Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 106. (Read 137265 times)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
February 24, 2014, 05:05:27 PM
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
DASH is the future of crypto payments!
February 24, 2014, 04:51:32 PM
when will be expected some exchange ?

EDIT: what net hash rate is for all AIR coin?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
February 24, 2014, 04:46:15 PM
Moderated thread? Deleting post's huh?   SCAM

I like the stuff you are on, Good stuff Grin The thread is not self-moderated

Grin Grin Grin

sq
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
February 24, 2014, 04:05:29 PM
Okay then. Smiley
Still mining it solo and found few blocks more.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Proteus?
February 24, 2014, 04:01:15 PM
You wanna tell me I spend 2 days mining for relaunch?  Undecided

There is no planned relaunch (and, consequently, re-launch date).  ISAWHIM meant that to be a (humorous?) suggestion I believe.  There will be updates to the wallet, however.

Quick, re-release it with "Zero premine", it's not too late yet... it will be in a month...
Oh, and sources... Tongue

Live off donations for services. Not our un-earned value, which we have not added to the network yet.

Perfect time to start-over... after you fix the node issue.

Then make an official post... Usually starts with the title... "[ANN][AIR] AIRcoin", not "/AIRcoin"...That threw me off at first. (Also kill the / as it will screw-up things. Not sure why it is there, just looks like a type-o. Hard to search for it too... looks like a folder.)

The official tag suggestion is noted.  The AIR is an inherent part of the design concept.  The node issue has been resolved for some time, and in fact a second node has been brought up by Shadow_Runner and a third node (by us) is in the works.  Alexander has addressed the source code release concern by pointing out sussex's virus scan post on page 3 of this thread:
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
February 24, 2014, 03:55:37 PM

I like the stuff you are on, Good stuff Grin The thread is not self-moderated
Activity: 105
Proteus?
February 24, 2014, 03:29:59 PM
This coin looks promising, but does contain a number of issues that could harm the viability of the coin. A few suggestions for the developer:

1. difficulty re-targeting - A 24 hour re-target period is going to be razed by multipools. This should be changed to Kimoto's gravity well for re-targeting. If the change does not occur the coin is dead before it ever started.

2. lack of pools - As of right now this is not much of an issue, but as soon as the difficulty creeps up past 1, solo mining will no longer be feasible for an average miner. An official pool will go a long way to alleviate this issue.

3. Maturation time of blocks - A block maturation time of 6 minutes (3 confirms) allows for miners to easily pump & dump coins. It also can lead to an increase in transaction malleability, as coins people think they have mined may suddenly disappear from their wallets. It may be wise to increase the amount of time a block has to mature before it becomes spendable.

I think with these adjustments this coin can do very well. In the current state though, it has a large number of flaws that will hamper it's ability to become truly successful.

Thank you for the favorable review, and we appreciate the feedback in general!  Increasing dialogue (as opposed to "we want this NOW" or "SCAM" from miners and "we CAN'T do this" or "we'll get back to you on that, but we won't specify why" from developers) is another underappreciated avenue to a successful implementation of crypto currencies in everyday life.

In response to:
Point 1: I have already discussed Kimoto's gravity well (http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1wc0sr/why_arent_we_discussing_implementing_kimotos/)
with a few other co-developers and developing consultants (including ISAWHIM).  This is something that seems to be "in vogue" currently, but I cannot deny its effectiveness.  We are already working on implementing it into the test net, but we are currently open to discussion about it as a permanent change.

Point 2: We are waiting on current miners to take the pool initiative for the still outstanding bounty.  But then again, it has only been about one day since miners could use the Windows wallet.  An official pool is in the works and will be released soon, and a Mac wallet as well.

Point 3:  This is something that is more of a conceptual issue.  Pumping and dumping by miners is covered in Alexander's original posts (and several following thereafter).  Transaction malleability is no laughing matter, as you have correctly pointed out: http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2014/02/21/bitcoin-transaction-malleability/.  I am specifically here to recognize such "technical details" as Mr. Anderson pointed out.  Increasing the maturity to up to 10 minutes is something the AIRcoin community will have to discuss, after which the AIA and its consultants will take appropriate action based off of the community's responses.  6 minutes confirming should work fine with a 2 minute block time though.

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
February 24, 2014, 03:28:39 PM
February 24, 2014, 03:27:13 PM
You wanna tell me I spend 2 days mining for relaunch?  Undecided
Activity: 504
February 24, 2014, 03:18:31 PM
Quick, re-release it with "Zero premine", it's not too late yet... it will be in a month...
Oh, and sources... Tongue

Live off donations for services. Not our un-earned value, which we have not added to the network yet.

Perfect time to start-over... after you fix the node issue.

Then make an official post... Usually starts with the title... "[ANN][AIR] AIRcoin", not "/AIRcoin"...That threw me off at first. (Also kill the / as it will screw-up things. Not sure why it is there, just looks like a type-o. Hard to search for it too... looks like a folder.)
February 24, 2014, 03:13:42 PM
This coin looks promising, but does contain a number of issues that could harm the viability of the coin. A few suggestions for the developer:

1. difficulty re-targeting - A 24 hour re-target period is going to be razed by multipools. This should be changed to Kimoto's gravity well for re-targeting. If the change does not occur the coin is dead before it ever started.

2. lack of pools - As of right now this is not much of an issue, but as soon as the difficulty creeps up past 1, solo mining will no longer be feasible for an average miner. An official pool will go a long way to alleviate this issue.

3. Maturation time of blocks - A block maturation time of 6 minutes (3 confirms) allows for miners to easily pump & dump coins. It also can lead to an increase in transaction malleability, as coins people think they have mined may suddenly disappear from their wallets. It may be wise to increase the amount of time a block has to mature before it becomes spendable.

I think with these adjustments this coin can do very well. In the current state though, it has a large number of flaws that will hamper it's ability to become truly successful.

They are considering #1 as we speak... (Through PM suggestions.)
#2 is being worked-on (Early adoption is hard, due to changing state of coin dev.)
#3 Though I agree that maturity should be closer to 24-hrs (For forking reasons)... Even that would not alter dumping much. In pools, they can horde plenty of coins that are not being withdrawn, making instant-earned coins ready for withdraw, even before maturity. It will slow-down some solo-miner dumping, but only delay the inevitable. If they want to dump 1000 coins, they will do it once they are ready. Now or later.

I missed that the first observation. Was not looking at the mined-block confirms. Didn't even look at the standard transfer confirms needed. (5-6 blocks [10-min to 12-min] there would be fine, in 99% of the cases. Depends on the natural mini-forks running lengths. I think 6 was the point where natural forking was almost unseen, on a 2-min block.)
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
February 24, 2014, 02:46:28 PM

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
DASH is the future of crypto payments!
February 24, 2014, 01:50:33 PM
got my first block too Smiley

and me too Smiley jupi! Smiley
Activity: 98
February 24, 2014, 01:19:52 PM
got my first block too Smiley
February 24, 2014, 01:10:38 PM
Yay got two blocks in 5 minutes!
I don't know whether it's good or bad, It's the first time i go solo  Grin

Congrats.  Smiley
Activity: 528
We are the ones we've been waiting for
February 24, 2014, 12:52:28 PM
Yay got two blocks in 5 minutes!
I don't know whether it's good or bad, It's the first time i go solo  Grin
February 24, 2014, 12:11:37 PM
what does that mean: "diff 20,6k without LP" ? can i change the difficulty? i dont seem to find any blocks
That is the difficulty of the "block" you are trying to find...
"Without LP" = Without long-polling... (That is a form of communication for pools, called "stratum" connection. You are HTTP connected. That will not matter to solo-mining. Only for pools, due to shares-sending and work-load distribution.)

ahh interesting, thanks!
February 24, 2014, 12:10:04 PM
what does that mean: "diff 20,6k without LP" ? can i change the difficulty? i dont seem to find any blocks
That is the difficulty of the "block" you are trying to find...
"Without LP" = Without long-polling... (That is a form of communication for pools, called "stratum" connection. You are HTTP connected. That will not matter to solo-mining. Only for pools, due to shares-sending and work-load distribution.)

If you join a pool, you WANT a stratum connection (with long-polling), as it is faster and less cumbersome for the pool to manage. They usually have HTTP for those who can not connect through stratum connections. Only as a last-resort backup connection.
February 24, 2014, 12:05:04 PM
Jump to: