Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 97. (Read 137265 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
February 28, 2014, 04:24:20 AM
One is linux-compile, one is windows-compile?
Activity: 532
February 28, 2014, 04:21:30 AM
Is there a problem with the github repository?

Are you unable to clone to desktop?  Is the file too large?  Do one of the Git commands not function properly?  PM me (or of course feel free to post here) if so.

Okay so I've built from source twice now and still on version 80602

"version" : 80602,
    "protocolversion" : 70002,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0,
    "blocks" : 8873,
    "timeoffset" : -1,
    "connections" : 5,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 1.98886225,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1393380279,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00001000,
    "errors" : ""

Also I believe leveldb/build_detect_platform has the wrong permissions.

You are using the correct version, we (I) didn't revise the number.  The notes from the Litecoin devs indicates some sort of voodoo magic about this change, and indeed trying to change it once the coin had already launched caused all sorts of syncing problems (part of the reason it took so long to get everything to you guys).

I built from the source at Github as well - I am getting version 080701 :
{
    "version" : 80701,
    "blocks" : 8929,
    "timeoffset" : -253,
    "keypoololdest" : 1393457454,
}

Now I'm confused . . .
February 28, 2014, 04:21:02 AM
No, the difficulty mismatch I was talking about, was when the old wallet existed with the new one, and the new one starts adjusting per-block, while the old one keeps thinking 130K is the "new diff", but the diff is actually "95K", or whatever, when the gravity-well adjustments start. (Not the diffs now)

* Diffs stated are what the miner reports, not scrypt-diff... (Divide by 65536 for scrypt-diff)

That was, I assume, why the test-version went buggy with an actual new version number, and those unexpected diffs, on the running-chain. (Has happened before, on conversions like this. I just forget which coin I was on, when this happened.)

Once the diff-adjusts start going, for all of us, you should be able to change the version, internally, without issue. (Once this locked daily-diff is over.)
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Proteus?
February 28, 2014, 03:53:55 AM
To reiterate, https://github.com/Allied-Investors-Association/AIRcoin is the proper Source, in the master branch.  This should be where everyone rebuilt the pools from.  There shouldn't be mismatched difficulties, but I'll take a look.  I'm getting:

{
"blocks" : 8912,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 66879848,
"pooledtx" : 1,
"testnet" : false
}
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
February 28, 2014, 03:52:59 AM
Shhh, that is our secret to getting all the first coins... tell the whole world and diff rises to 10.5 and our reward goes from 80 a day to 0.01 a day... Tongue

Once this hits coinwarz or coinchoose... (after being valued on an exchange), it will turn into every-other-coin quickly, before it settles-in to a nice foundation.

Wallet updated... waiting for the cross-over block now. (Still says v0.8.6.2-gda10b75-beta, in the "About AIRcoin" menu.)

Hope that doesn't make the network reject the blocks/client... internally it shows the same too. While running in the info.

But the zip-file has the correct version, so I think I am good... unless he packed the wrong one. I'll find out in about 300 more blocks! lol

the same to me.....

DEV O packaged the right wallet, he just apparently forgot to rename them. As long as you downloaded the 0.8.7.1 .zip file, then you are on the updated wallet!
February 28, 2014, 03:36:18 AM
Makes sense, since the diff will be altered... once we are all on that version with the gravity-well, it shouldn't be an issue for future updates...

I think this should have actually been a "hard-fork" update, at the core. To avoid that block-reject issue, or getwork issue. (I assume it is that, due to the mismatched diffs.)

Only 200 more blocks left... hurry-up... I want to be awake when it hits... lol... Throw 600MHs at the coin!

Cool, I almost have 2000 coins already. Can I buy a Tesla with that, or another solowheel?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2PATMZFEJo

Solowheel, the official transportation of AIRcoin... It is like riding on AIR!

Yes, there is no handle...
Yes, we have no bananas...

Time flies like an arrow...
Fruit flies like a banana...

(Fruit-flies) (like a banana) <--- Highlight for Ah-ha moment...
Activity: 28
February 28, 2014, 03:34:46 AM

Are you unable to clone to desktop?  Is the file too large?  Do one of the Git commands not function properly?  PM me (or of course feel free to post here) if so.

You are using the correct version, we (I) didn't revise the number.  The notes from the Litecoin devs indicates some sort of voodoo magic about this change, and indeed trying to change it once the coin had already launched caused all sorts of syncing problems (part of the reason it took so long to get everything to you guys).

Alright so pool wallet should be fine?
Activity: 616
Merit: 251
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 28, 2014, 03:33:34 AM
I am super impressed by you guys. Seriously, kudos to your professionalism.

When I first met these guys I was impressed with their professionalism as well. It's one thing to be talented, but it's another thing entirely to be both talented and professional. Our mix of skills and attitudes makes us quite a force.

I am proud to be on Team AIRcoin. But even more than that, I am grateful for having the opportunity to work with these guys. We have put a lot of thought and planning into this coin to ensure that it will be a smashing success. We won't be able to do it alone--we need a community of like-minded people that want to see cryptocurrency technology take the next step into sustainability and acceptance--but I know that we can do it. And given the recent explosion of altcoins that exist only to be dumped and the failure of Mt. Gox, I hope that I am right. If cryptocurrencies lose legitimacy now, it might set us back years. We are here to stop that from happening.

The immense amount of planning that has been done definitely shows. Our team at Altcoin Authority is planning on helping promote Aircoin, this amazing coin definitely needs to be seen by the world.

Anyways, I'm heading to bed. It was extremely nice chatting/meeting you guys, we will be in touch.  Smiley
Proteus?
February 28, 2014, 03:30:16 AM

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
February 28, 2014, 03:27:14 AM
This is head and shoulders above 99% of other altcoins.

Exactly what's needed in the flood of silly currencies - seroius one.

I know it'll catch soon and people will jump in, but I quietly hope to mine at this low diff as long as possible Wink
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
DASH is the future of crypto payments!
February 28, 2014, 03:25:42 AM
Shhh, that is our secret to getting all the first coins... tell the whole world and diff rises to 10.5 and our reward goes from 80 a day to 0.01 a day... Tongue

Once this hits coinwarz or coinchoose... (after being valued on an exchange), it will turn into every-other-coin quickly, before it settles-in to a nice foundation.

Wallet updated... waiting for the cross-over block now. (Still says v0.8.6.2-gda10b75-beta, in the "About AIRcoin" menu.)

Hope that doesn't make the network reject the blocks/client... internally it shows the same too. While running in the info.

But the zip-file has the correct version, so I think I am good... unless he packed the wrong one. I'll find out in about 300 more blocks! lol

the same to me.....
Activity: 4
February 28, 2014, 03:01:58 AM

When I first met these guys I was impressed with their professionalism as well. It's one thing to be talented, but it's another thing entirely to be both talented and professional. Our mix of skills and attitudes makes us quite a force.

I am proud to be on Team AIRcoin. But even more than that, I am grateful for having the opportunity to work with these guys. We have put a lot of thought and planning into this coin to ensure that it will be a smashing success. We won't be able to do it alone--we need a community of like-minded people that want to see cryptocurrency technology take the next step into sustainability and acceptance--but I know that we can do it. And given the recent explosion of altcoins that exist only to be dumped and the failure of Mt. Gox, I hope that I am right. If cryptocurrencies lose legitimacy now, it might set us back years. We are here to stop that from happening.
Activity: 28
February 28, 2014, 02:49:47 AM

Activity: 42
February 28, 2014, 02:41:49 AM
Thank you for the compliments! We're a small team of dedicated individuals trying to bring this vision into reality. Check us out on our forums: http://teamaircoin.org/forums/topic/forum-rules/

Joined!
FYI- The confirmation email landed in my inbox, but the username/password email ended up in my junk folder.
Proteus?
February 28, 2014, 02:32:00 AM

Activity: 616
Merit: 251
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 28, 2014, 02:28:37 AM
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
February 28, 2014, 02:26:33 AM
Activity: 16
February 28, 2014, 02:26:08 AM
I'm seriously impressed. TWO developers just responded to a question in under ten minutes.. I've never seen that before. You guys definitely know your stuff and you definitely mean business. Smiley

Thank you for the compliments! We're a small team of dedicated individuals trying to bring this vision into reality. Check us out on our forums: http://teamaircoin.org/forums/topic/forum-rules/
Activity: 9
February 28, 2014, 02:25:37 AM

Thanks for the reply, so cool.

Aircoin is the epitome of what is needed in the altcoin industry. I'd love to help out with promotion, my community would go nuts for this coin.  Smiley

I completely agree with AltcoinAuthority and I'm trying to promote as well.

Thanks for lending a hand! It's up to us in the community to do make sure our coin reaches its full potential.
Activity: 42
February 28, 2014, 02:15:46 AM
Is difficulty and block reward inversely related? This seems super cool, just don't have the time at the moment to read all the specs. An answer would be much appreciated.  Smiley

Block reward is constant, it's just that difficulty increasing makes it harder for an individual to get a block.  If you get one though, you will always get the same amount of coins (3.72 AIR, unless you happen to get a bonus  + 0.001 AIR from redistributed security fees).  As difficulty climbs, you'll need to join a pool (even if you have monstrous hashpower, which just allows you to mine AIR longer solo), which pretty much just gives you the reward you would get on your own based on the pool's settings, except it's not an all-or-nothing deal.  With a pool, you can get part of a block as a reward, which in a sense, is kind of like altering the block reward.

More succinctly, block reward is flat, currently. Block reward and exchange rate, in future versions, will be inversely related once it has been proven on an exchange.
[/quote]

I'm seriously impressed. TWO developers just responded to a question in under ten minutes.. I've never seen that before. You guys definitely know your stuff and you definitely mean business. Smiley

Thanks for the reply, so cool.

Aircoin is the epitome of what is needed in the altcoin industry. I'd love to help out with promotion, my community would go nuts for this coin.  Smiley

I completely agree with AltcoinAuthority and I'm trying to promote as well.
Pages:
Jump to: