Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 87. (Read 137265 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 06, 2014, 12:06:59 AM
Quick question to miners.. Do you prefer Proportional or PPLNS payout system in a pool, and why? We are willing to listen to miners when it comes to our pool.air.carbonshark.com

PPLNS

means the 24hr miners /people who stick to the pool get better payouts haha
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
March 05, 2014, 11:37:09 PM
Quick question to miners.. Do you prefer Proportional or PPLNS payout system in a pool, and why? We are willing to listen to miners when it comes to our pool.air.carbonshark.com

1% Mining Fee, PPLNS, VARDIFF

We need more miners in this pool

No Withdraw Fees

Come on in and join the mining. This coin is on it's way!!

Activity: 98
March 05, 2014, 11:01:04 PM
wow hash rate is climbing nice and steady!

i need to get back on it ASAP... just gotta hit my 10m zeitcoin goal haha
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
March 05, 2014, 10:37:46 PM
I had that problem on the windows wallet... I assume there is a database-check that goes on, without telling you, which stalls the downloading. Eventually, it continued, and quickly pulled a bigger list of peers.

Chances are, you got to the end, on the chain, and picked-up one partial bad block from someone who didn't have the update. All wallets seem to have issues not being able to go backwards through the database, and remove blocks, in order to go forward again. (That is one of those situations where you have to delete the whole damn database, and download it again. Or, restore from a backup which was more complete, but did not contain the fork-block itself, or any other forward-blocks on that fork.)

That, is one thing the devs can look into. Since no wallet, to date, has been able to do that. (It sees the other fork, which is longer/taller or more-populated, but it never joins it. Or it does, but never rebuilds from the point of the fork. Causes YOU to be rejected by the network, and you to reject them for failing to accept you. Tongue Each thinks the other is "misbehaving". Returning you to the bad fork, or leaving you alone with others who are all stuck at the same point.)
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
March 05, 2014, 07:47:32 PM
I love these developers.
Keep it up!
This is what makes a coin unique and worth investing in.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
March 05, 2014, 07:20:13 PM
Can you guys please hook me up with more nodes ? I can't sync this fucker up beyond node 9114. Tried uninstalling, tried different machines, forwarding ports, even created a hotspot with my mobile phone. No dice.

I do have 4 connections to the network.

I mined quite a few of these coins but I cannot get my friggin wallet synced. It's driving me nuts. I've rarely have this much problems with a wallet....

We already addressed your issue back on page 19, it's the only problem that any users have reported (your post is the only one that has had trouble getting the wallet to sync since the update) about the wallet thus far and sounds exactly like the problem you are having. If you have already tried this and it didn't work, then we can offer better advice knowing that it wasn't this problem.

Our answer from page 19 is below:

My wallet doesnt seem to want to sync, it keeps saying "22 hours to catch up" I do have a connection to the network.

Did you update to 3.6.2 KGW?

http://teamaircoin.org/download/

Wallets that did not update to KGW will not be able to sync beyond a point close to block 9108. So far, this update has been the only replicatable problem we've had with wallets not being able to sync, so it is most likely that. Part of this was our fault for the lack of clarity around the release.

Otherwise, if you are certain it can be recommended that you delete your blocks, chainstate, and database folders (if you have a database folder) and then open the .exe again and let it attempt to re-sync from block 1.

Yeah I know and you  PM'ed me too, which is much appreciated but alas, to no avail.
I've installed dozens of wallets and have never run into this before. That I'm the only one reporting this is even more puzzling. Oh well. I guess AIRcoin is not to be for me. Those couple of hundred coins are lost then. Unless someone wants to buy my wallet .dat, lol

I'm on it.  It seems one of the developers using AIRCOINDEV O has tried to solve this before, so I'll take a look at it using those notes.  Check your PM in 2 minutes please.

-- Proteus, Lead Developer
Activity: 70
AIRcoin Alexander
March 05, 2014, 07:03:22 PM
Can you guys please hook me up with more nodes ? I can't sync this fucker up beyond node 9114. Tried uninstalling, tried different machines, forwarding ports, even created a hotspot with my mobile phone. No dice.

I mined quite a few of these coins but I cannot get my friggin wallet synced. It's driving me nuts. I've rarely have this much problems with a wallet....

We already addressed your issue back on page 19, it's the only problem that any users have reported (your post is the only one that has had trouble getting the wallet to sync since the update) about the wallet thus far and sounds exactly like the problem you are having. If you have already tried this and it didn't work, then we can offer better advice knowing that it wasn't this problem.

My wallet doesnt seem to want to sync, it keeps saying "22 hours to catch up" I do have a connection to the network.

Wallets that did not update to KGW will not be able to sync beyond a point close to block 9108. So far, this update has been the only replicatable problem we've had with wallets not being able to sync, so it is most likely that. Part of this was our fault for the lack of clarity around the release.

Otherwise, if you are certain it can be recommended that you delete your blocks, chainstate, and database folders (if you have a database folder) and then open the .exe again and let it attempt to re-sync from block 1.

Yeah I know and you  PM'ed me too, which is much appreciated but alas, to no avail.
I've installed dozens of wallets and have never run into this before. That I'm the only one reporting this is even more puzzling. Oh well. I guess AIRcoin is not to be for me. Those couple of hundred coins are lost then. Unless someone wants to buy my wallet .dat, lol

What system are you using? Did you delete the blocks, chainstate, and database folders and then open the .exe again to let it completely resync? It may be worth attempt to recompile your own wallet.

We have developers who will work with you to make sure you can sync. I'm having one of them PM you now so, if my general advice doesn't work, he can be more specific.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
March 05, 2014, 07:01:07 PM

Yeah I know and you  PM'ed me too, which is much appreciated but alas, to no avail.
AIRcoin Alexander
March 05, 2014, 06:50:17 PM

It sounds like you need to update to the KGW (Kimoto's Gravity Well) wallet, the non-KGW wallet stops syncing close to Block 9108.

We addressed this issue back on page 19, it's the only problem that any users have reported (your post is the only one that has had trouble getting the wallet to sync since the update) about the wallet thus far and sounds exactly like the problem you are having. If you have already tried this and it didn't work, then we can offer better advice knowing that it wasn't this problem.

You can download the KGW wallet here: http://teamaircoin.org/download/

legendary
March 05, 2014, 06:45:39 PM
I have been waiting for the mac wallet for too many days now

Why no support for MacOS?

dont worry it will arrive!

With this nethashrate.... which is still growing havving the coins is like the gold guys.... I keep all my coins... but can selll at 7$ too some....

People are getting greedy if the 7$ is not a joke! Still looking to buy some AIRcoin @ rates around 0.00075 or lower for bulk .
The devs are estimating at least a 0.00115 initial exchange rate.

EDIT: So, at the current difficulty, assuming a return of 0.01 BTC/Mh/day, it's already valued at close to 0.002 BTC/AIR, a.k.a. ~$1.34 going off of current BitStamp prices. So yes, sellers are heavily overvaluing this coin. Which isn't a problem if you're a miner haha.

I'll sell 100 for .2 BTC as soon as I can acces my fortune, hahaha
legendary
March 05, 2014, 06:43:50 PM

AIRcoin Alexander
March 05, 2014, 06:00:53 PM

When? Where is the Mac developer? Please tell me, is there an official Eta?

I just asked that yesterday, got a super quick response:

Any word on the Mac wallet? I just started mining, but I don't have anywhere to put the coins.

Mac wallet should be released in 1-2 days.

It's here! Smiley

I am happy to announce that the MACOSX wallet is (finally) ready. You can download the wallet at http://teamaircoin.org/download/

Sorry for the long wait. Enjoy!
Awesome, glad to see a dev team live up to their word for once. You guys also said it's hitting an exchange in the next couple days. Any new updates on that front? Just from the sentiment on this thread, demand seems to be picking up.

Getting onto a qualified exchange (one that we feel is strong enough for us to provide market services for) is moving slower than expected. If the increasing amount of on-forum transactions can keep people sated, we may use the opportunity to help improve our trading infrastructure ahead of time.

But I can assure you, every additional day it takes for us to reach an exchange is spent improving both our end and the services of the coin for the users, as long as we maintain this and add onto it, a delay onto an exchange would not devalue the coins.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
March 05, 2014, 05:57:10 PM

Any word on the Mac wallet? I just started mining, but I don't have anywhere to put the coins.

It's here! Smiley

I am happy to announce that the MACOSX wallet is (finally) ready. You can download the wallet at http://teamaircoin.org/download/

Awesome, glad to see a dev team live up to their word for once. You guys also said it's hitting an exchange in the next couple days. Any new updates on that front? Just from the sentiment on this thread, demand seems to be picking up.
Activity: 572
March 05, 2014, 05:44:20 PM
If anyone is interested in buying some AIRcoin's let me know, willing to sell 50 at this stage and will keep the rest.
Activity: 126
March 05, 2014, 05:35:54 PM
It's here! Smiley

Smiley Smiley Smiley  wooow lucky! no problem, thank you so. awesome team, please continue like that

edit; syncs fine, now I can finally transfer my coins over to my imac.

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
March 05, 2014, 05:32:48 PM

It's here! Smiley

March 05, 2014, 05:08:16 PM

March 05, 2014, 05:06:43 PM

With this nethashrate.... which is still growing havving the coins is like the gold guys.... I keep all my coins... but can selll at 7$ too some....

People are getting greedy if the 7$ is not a joke! Still looking to buy some AIRcoin @ rates around 0.00075 or lower for bulk .
The devs are estimating at least a 0.00115 initial exchange rate.

EDIT: So, at the current difficulty, assuming a return of 0.01 BTC/Mh/day, it's already valued at close to 0.002 BTC/AIR, a.k.a. ~$1.34 going off of current BitStamp prices. So yes, sellers are heavily overvaluing this coin. Which isn't a problem if you're a miner haha.
Activity: 532
March 05, 2014, 04:45:41 PM

Activity: 126
March 05, 2014, 04:42:33 PM

Pages:
Jump to: