Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 52. (Read 137265 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 100
“A fool and his money are soon parted”
March 19, 2014, 09:18:29 AM
Using a single 7950... came late to the crypto-world, so i´m using my gaming card while i try to learn the most i can as fast i can.

I´m not solo mining AIR, cause it´s a little frustrating waiting for a block about 2 days on average, but i´ll pretend to with lower diff coins, and maybe i´ll buy some more cards if i came to the conclusions that it´s still worthwhile investing  in mining equipment.. seems to me that the global hashrate is now too big.  Any crap coin has lots of GH/s, looks like everybody has found cryptcoins at the same time i did...  Embarrassed. Don't think I'll be leaving my day job just yet  Grin

Then again thanks for sharing your knowledge.

"May your shares always be full."
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
March 19, 2014, 08:06:44 AM
So, that means a workload of 128 or 64 is better to use than 256 when solo-mining? What other changes from the usual parameters do you recommend ISAWHIM?

Thank you for your posts , I've been learning a lot from you!

Not always better... Some miners don't like small workloads. (Mine prefer them. I get better hash-rates, and the bonus of slightly faster submit-times.) Do NOT do this on sha-256 coins. Tongue They don't use a lot of memory.

If you have 7970's another odd trick is trying the +1 to the "--thread-concurrency 8192" (8192 works on all miners. But 8193 makes about half of them work about 5%-2% faster. That is a dicey setting. It either works, or it does not work.)

Other than that, I just have my cards tuned for 600-700KHs, depending on the PSU limits. I have a bunch of crappy reference designs that suck at cooling. Only about half of them suck. (I could push 728KHs out of most of them, but need more cooling in the summer.)

Oh another strange thing... Usually seen only on super-fast block-times... below 30-seconds... If you select the "Receive" tab, not the "Overview" or the "Transaction" tab... The wallet seems to respond faster to "new blocks". (Might be all the column/row checking that is slowing down the miner, looking for all those "confirmed" status updates. They don't seem to happen on that tab. Have not noticed any difference mining coins greater than 30-seconds. So here, that will not matter. This is a 1.5-minute block-time.)

Last thing, for those who may not do it... Use multiple pools on this coin. As failover setups. Pools seem to be getting DDOSed, due to this being a successful source of pulling miners off other coins. Tongue

Buy high, sell low... Oh no, I got that backwards... Sell low, buy high! JK. (Only do that if you want to support the network!)
Activity: 266
“A fool and his money are soon parted”
March 19, 2014, 07:41:39 AM
....Also, having smaller workloads helps here. You have to finish processing the whole workload before it is actually submitted and checked for a winner. Workload-size of 64 is 4x faster to submit than a workload-size of 256... EG, while you are still "building work", I have submitted 4 possible solutions by the time you have submitted and checked one large workload.....

So, that means a workload of 128 or 64 is better to use than 256 when solo-mining? What other changes from the usual parameters do you recommend ISAWHIM?

Thank you for your posts , I've been learning a lot from you!
March 19, 2014, 06:23:28 AM
Ok, done buying for a few hours... Tag, you're it!
March 19, 2014, 04:47:52 AM
Reality is:  Price is falling down. Now at  0.00169  48 hours ago was 0.00200
Main page of dev owner:

AIRCOIN
Stable, Rising Exchange Rate

Cheers.

It just opened a week ago... Price was obviously too high to start, for the prior listed earned coins.

I am sure there wasn't a specific deadline for the "rising exchange rate". Though, I am seeing stability forming. That is a horribly slow exchange to expect lightning-fast response-times on. They didn't say "zero volatility" and "forever rising". That is impossible unless they purchase all your debt. They simply control a range above and below, to allow trading to be possible. Like a buffer.

Seriously, in this short of a time, you expected instant results? (Though, they have already given instant results. Just not ones you want.)

P.S. I am also buying and selling, manipulating the market, in favor of "getting more miners". (At my own losses/costs, for future rewards.)
Activity: 297
Merit: 250
March 19, 2014, 04:42:44 AM

Main page of dev owner:

AIRCOIN

Cheers.

Reality is: fabula is still wants more cheap AIRcoins...

Sorry, not selling any of mine to you for that price.
Activity: 644
March 19, 2014, 03:57:42 AM

Main page of dev owner:

AIRCOIN

Cheers.
March 19, 2014, 03:30:28 AM
Isawhim, while i disagree with your dictating who should and shouldn't participate in this coin, I find many pearls of wisdom in your rantings :-D

I was not dictating... That was my unbiased and honest opinion.

A dictator demands, telling you what to do. (I simply voiced my suggestion.) Tongue

Stay, go... It's all the same to me... I mine, buy, sell, trade... I screw myself more than anyone! Tongue That is like banking at your own bank, then complaining because there is not enough of your money to withdraw! (Because you loaned it all out, to make yourself more money.)

I just hate people who whine about it, like we TOLD them to mine the coin, and forced them to mine or buy. No-one ever said reward was immediate and fruitful for all. It can't be. Someone has to lose for someone-else to gain. If we all won, we would all be average, and the reward would only pay everyone's electric bills. Which is not what "Investment" is about. It is about GAINS and LOSSES, and SUPPORT. Not "Sit on the toilet and do nothing but complain when my turds are not turning into solid gold." (Sorry for the crudeness.) Also, in order for us to all win, the electric company would have to be the one buying our coins... They have no reason to do that. (Or we would have to pay for electricity with our coins, buying them back from the electric company, so they get the money. Thus, making us all losers. Tongue)

What did they think, price was just going to double and double and double and double, in a week, on some off-beat exchange? (One I might add, was recently hacked and people do not trust.)

There are only a hand-full of decent coins. A swath of OK coins, and a whole Wiki full of junk-coins. Air is in the swath, until it rises out of the shadows. For being in the shadows, it is doing better than some coins that have been here for a whole year. Let them get settled before you start complaining about golden turds not appearing in your toilets. (Again, not directed at anyone individual.)

We still have to keep the diff constantly rising, slowly, to add the initial distributed value to the coin, and rarity of volume. Which also includes buying-up some of these listings... if that includes letting the price fall to make those purchases less of a burden to us, than that is what will happen. You don't HAVE to sell that low. Once those are sold, they are gone. It is the others that are not listed, you have to worry about. (Well not gone, but they will not likely appear in the lower ranges later-on.)

The best thing this coin has done to help us, is having that low volume/reward.
March 19, 2014, 03:08:29 AM
KGW does seem very slow to react during a drop of hashrate. 675MH/s but diff is still at 22.

Have you guys had a look at digishield from DGB?

That hash rate is from? Pool totals? Because I still have miners solo-mining, and I am sure others do too. (Time between blocks is still showing about 1.6-1.7 avg, so it can not be that far off.)

However, I hit a double-block a while back, 10-seconds apart. Happens to me a lot. Seems I have good seeds in my wallet nonce's! Tongue

I see a few 1-min blocks, and a few other 30-sec blocks... so expect a little variance until the hash-rate of the network pushes the coin up into the 200-2,000 Diff. There are less lotto-winners there. (Every new block is a new lotto-drawing. Some win on the first ticket, others actually have to buy/hash multiple tickets to win. That is why more devices mining actually prevails over one fast machine of equal speed. More instant-scratch-offs turned-in at once.)

Also, having smaller workloads helps here. You have to finish processing the whole workload before it is actually submitted and checked for a winner. Workload-size of 64 is 4x faster to submit than a workload-size of 256... EG, while you are still "building work", I have submitted 4 possible solutions by the time you have submitted and checked one large workload. Even if you had a bigger solution in the first result, mine in the 3rd, I would have won that solution, as my 3rd was submitted before you even knew you had a winner to submit. (The side effect is you get more rejects, as you are submitting faster. If you have not finished processing, and you get a "new block found", you have to dump that large block of work, and thus, never even check it for winners you may have had. Because there is now a new block to build off-of. Or you submit it, just before another one was found, and then it does show as a reject. But again, that is 1/4 the submitted potential rejects.)
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 19, 2014, 02:17:59 AM
KGW does seem very slow to react during a drop of hashrate. 675MH/s but diff is still at 22.

Have you guys had a look at digishield from DGB?
Activity: 16
March 18, 2014, 11:24:42 PM
Hey guys!

Just letting you know, I am making updates to the site, so expect some downtime for the next few hours or so. I will post back and let you guys know when I'm done! Smiley

Best,
Aether

All done.

Best,
Aether
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
March 18, 2014, 11:20:35 PM
Isawhim, while i disagree with your dictating who should and shouldn't participate in this coin, I find many pearls of wisdom in your rantings :-D
Activity: 154
March 18, 2014, 11:18:14 PM
This round of "vicious cycle" seem to be shorter than last time. Net hashrate is slowly rising again. Maybe price will follow sooner this time and we never see under 1Gh/s net hasrate again. Remains to be seen if dumpers have anymore easy coins to dump.
March 18, 2014, 10:16:00 PM
At the moment, value is primarily based off what some miner is accepting for the coins they earned. Your coins mined now will not get decent returns until these "easy-mined" coins have all been purchased. The coins they are selling NOW are the coins they/we mined BEFORE the diff-hike. Keeping the value from spiking, will stop those guys from taking what value should be yours, in the future, as they take it now. EG, you raise the price, we will cash-out and take it before you. We have more coins, that cost us less to produce. That makes it harder for you to cash-out later, if the price rises too early. Staying low, forces us to hold, or limits our cash-outs. Transferring value to the ones who purchased those coins now, which will rise later. Then THEY will be YOUR competition, not us, who got them easier. YOU will then be able to sell YOUR cheaper earned coins, faster than those people who purchased them. Thus, at that FUTURE DATE you will be in OUR shoes. They will be complaining just like you are now. Tongue

Allowing it to spike, simply brings TONS of hoppers, who will try to instantly flash-diff through the roof, lowering everyone's reward. They would then pump the hell out of the market, using very few BTC, with little resistance. (Thus a false premature rise/pump.) Then once enough have been "suckered" and there was enough listed volume below... They would dump.

You want to control the market, and stop people from cashing-out... Don't list high volume to buy, which tempts them to cash-out for one lump-sum. Make them pay for it, by listing only a few at each level. If they are that desperate, they will cash-out lower, at a loss to them, and at a gain to you. On the reverse, if you want the price to rise, don't throw walls that stop people from being able to let the price rise. Walls are great, if they are behind a few low-valued coins.

Using walls to try to push a market up or down is just moronic. Someone will swipe-up those easy lump-sum coins, then instantly re-list them on the other side as a wall in the opposite direction. To win, you have to snipe-up coins from unlisted holdings.

Remember, everyone who mined before you, got them with less effort and at a lower production cost. Those who come after you, if you are mining now, will get even less than you. (Unless you leave, then they will be the ones getting more than those who follow in later days.)

This is not a day-trade coin, and these are not day-trade exchanges. You are not a day-trader, stop pretending to be. (Or keep pretending, I like taking your losses and turning them into my gains. Tongue)

P.S. That was to no-one in general. Just my typical rant to the children crying over not getting rich from a scam-coin... Go play with MOON or LOTTO or KITTEH or another one of those fake value coins. They are dropping from the markets anyways. Soon, if you are lucky, they will have to be traded against DEV-COIN in order to have any possible value. I feel sorry for the guys who fell for those scams. It's a hard lesson to learn, but not one that is easy to digest. Those coins were made to pull you off of valuable coins, and manipulated to hell, to take any value you had. Cut your losses and move on or stay and sink with those ships.

P.P.S. If you are having issues comparing this coin to darkcoin... You might want to stop buying and mining, until you figure that out. Just saying... (Not that there is anything wrong with darkcoin. But there is little comparison, other than the fact that they are both just coins.)

You want the price to raise... Buy coins. Also, mine them, to sustain the difficulty, so future listings of coins can not be sold as low. It is just as simple as that. The more it rises, the more miners will come to mine it... So don't come back again and then complain that diff is too high. The price would have to lower, to make the diff fall lower. Diff is supposed to climb, that is what drives the price up. If diff doubles, everyone is getting half as many, and they have to ask for twice as much. If you have not figured this out yet... Again, you should not be mining.
Activity: 210
March 18, 2014, 08:14:26 PM

Come join us!

• Hosted in Canada
  • Low Latency P2Pool Node
  • 1% Fee
  • Transaction Fees Paid to Miners
  • No Signup Required
  • Payouts Directly to Wallet
  • Unique P2Pool Frontend
Activity: 16
March 18, 2014, 08:12:10 PM
Hey guys!

Just letting you know, I am making updates to the site, so expect some downtime for the next few hours or so. I will post back and let you guys know when I'm done! Smiley

Best,
Aether
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
DASH is the future of crypto payments!
March 18, 2014, 07:17:38 PM
Great deal today.
Buyed some Air (16 hours ago) at 0.0019 an now i can sell them at 0.0018.

I getting poor!

Smiley

Better sell them quick then.......

hehe yeahhhhh sussex will buy them Wink
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
March 18, 2014, 06:47:33 PM

Darkcoin also has a much higher block reward. 3.72 Aircoin per block compared to 20-22 Darkcoin per block (at diff 285 mind due).

I guess I am just asking if the current value of the coin is based almost entirely on mining difficulty? Or is there something intrinsic about it to make it worth more? I am aware of their price fixing/adjustment thingy, but I am a bit skeptical longterm with that.

If just mining, any dev could make a new coin and make it difficult to mine ... and say it's worth $10/coin.
Activity: 56
March 18, 2014, 06:29:47 PM
I am not mining this coin anymore because the profit is EXTREMELY bad at the moment. I still see this coin as a good investment, that's why I am BUYING it for the low price as it is now. I will mine it if/when difficulty drops.

I've seen people mention that this coin is currently at a low price. My question is, why would you consider it low? Simply because the devs are making mining difficult based on price? On the plus side, they do have actives devs ...but still...

1 Billion Max coins (maybe more).

vs ... let's say Darkcoin, at:

84 Million Max

And DarkCoin has a very active dev.

Air is currently 1.5x the price of DarkCoin. My question is, is Air overvalued, or Dark simply undervalued? Or both? I don't quite get why Air should be at its current price, simply based on mining difficulty -- unless I am overlooking something that contributes to its perceived value.

Darkcoin also has a much higher block reward. 3.72 Aircoin per block compared to 20-22 Darkcoin per block (at diff 285 mind due).
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
March 18, 2014, 06:01:43 PM
I am not mining this coin anymore because the profit is EXTREMELY bad at the moment. I still see this coin as a good investment, that's why I am BUYING it for the low price as it is now. I will mine it if/when difficulty drops.

I've seen people mention that this coin is currently at a low price. My question is, why would you consider it low? Simply because the devs are making mining difficult based on price? On the plus side, they do have actives devs ...but still...

1 Billion Max coins (maybe more).

vs ... let's say Darkcoin, at:

84 Million Max

And DarkCoin has a very active dev.

Air is currently 1.5x the price of DarkCoin. My question is, is Air overvalued, or Dark simply undervalued? Or both? I don't quite get why Air should be at its current price, simply based on mining difficulty -- unless I am overlooking something that contributes to its perceived value.
Pages:
Jump to: