Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 90. (Read 137265 times)

Activity: 821
Merit: 1000
March 04, 2014, 04:06:48 PM
This is one of those coins you just wish you had got into during the early days.....
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Proteus?
March 04, 2014, 03:20:48 PM
I also like this coin quite a bit.

As for exchange markets, what is the time frame? No rush obviously.  

It looks like within the next 1-2 weeks, but if an opportunity arises that would benefit the coin on an exchange after this time period, the AIA will wait the extra-time needed to improve the coin's launch.

EDIT: AIRcoin's post, 2 replies down.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
March 04, 2014, 12:53:57 PM
{
"blocks" : 12293,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 4.08535308,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 203551815,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}
Activity: 70
AIRcoin Alexander
March 04, 2014, 12:48:41 PM
Hashrates just broke 200MH/S.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
March 04, 2014, 12:37:02 PM
Aircoin has been added to MiningPool.co!

https://www.miningpool.co

Features:
--------------

1% Fee
Dedicated Aircoin stratum server = Aircoin only on the server.
Custom made front and back end - not MPOS
Vardiff Statum
5 minute payouts

For those of you that have used the pool before please enable Aircoin on your dashboard from the settings page.

Happy Mining!!

Smiley
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
March 04, 2014, 12:27:21 PM
We always have people who can't wait to dump them coins. I really hate that. Tongue
March 04, 2014, 12:20:40 PM
So where do we sell aircoin? We only sell on forums? c'mon guys really?

I think we should give the team a little bit more time to sort this out.

This coin catches my eyes because I feel like these guys know what they are doing.

My understanding of the proposal is that this operates like a mutual fund or an IPO. We invest our hashpower to the network and when there is a bullish trend in their portfolio, we get a piece of the profit through the increase of value in aircoin (when the team adjust the price on an exchange).

So the exchange is actually the most important part of this coin. They need an exchange that is flexible to the team's trading needs as well as price adjustment on aircoin, or else, this is just another scrypt coin.

I will be patiently waiting for your decisions on an exchange, Aircoin team.

No need to rush from the pressure, just do the best you can. I trust you with my hash power for now.
Activity: 266
“A fool and his money are soon parted”
March 04, 2014, 11:59:15 AM
Really
Activity: 263
March 04, 2014, 10:18:24 AM
So where do we sell aircoin? We only sell on forums? c'mon guys really?
AIRcoin Alexander
March 04, 2014, 10:08:10 AM
I have started a BUY/SELL thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5504479

We do have a (yet unused) marketplace on our own forum: http://teamaircoin.org/forums/forum/market-place/ also.

What do you mean by different versions? Something like Bitcoin/Litecoin, where one coin is "gold" and the other "silver"?

P.S: I want to thank the Dev-Team for the professionalism and the energy you put in EVERY post here in this thread. I've never seen this kind of commitment from other Devs. You really take the doubts of the Aircoin community serious, and answer all our questions! The politeness of this community also baffles me. Thank you all! It's always a pleasure to visit this thread and to read all the posts.

Yes, something like the Bitcoin / Litecoin relationship.
Activity: 770
March 04, 2014, 09:43:40 AM
I have started a BUY/SELL thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5504479
Activity: 157
March 04, 2014, 07:58:15 AM
@Teamaircoin:

I'm not sure if this question already came up somewhere in the past 20 pages ... so: why didn't you choose some fancy algo or some POS ingredient to the asset? To keep things simple (in terms of avoiding POS) or to even attract ASICS in the near future?

Regards

Initially, simplicity. Our time and energy is spent on the economics of the coin, and we didn't feel that (at least at launch) the effort and complexity put forth in a POS system would have significantly improved the economics of the coin. Instituting such a system (especially if Scrypt ASICs move in faster than we anticipate, we believe we'll be able to adapt the code earlier) is not out of the question though.

In the longer term (months), adopting to a more environmentally-friendly or economically viable POS system may be advantageous.

As my question did cover POS and alternative Algos also and your answer didn't clearly reflect on the second:

If I got you right, you do consider moving on to a Proof-Of-Stake AND/OR a different Mining-Algo (Scrypt-N, SHA-3) also, if this gives advantage to the project as a whole?

It is said that both this options can be applied to an existing coin afterwards forcing a hard-fork, but if I think about it no example where this actually really happened comes to my mind, not counting "blockchain-resets" ala Memorycoin.

Regards

Depending on the effectiveness of this coin, we may launch different versions alongside it or run more experiments with the code, and both Proof of Stake and special algorithms are on our "to-do" list of experimentation. However, these are not high priorities with the code right now, but are future plans.

What do you mean by different versions? Something like Bitcoin/Litecoin, where one coin is "gold" and the other "silver"?

P.S: I want to thank the Dev-Team for the professionalism and the energy you put in EVERY post here in this thread. I've never seen this kind of commitment from other Devs. You really take the doubts of the Aircoin community serious, and answer all our questions! The politeness of this community also baffles me. Thank you all! It's always a pleasure to visit this thread and to read all the posts.
Activity: 770
March 04, 2014, 07:15:30 AM
Interesting coin.
AIRcoin Alexander
March 04, 2014, 07:13:09 AM
@Teamaircoin:

I'm not sure if this question already came up somewhere in the past 20 pages ... so: why didn't you choose some fancy algo or some POS ingredient to the asset? To keep things simple (in terms of avoiding POS) or to even attract ASICS in the near future?

Regards

Initially, simplicity. Our time and energy is spent on the economics of the coin, and we didn't feel that (at least at launch) the effort and complexity put forth in a POS system would have significantly improved the economics of the coin. Instituting such a system (especially if Scrypt ASICs move in faster than we anticipate, we believe we'll be able to adapt the code earlier) is not out of the question though.

In the longer term (months), adopting to a more environmentally-friendly or economically viable POS system may be advantageous.

As my question did cover POS and alternative Algos also and your answer didn't clearly reflect on the second:

If I got you right, you do consider moving on to a Proof-Of-Stake AND/OR a different Mining-Algo (Scrypt-N, SHA-3) also, if this gives advantage to the project as a whole?

It is said that both this options can be applied to an existing coin afterwards forcing a hard-fork, but if I think about it no example where this actually really happened comes to my mind, not counting "blockchain-resets" ala Memorycoin.

Regards

Depending on the effectiveness of this coin, we may launch different versions alongside it or run more experiments with the code, and both Proof of Stake and special algorithms are on our "to-do" list of experimentation. However, these are not high priorities with the code right now, but are future plans.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 04, 2014, 06:55:52 AM
@Teamaircoin:

Regards

Regards

AIRcoin Alexander
March 04, 2014, 05:56:54 AM
@Teamaircoin:

Regards

Activity: 56
March 04, 2014, 03:46:18 AM
@Teamaircoin:

Regards

Activity: 658
March 04, 2014, 03:13:16 AM
If anybody is still mining on CtrlAltDefeated for this coin, please be advised that the pool owner has made off with all of my auroracoins and has not responded to any of my messages, public or private.

Good luck.

Just two minutes ago, I manually withdrew my 14 AIR from the pool to my wallet no problem at all.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Vires in Numeris
March 04, 2014, 02:21:50 AM

Wall of text

- Alexander

I appreciate the amount of thought put into your reply.
It shows that your team is not flying by the seat of their pants, and has taken the time to plan and prepare.
All though I still have doubts, I know it is impossible to dispel them. I will be investing a small amount into aircoin and following its progress.
Activity: 7
March 04, 2014, 01:22:07 AM
If anybody is still mining on CtrlAltDefeated for this coin, please be advised that the pool owner has made off with all of my auroracoins and has not responded to any of my messages, public or private.

Good luck.
Pages:
Jump to: