Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 80. (Read 137265 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
DASH is the future of crypto payments!
March 12, 2014, 03:02:03 PM
guys if we want the coin has more hash...more difficulty less coins mined...ut ok....when we hit exchange imedietly put it on coinwarz.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
AIRcoin Alexander
March 12, 2014, 02:57:22 PM
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
“A fool and his money are soon parted”
March 12, 2014, 02:30:43 PM
TheMightyX, just out of curiosity , are you the user hashing away AIRcoins at the OKaypool that goes with the name of.... themightyx?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Vires in Numeris
March 12, 2014, 01:17:02 PM
Wall of text
- Alexander
I won't counter your points as it's getting tiring. I pointed out some concerns in my original post, you wrote a quite eloquent reply addressing everything BUT the main concern. That concern was the matter of recourse, accountability and security for the community in general. Please don't insult me by implying that I am trying to get cheap aircoins by spreading misinformation. As anyone can read in my posts I am not posting false facts or accusations but concerns and my experiences in general. Yes you appear to know your stuff and for all purposes it looks like you will act as you intend to. I mentioned, twice I believe, that I don't think you are malicious in intent (at least not now). I believe you have every intention of going forward with the plan. If I made it seem like a personal attack on you then I apologize. It is only because I feel so strongly about the crypto community that I want it to succeed.

What I think you are failing to realize, which I do find ironic (given your enlightened nature when it comes to the cryptocurrency world) is why I brought up my concerns and continued to do so even after your response. Things were "all fine for awhile" as you put it because I put the matter down hoping that you or your team would step up and volunteer a solution. You did not and continued on like nothing was or is wrong with this whole picture. Hence my continued posting. I spread my time very thinly over the forums so if you don't see me posting here every day it is not because "everything is fine". Saying "if you don't like it you can go somewhere else" is a cop out and you know it.

You have failed to see that you are providing the cryptocurrency community a disservice.
In fact you are a negative influence on the community in general.

Even if you are not malicious, which again I don't believe you are, you are teaching people that it is ok to trust anonymous people with large sums of money on their word, with no recourse should things go wrong.

A lot of the people blindly supporting this project are new to the community or don't know any better. You are teaching them that a centralized manipulative authority is ok. You are also teaching them that it is also ok this authority is run by anonymous people with no oversight or legal framework.

Lets say you are true to your word, indefinitely. What about the next project that comes along, using your model? What if they say "it worked for aircoin so it will work for us as well!", people mine and invest in it. Then what if the developers of that coin turn out to be malicious and dump the coin, killing it and ruining everyones investment of time and money. There would then be some ownness on you, for helping to legitimize a system where these actions can flourish with no recourse.

This is not why we created cryptocurrencies. Believe it or not, they werent just created for everyone to "get rich quick". They were created to solve real-world problems with the financial system and trust-based systems in general. Cryptocurrencies were created as a trustless means of commerce.

These are problems that you are not alleviating but exacerbating.
For someone who wrote a whole paper on the problems with the cryptocurrency community in general I would think that this concern would and should be shared by you. But I guess when you stand to make a lot of money from it, those concerns are not convenient are they? It is also not convenient for anyone else to have those concerns.

Lastly you haven't even told people how much you are going to pay yourself out of this "investment fund". So you will just decide that yourself at a later date I guess?
If the fund is worth 10 million then why not pay yourself 200k a year, hell, lets just make it 300k to be fair Wink
What happens if the people don't like how much you decide to pay yourself?
Fun fact: because you can pay yourself out of the undefined profits listed on a third party exchange (that no one but yourself will have access to) we won't even know how much you end up paying yourself! We will have to take your word.

Progress!
AIRcoin Alexander
March 12, 2014, 01:08:35 PM
Hashrates have spiked to over 260 MH/s, it's likely we'll break a new record by the time we open.

The current difficulty sits at 5.918, putting the mining opportunity price exactly at .002 BTC/AIR or $1.28 USD/AIR @ 640 USD/BTC
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
March 12, 2014, 11:28:34 AM

1% Mining Fee, PPLNS, VARDIFF

We need more miners in this pool

No Withdraw Fees

Come on in and join the mining. This coin is on it's way!!

Activity: 105
Proteus?
March 12, 2014, 10:58:20 AM
Net hashrate is rising.
260MHps already.

Yep, It's increasing rapidly since the announcement of the first confirmed exchange!

I feared this moment would come for a long time Sad Good bye 4.8 difficulty.

We need more hashrate at miningpool.co! It's a great pool which offers a variety of stats and graphs that are really different from the standard pool set up !

I agree, more people should join miningpool.co to redistribute the hash power of the network a bit!  

We are keeping a steady eye (many pairs of steady eyes) on Poloniex's current state due to recent events involving deposit security concerns.  For those who are not aware of the issue, you may read about and comment about it (as per the helpful link provided earlier in the thread by sussex) here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=499580.680 Smiley
Activity: 157
March 12, 2014, 10:46:35 AM
Net hashrate is rising.
260MHps already.

Yep, It's increasing rapidly since the announcement of the first confirmed exchange!

We need more hashrate at miningpool.co ! It's a great pool which offers a variety of stats and graphs that are really different from the standard pool set up !

I mined AIRcoin since day one. Had to stop mining for a few days, but yesterday I pointed my rig at AIRcoin again...sorry for the sudden diff. increase  Wink On the other hand, you have to see the positive aspect of a high diff.: AIRcoin is gaining attention and by hitting an exchange, we now know we weren't only mining nothing but the hot, thin air our rigs are producing  Grin
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
March 12, 2014, 10:44:02 AM
Code:
Est Next Difficulty 	7.46168738 (Change in 79 Blocks)

People seem to notice the coin and are getting on the train. I expect a huge rise in difficulty soon.
Activity: 101
March 12, 2014, 09:55:09 AM
Net hashrate is rising.
260MHps already.

We need more hashrate at miningpool.co ! It's a great pool which offers a variety of stats and graphs that are really different from the standard pool set up !
Activity: 146
March 12, 2014, 09:20:43 AM
Net hashrate is rising.
260MHps already.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
March 12, 2014, 08:53:51 AM
Hi, willing to trade 2060 AIR for 2.06 BTC @ 0.001BTC/AIR

First person to publicly reply on the forum WINS.

Happy to trade in small increments such as the schedule below...

AIR   BTC
30   0.03
40   0.04
90   0.09
100   0.1
200   0.2
200   0.2
400   0.4
500   0.5
500   0.5

cheers,

nethyb.

Offer still stands - selling 2060 AIR for 2.06BTC - first to reply gets a bargain...
March 12, 2014, 06:53:08 AM
yep..back to normal  Grin
Activity: 56
March 12, 2014, 06:35:02 AM
OKaypool not finding blocks or just a software glitch? last block found is 17865 and we are now at block 17899, so 34 blocks, that cant be right since this pool is doing more than half  total nethash.

Just the usual "very busy" for one hour calculating Rewards-glitch ... they love the thrill over there....
March 12, 2014, 06:16:37 AM
OKaypool not finding blocks or just a software glitch? last block found is 17865 and we are now at block 17899, so 34 blocks, that cant be right since this pool is doing more than half  total nethash.
Activity: 210
March 12, 2014, 04:06:04 AM
awesome coin. love everything about it. the concept is sensational, well done!
Activity: 56
March 11, 2014, 08:49:24 PM
I've been mining this off and on for a while..Hope it can hit an exchange soon becuase it feels like I'm currently mining at a pretty big loss.

I don't have faith in many coins but the dev's seem fully committed. Not sure why a couple of guys are having a go at them, They've clearly put 100x more thought into this coin than I've seen come out of the vast, vast majority of clones.

This community is crying out for new idea's but truth be told if the dev's can achieve their plan of having a steadily increasing exchange rate then I think that will attract alot of attention. We are all just greedy bastards after all  Grin
Activity: 658
March 11, 2014, 08:36:02 PM

This is one of the reasons we are still testing on Poloniex, and not launching immediately.

I'm really suggesting that an exchange that has just been hacked is going to be in some turmoil and have a lot on their plate.

Busoni seems very honest and personable, but he may be out of his depth.
AIRcoin Alexander
March 11, 2014, 07:34:16 PM

This is one of the reasons we are still testing on Poloniex, and not launching immediately.
Activity: 658
March 11, 2014, 06:55:51 PM
Pages:
Jump to: