Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 93. (Read 137265 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
AIRcoin Alexander
March 02, 2014, 07:55:50 AM
The developers of this coin fancy themselves the federal reserve of this cryptocurrency.

Instead of putting our faith in the world banks we should put our faith in some anonymous shmucks on the internet?

Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire...

I'm right here. Please tell me what you dislike, how you would do it better, and any other questions you have that I can answer. I think calling the development team a "federal reserve" is extremely inaccurate, but I want to know why you made that claim. If you don't like our coin, but want to take the time to make a claim against it, then I hope that you would also take the time to express your opinions in full. Would you mind replying with more details?

-Alexander
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Vires in Numeris
March 02, 2014, 07:44:21 AM
The developers of this coin fancy themselves the federal reserve of this cryptocurrency.

Instead of putting our faith in the world banks we should put our faith in some anonymous shmucks on the internet?

Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire...
AIRcoin Alexander
March 02, 2014, 07:11:18 AM
{
"blocks" : 10608,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 3.17165186,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 117463605,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

Highest difficulty recorded. Opportunity price for that difficulty is at .00105 BTC/AIR, or $0.609 USD/AIR.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
March 02, 2014, 07:07:06 AM
{
"blocks" : 10608,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 3.17165186,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 117463605,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}
AIRcoin Alexander
March 02, 2014, 01:35:14 AM
pitythepool down?

my workers are still working

but the website is not.

It's good for me but i had troubles with the website too yesterday, till your workers are working there is no problems.

hopefully...

also, my wallet won't sync past block 9114, any fix for that?

Close the .exe.  Delete the blocks, chainstate, and db.log files/folders in your AppData/Roaming/AIRcoin folder.  Then restart the .exe.

really? that bad?

ugh i hate wallets that do this, i'm sick of wasting so many GB/month on various coins doing this.

That's about the same block that the Block Explorer couldn't sync past when it had yet to be updated to the KGW wallet, it may be worth updating to the wallet again.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
March 02, 2014, 12:53:26 AM
pitythepool down?

but the website is not.

It's good for me but i had troubles with the website too yesterday, till your workers are working there is no problems.

hopefully...

Close the .exe.  Delete the blocks, chainstate, and db.log files/folders in your AppData/Roaming/AIRcoin folder.  Then restart the .exe.

really? that bad?

ugh i hate wallets that do this, i'm sick of wasting so many GB/month on various coins doing this.

You may also try just re-downloading the wallet.
Activity: 98
March 02, 2014, 12:40:10 AM
pitythepool down?

but the website is not.

hopefully...

really? that bad?

Activity: 16
March 02, 2014, 12:19:07 AM
Hey guys!

I'd like to announce that the Block Explorer is currently LIVE! You can access it via our website http://www.teamaircoin.org/explorer

Happy Exploring! Wink

Best,
-Aether
Activity: 105
Proteus?
March 01, 2014, 11:52:27 PM
pitythepool down?

but the website is not.

hopefully...

March 01, 2014, 11:48:11 PM
pitythepool down?

but the website is not.

hopefully...

Activity: 7
March 01, 2014, 11:38:48 PM
pitythepool down?

but the website is not.

March 01, 2014, 11:26:44 PM
pitythepool down?

but the website is not.
Activity: 13
March 01, 2014, 09:57:07 PM
http://arxiv.org/abs/1203.4740

http://excelhonour.com/read/quantum-money-from-hidden-subspaces-scott-aaronson-231561/

We should be humbled to be living in a time like this.  You thought crypto-currency was interesting now?    Lips sealed

-- Proteus, AIRcoin Lead Developer
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
March 01, 2014, 09:36:02 PM
Nice steady growth again...

Hash-rate difficulty-adjustment jumped-up to 177K (2.7008056640625 Diff)

Still worthy to solo-mine with 3MHs or higher, but getting harder by the day.

Block 10292, Time 8:35PM (GMT -5), 18 nodes connected.
(Roughly only 16% rejects with a 64-workload size. Might be less for those with 256-workloads)
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
March 01, 2014, 08:45:30 PM
Hey guys,

I must apologize for pulling the stratum down last night. I was asked to open an auroracoin pool due to the current pool list being under heavy strain. Within about 2 hours of putting it up I had reached 350 workers and a hashrate of 800MH/s which put my server under some strain. I only started hosting servers looking to support some of the smaller coins and didn't anticipate the explosion that happened (Now know how Blizzard and EA feel).

At any rate I have contacted my host and upgrade is on the cards. Stratum is now back up and everything looks to be running well.

Again I apologise and have set fee's back to 0 for everyone. I would like to mention that cron's were running and you should have been able to withdraw your coins at any point should you have wished to do so.

air.ctrlaltdefeated.us

Website down but mining is unaffected, correct?
AIRcoin Alexander
March 01, 2014, 06:50:32 PM

This negotiation with the exchanges is confusing me, how are you turning down offers? The exchanges don't need the dev's permission or cooperation to start trading, they only need the wallet. Many coins end up on exchanges as a complete surprise to the devs. Why is Aircoin treated differently?

Technically, no, we can't stop exchanges from trading AIR. But we can also not support exchanges that we think are engaging in money laundering, are not reputable, may not be around in a month, or we think will crash frequently. And, for you, opening on the first exchange that wants us, versus the best exchange we can get, could mean the difference between .0001 BTC/AIR and .001 BTC/AIR.

So, the obvious answer is this: AIRcoin is the only currency that's success is contingent on sound economic maintenance resulting in stable growth. Some coins use the code exclusively for this (destructive coins), some coins use media for this, but we are the only one that uses trading according to economic formulas.

But the less obvious, and more accurate answer, is this: Our team, the creators of AIRcoin, are different. We have, in our skills sets, the ability to do things, like create an exchange launch, that is above and beyond the expectations of most coins have. To not use those abilities to help our coin would be a waste of our knowledge. That is what makes AIRcoin different. As long as we have the power to do something unique, innovative, effective, and impressive, even if it means waiting a little bit longer, we're going to do it.

Any update on the block explorer ETA?? Last I read was release in a few days, -  that was a few days ago I think.

The block explorer was finished earlier today, however, the developer needs to update it to the new wallet and had some trouble compiling, putting it about 1000 blocks behind (this is why we test things carefully before releasing them immediately!). So it will definitely be finished today, and will likely be finished with in a few hours. This is one of the very few (in fact, the only) thing our development team has had to outsource, so we've had to be patient to make sure it will be done right.

Whats the value of aircoin atm?

Current difficulty pegs miners mining at an opportunity price of 0.000855 BTC/AIR, or $0.487 USD/AIR. This is very, very close to our goal of $0.50 USD/AIR, which is what we hoped to open on an exchange at. This looks like a very realistic possibility.
Activity: 68
March 01, 2014, 05:32:41 PM
Whats the value of aircoin atm?
Activity: 281
March 01, 2014, 04:49:56 PM
over 1 hr 12min since last block on carbonshark?

Looks like a block soon after your comment..

Eight since your post
March 01, 2014, 04:47:26 PM
Latest update: min471 found us two blocks in 2 minutes.... nice

Carbonshark pool 26.6% in the last hour...
March 01, 2014, 04:00:21 PM
over 1 hr 12min since last block on carbonshark?

Looks like a block soon after your comment..
Pages:
Jump to: