocks also has 3.72 reward?

The first 5 premined blocks had a reward of 2,500,000/A. This comprises the 0.25% premine.

The 6th block, a mined test block, has 3.72/A and is being used for the pool contest today.

Future blocks will have 3.72/A until we have decided to enter into a reputable exchange (we have been given offers to start on an exchange from launch, but we have declined for now until we have a stronger support community first). Then, after the exchange rate has stabilized, a new version of the wallet will be released that has a dynamic block reward based off exchange rate data from the exchange.

So if the price ever rises considerably, the block reward will increase to help stabilize the rate by reducing the cost of mining. This means that when investors are making the most money, miners will benefit from their success. When the miners are making the most money (high block reward) investors will benefit from their success, when the inflation rate is reduced as the exchange rate decreases, helping push the rate back up.

The 3.72 amount was chosen under the equivalent-bitcoin-per-kilohash-per-day formula, which places the bitcoin-per-kilohash-per-day of scrypt coins to be close to .00002000 . Since miners tend to mine whatever coin is most profitable, and heavily mined coins exhibit heavy inflation, there is a relationship between exchange rates, difficulty, and block reward that produces that equilibrium value. We chose 3.72 as a starting point to ensure a good exchange rate from launch (>.001 BTC/A) assuming an average network difficulty between 5 and 10 at the time.
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
February 22, 2014, 09:15:49 PM
2.5 mil premine

initial block reward 3.72 until things get fixed

am I the only one that sees a red flag or 2?

Lol that is hilarious!
February 22, 2014, 09:10:02 PM
Premined blocks also has 3.72 reward?
February 22, 2014, 09:04:26 PM
Mining this now. So small block reward.
Activity: 182
February 22, 2014, 08:53:10 PM
I advise everyone to stay away since this is highly likely to be a  scam and the developer is ignoring our complaints.

"
We would like to operate our own node servers first, which are working on, and we will not release the source code immediately. There are plans for a release of the source code in the near future, however, after more pressing matters have been attended to.
"

Is a good indication that something is wrong.
Be skeptical and the dev SHOULD try to prove he is in fact legit.
Activity: 821
Merit: 1000
February 22, 2014, 08:48:51 PM
Interesting concept. Good luck.
AIRcoin Alexander
February 22, 2014, 08:23:48 PM
Right now, at 7PM EST, the new wallet is available. We have delayed the response by a few minutes do to the lag experienced on this particular forum so that we do not favor one forum over another in our announcement.

We have fixed our bug and released a new version of the wallet. You can download the file for windows here:

http://teamaircoin.org/download/

To ensure our new software worked, we mined a single test block after the initial 0.25% premine. This 3.72/A block will be distributed in 0.1 A/ amounts to those who alerted us of the node issue (the usernames outlined above) after they post or PM their public keys to me. The remaining 3.32 block will be granted to the pool manager who sets up the pool with the SECOND HIGHEST hashrate after 24 hours.
Giving it to the second highest hashrate (not the highest) will provide incentive that will help prevent being subject to 51% attacks right after launch and allow the mining ecosystem to redistribute itself. The details of this contest will be in the first post.  

Explanation of the fixes:

While the earlier version of the wallet synced and worked properly after being tested in our own internal test network, our external seed node server was unable to service the wallets after release due to a bug in the coding. We took the opportunity to both replace the seed node server with an off-site one that isn’t in our internal network, as well as clean up the wallet file itself.

The configuration file has been edited on the first post to reflect these changes.

Thank you for all of your patience and support these last two days, and hopefully everything will be smooth sailing from here on.  

Any further questions should be forwarded to [email protected]
Activity: 140
trading in the shadow's shadow
February 22, 2014, 03:10:52 PM
well I've seen way more lame coins than this one... if pool's up quick I'll point my miners to it!
Let's make money out of air
Activity: 528
We are the ones we've been waiting for
February 22, 2014, 02:52:17 PM
The seed node issue has been resolved, and we will release a new wallet (that has some additional changes) and a new config file in a few hours. We took this opportunity to clean up some other issues with the code, rather than rush a quick fix. We now had a secure, dedicated 24/7 seed node server.

The following usernames are eligible for a .1/A transaction for mentioning the node issue early on in the launch. Please PM or post your public address here to receive the reward.

Sarahiko
TiberiuC
albertdros
mine2slow

We are waiting to release this wallet later today (as opposed to immediately) so that there is no question of favoritism for the developers. No mining has occurred beyond the initial 0.25% amount, and no mining will occur beyond that amount until the new wallet code is made public. You will be able to see this in the blockchain. A post will be made here on the exact minute that the new wallet is made available.

Fine concept. I'll mine this.
AIRcoin Alexander
February 22, 2014, 02:18:05 PM
The seed node issue has been resolved, and we will release a new wallet (that has some additional changes) and a new config file in a few hours. We took this opportunity to clean up some other issues with the code, rather than rush a quick fix. We now had a secure, dedicated 24/7 seed node server.

The following usernames are eligible for a .1/A transaction for mentioning the node issue early on in the launch. Please PM or post your public address here to receive the reward.

Sarahiko
TiberiuC
albertdros
mine2slow

We are waiting to release this wallet later today (as opposed to immediately) so that there is no question of favoritism for the developers. No mining has occurred beyond the initial 0.25% amount, and no mining will occur beyond that amount until the new wallet code is made public. You will be able to see this in the blockchain. A post will be made here on the exact minute that the new wallet is made available.
legendary
Activity: 999
Merit: 1000
February 22, 2014, 01:14:06 AM
2.5 mil premine

initial block reward 3.72 until things get fixed

am I the only one that sees a red flag or 2?

Activity: 686
February 22, 2014, 01:07:49 AM
Windows coin.

Did you take permission of Bill Gates?

Close source malware. A new virus strain which your 'anti-virus' cant detect.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
February 21, 2014, 11:13:23 PM
Interesting concept.

I hope Air will still be heavily supported after the launch. That's the major downfall for several coins these days, is the amount of work input-ed after they have been officially launched.

Will be supporting and eying this coin, best of luck.
AIRcoin Alexander
February 21, 2014, 07:31:29 PM
Feb. 21st 2014

So you launch a coin with no working nodes? I hope you actually schedule a date and time and not just randomly add a node with no notice so the devs can just start mining from 0 second.

Once the node issue is fixed, we will release a new wallet so people can start off at the beginning. The premine has already taken place (5 blocks at 500,000/A each). The developers will do absolutely no personal mining of the coin before it is publicly available to mine, and you will be able to see this reflected in the blockchain.

There are 1 billion coins and the block reward is only 3.72 with a block target time of 2 minutes ... that is a very small initial reward considering how many coins there are.

As a result, I'd rather not waste my hash power until the coin actually makes it to an exchange, but I like the idea that the block reward varies based on the exchange value ... not sure how you're going to pull that off in the long run, but if the algorithm is correct then it would be a good way to maintain hashpower put into this coin and thus the value of your coin long-term.

One other question, prior to hitting an exchange, does the block reward stay at 3.72?

We have already received one invitation to an exchange, but we have opted not to join the exchange until the node fix has happened, we expect at least 1 reputable exchange to carry us within the week.

Until hitting an exchange however, the block reward will stay at 3.72. To prevent extreme inflation, it may remain at that level until we are secure in the exchange's API and our own code in order for it to adjust the block rewards, at which point a new version will be released that reflects those changes.

No nodes?? my wallet is not syncing  Huh
+1 Yes please

Also nodes, wallet doesn't synch

Please see the previous answer about the node issue.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
February 21, 2014, 04:03:14 AM
Does anybody want to mine this?

I will make a pool if there is demand - Please +1 if you are interested

+1 Yes please

Also nodes, wallet doesn't synch

Jump to: