Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 102. (Read 137265 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
February 26, 2014, 04:37:08 AM
so altctrldefeated is offline.. the biggest one is closed

? http://air.ctrlaltdefeated.us is working fine!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
February 26, 2014, 04:24:31 AM
so altctrldefeated is offline.. the biggest one is closed

i have too many BAMT miners so joined http://air.poolnetwork.org/

is it actually a working pool?

it's seeing my hash rate, but has never yet mined a single block?

not to mention i'm making up about 10MH/S LOL

... ok it's been like 30 mins now and still haven't seen a block, when i have over 10% of the network's hash rate.. hoping it's supremely bad luck, not a broken/scam pool...
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
February 26, 2014, 03:46:04 AM
With respect to exchanges, I'd recommend Mintpal- they run a very tight ship over there, with something like 865BTC in volume over the past 24 hours.  I've seen it go as high as 2300BTC during the MINT dump.  Very reliable exchange with a limited number of trading pairs.

I also like MintPal - out of the dozen or so new exchanges that have popped up over the past couple months, I think MintPal and Poloniex look the most promising.  I think AllCrypt has potential as well, have to see how their "grand opening" goes in a few days.

Fixed the diff retarget duration on PityThePool, I had misread it as 2 hours when I configured the pool originally.  Looks like we are about 30 blocks away.
Activity: 5
February 26, 2014, 03:05:24 AM
With respect to exchanges, I'd recommend Mintpal- they run a very tight ship over there, with something like 865BTC in volume over the past 24 hours.  I've seen it go as high as 2300BTC during the MINT dump.  Very reliable exchange with a limited number of trading pairs.
February 26, 2014, 03:04:05 AM
AIRcoin CtrlAltDefeated Mining Pool
Payout: Prop
Vardiff
Stratum
http://i.imgur.com/bPDjp4v.png
No Fees for the first 10 miners to register and PM me!
Changed to 0% fee for everyone. For the next 24 hours atleast but probably longer.
Activity: 105
Proteus?
February 26, 2014, 02:53:49 AM
On a side note - I expected the diff to have adjusted by now, it's been hours at 0.66 diff and no change . . . diff retarget is 30 blocks correct?

120 second block target
24 hour diff retarget

Any plans on implementing kgw at some point?

Yes, we are working on it currently (please see comment #103 on pg. 6 of this thread).

Activity: 70
AIRcoin Alexander
February 26, 2014, 02:45:07 AM
Fork Averted. Pitythepool is down to 21 M/H and the network is at 47 M/H.

Although, unless I'm reading this wrong it looks like only a single miner has that 21 MH/S rate, and joined PityThePool, causing that spike. Someone out there has a big, big, rig.

Just be more careful about where you guys mine until we have a larger mining base. Hashrates should stabilize soon among the 3 pools. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I don't believe there is any single miner with 21MH, PityThePool has no one near that size.

It's pretty normal for a pool's hashrate to swing +/- 10-20% minute by minute, even more.  Could be 22MH one minute and 28MH the next  with no new miners having joined.  The pool's hashrate calculation is different than that of the wallet and will vary more.

I understand your desire to keep the hashrate distributed but unfortunately this is pretty much how it's going to be until there are some more pools online and more exposure to the coin.  Every coin goes through this the first several days.

Another big help to guard against accidental/unwanted forks would be to get a block explorer up and running.  I run several pools and it is a big help when there is question as to whether or not a coin has been forked.  Pool operators can reference the official block explorer to determine whether the blocks they are finding are on the correct chain.

On a side note - I expected the diff to have adjusted by now, it's been hours at 0.66 diff and no change . . . diff retarget is 30 blocks correct?

Then I must have misread the display that the pool website was giving.

Difficulty retargets every 720 blocks, and yes, we chose this with a purpose, and the next retarget happens in about 100 blocks, or 3 hours.

A block explorer is under development, and we have a developer and offers for one, however, it will take at least a few days for them to finish.

Any word as to whether this will be on any exchanges soon?

We have offers for exchanges, and once difficulty has risen sufficiently, we will allow them to open. Currently, we are hoping to pursue a larger, more reputable exchange than Poloniex, MCXnow, or Coinmarket.io, and are currently taking suggestions from our supporters.
February 26, 2014, 02:39:20 AM

120 second block target
24 hour diff retarget

Any plans on implementing kgw at some point?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I'm really quite sane!
February 26, 2014, 02:36:32 AM
Any word as to whether this will be on any exchanges soon?
February 26, 2014, 02:16:46 AM

Although, unless I'm reading this wrong it looks like only a single miner has that 21 MH/S rate, and joined PityThePool, causing that spike. Someone out there has a big, big, rig.

Just be more careful about where you guys mine until we have a larger mining base. Hashrates should stabilize soon among the 3 pools. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I don't believe there is any single miner with 21MH, PityThePool has no one near that size.

It's pretty normal for a pool's hashrate to swing +/- 10-20% minute by minute, even more.  Could be 22MH one minute and 28MH the next  with no new miners having joined.  The pool's hashrate calculation is different than that of the wallet and will vary more.

I understand your desire to keep the hashrate distributed but unfortunately this is pretty much how it's going to be until there are some more pools online and more exposure to the coin.  Every coin goes through this the first several days.

Another big help to guard against accidental/unwanted forks would be to get a block explorer up and running.  I run several pools and it is a big help when there is question as to whether or not a coin has been forked.  Pool operators can reference the official block explorer to determine whether the blocks they are finding are on the correct chain.

AIRcoin Alexander
February 26, 2014, 02:03:59 AM
And Immediately after this, PityThePool spiked back up to 27 MH/S.
AIRcoin Alexander
February 26, 2014, 01:47:34 AM

February 26, 2014, 01:11:53 AM
MINERS, PLEASE DISTRIBUTE YOURSELVES AMONG THE POOLS

A large portion of Pool Mining is coming from PityThePool (>23 MH/s) or 51%. Since our subsidy requires less than 40% of the total mining power, I'm sure it is in the best interest of the pool manager and the coin that we are not subject to a 51% attack and that the individual pool rate is below 40%.

Agreed.  There is no risk of a 51% attack from PityThePool, but accidental forks can occur anytime a single entity controls > 51% of the network hashrate.  New registrations are disabled at PityThePool until the hashrate is better distributed.

*Edit*

Would help if you could make the pools list a little more prominent on the ANN thread and update your website with a pools listing.
February 26, 2014, 12:55:46 AM
AIRcoin CtrlAltDefeated Mining Pool
Payout: Prop
Vardiff
Stratum
http://i.imgur.com/bPDjp4v.png
No Fees for the first 10 miners to register and PM me!
Still have spots left for 0% lifetime fee's !
AIRcoin Alexander
February 26, 2014, 12:50:50 AM
MINERS, PLEASE DISTRIBUTE YOURSELVES AMONG THE POOLS

A large portion of Pool Mining is coming from PityThePool (>23 MH/s) or 51%. Since our subsidy requires less than 40% of the total mining power, I'm sure it is in the best interest of the pool manager and the coin that we are not subject to a 51% attack and that the individual pool rate is below 40%.
AIRcoin Alexander
February 26, 2014, 12:22:55 AM
Interesting read.  I like interesting reads.
Interesting coin.  I like interesting coins.

Consider my paltry 300kh/s yours for the next few days.

We accept this gift with grave respect.

If you want to help us even more, help contribute on our forums, just opened an hour ago:

http://teamaircoin.org/forums/

We're trying to build a community from across different cryptocoins to help further the technology and connect coins with the financial world, that forum will be the central hub of those goals.
Activity: 5
February 26, 2014, 12:10:13 AM
Interesting read.  I like interesting reads.
Interesting coin.  I like interesting coins.

Consider my paltry 300kh/s yours for the next few days.
AIRcoin Alexander
February 25, 2014, 11:29:24 PM
Forum rules are posted.

Network hashrates are stabilizing around 42 Mh/s, expect the next difficulty to be about 1.35. This makes the opportunity price (expected for-sale price of coins you mine, based on other currencies competitiveness) for mining AIR at around 0.00045 BTC/AIR or $0.225 USD/AIR.

Edit: Correction, 45 MH/s, 1.38, .00047 BTC/AIR, and $0.235 USD/AIR.

Let's see if we can't get AIRcoin to 50 MH/s by tomorrow!
Activity: 84
February 25, 2014, 10:45:21 PM

POOLNETWORK IS LIVE MINING AIRCOIN!

Our AirCoin pool will be running at 1% pool fee to maintain our highly powered server costs!

Fast & Reliable!
1% Pool Fee
1 AIR Bonus block finder reward!!!
Proportional Payout [VARDIFF]
Payouts every 5 MINUTES (if you enable auto-payment) *RECOMMENDED*
Mine with confidence..

./cgminer --scrypt  -o stratum+tcp://start.poolnetwork.org:4141 -u Weblogin.Worker -p Worker password

AIRcoin Alexander
February 25, 2014, 10:44:36 PM
AIRCOIN OFFICIAL FORUMS ARE LIVE

http://teamaircoin.org/forums/

The profile you make on our website will allow you to get access to special information, use the forums (including special forums for developers who want to help improve the coin) and many more features we intend to add.

We're still posting up all of the rules, but you'll be able to poke around the forums, get registered, and test things out for now.

It is our intent to make these forums the best place on the internet for meaningful improvement to cryptocurrency technology. I encourage you guys to reach out to developers of other coins and get their input on these boards, as well as bring in your own questions and ideas to them. These boards will be the primary way that we deal with users and developers of the technology.
Jump to: