Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ALAX - The Blockchain Game Platform for Emerging Markets - page 70. (Read 75351 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
I like when games and blockchain is togerher Smiley looks fun

the best part is that the blockchain could really determine the ownership of in game items and make the transfer from one player to the other easier and without risks

I'm not sure how this will impact in ownership. How will it be able to check that people is installing the game on different computers?

There will be some kind of mechanism to check the ownership.

When someone sends you a token, you own it. No need special software to check it, just check your address
I think the person wanted to clarify the procedure KYC, you will need to pass it to participate in the ICO or to obtain the purchased coins, or not?

I dont think that they are talking about the KYC procedures or else, ownership of in game items can be determined by the private keys or else maybe? (I m just thinking loudly:) )
If they would apply KYC procedures to determine ownership of items this would be extremely inconvenient
personally i would don't like if the kyc will be necessary to buy in game items or to participate in the ico...

KYC won't be necessary for purchasing games and apps in the store but may be mandatory for TGE participants.

Yes, it will be make no sense if for buying games and apps we have to do kyc first. KYC during the token sale will be okay!
KYC is the pest nowadays, its nonsens for buying, yes, and i dislike also KYC for the token sale, but this seems to b standard now. Sad

I hate kyc too but actually, if there is not kyc for an ico i try to avoid it. Because the absence of it means bad news most of the times.
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

the best part is that the blockchain could really determine the ownership of in game items and make the transfer from one player to the other easier and without risks

I'm not sure how this will impact in ownership. How will it be able to check that people is installing the game on different computers?

When someone sends you a token, you own it. No need special software to check it, just check your address
I think the person wanted to clarify the procedure KYC, you will need to pass it to participate in the ICO or to obtain the purchased coins, or not?

I dont think that they are talking about the KYC procedures or else, ownership of in game items can be determined by the private keys or else maybe? (I m just thinking loudly:) )
If they would apply KYC procedures to determine ownership of items this would be extremely inconvenient
personally i would don't like if the kyc will be necessary to buy in game items or to participate in the ico...

KYC won't be necessary for purchasing games and apps in the store but may be mandatory for TGE participants.

Yes, it will be make no sense if for buying games and apps we have to do kyc first. KYC during the token sale will be okay!
KYC is the pest nowadays, its nonsens for buying, yes, and i dislike also KYC for the token sale, but this seems to b standard now. Sad
Activity: 238
Merit: 0

Activity: 770
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Simple games are always the most popular especially if we talk about mobile gaming, don't tell me that angry birds and plant vs zombies are complex games Grin

There will be only mobile games? For both platform (ios and android) ? Or web-games and pc?

There will be mobile games and apps in the store. The store is planned to be only for Android now since iOS isn't very widespread in the emerging markets and if someone has an iPhone he/she has probably also a credit/debit card. We want to focus primarily on unbanked people since we see there a huge potential.

Where do you get that information from? What about second hand/refurbished iOS devices?

I guess ALAX.io's concentration is on the Android platform which is a good decision since Android is widely used even by the unbanked people. Indeed, the project's business model is unique!
Agreed, android is used by a lot people compared to IOS one. But developing both applications is a must since both OS have their own supporters.
Yes, once an application is designed it is a must to port it to IOS. Coding is different, but the idea is clear and it should be not so hard for an experienced coder.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 252
Simple games are always the most popular especially if we talk about mobile gaming, don't tell me that angry birds and plant vs zombies are complex games Grin

There will be only mobile games? For both platform (ios and android) ? Or web-games and pc?

There will be mobile games and apps in the store. The store is planned to be only for Android now since iOS isn't very widespread in the emerging markets and if someone has an iPhone he/she has probably also a credit/debit card. We want to focus primarily on unbanked people since we see there a huge potential.

Where do you get that information from? What about second hand/refurbished iOS devices?

I guess ALAX.io's concentration is on the Android platform which is a good decision since Android is widely used even by the unbanked people. Indeed, the project's business model is unique!
Agreed, android is used by a lot people compared to IOS one. But developing both applications is a must since both OS have their own supporters.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
Most people don't want to farm endless hours on path of exile or build strategies to kill demon soul's bosses or do difficult content on meat boy. they just want to do ripetitive simple things (btw that's why crypto isn't mainstream yet, too much works to do)

Just a quick game while commuting in the metro,bus,tram or etc. is wonderful i think, time taking strategy games or breathtaking graphics is not important in mobile gaming or not in the first place.

It depends actually. Some games you don't except any graphics at all but some you want the best graphics can it ever be.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1

Activity: 616
Merit: 100
Which is the point of the partnership with Dragonfly, exapand the userbase. Have looked at their website? They have this series, Special Force, good graphics for a mobile game

I am afraid that you are mistaken our Dragonfly with another one  Sad Our Dragonfly is not a Game developer company but is focused on creating platforms - mobile app stores, where other developers can publish their content. Dragonfly has a series of mobile stores with different names which are pre-installed on millions of phones thanks to the deals it has with mobile phone manufacturers. It is more of a B2B company, not B2C since their customers are mobile app developers and phone manufacturers.

Glad to hear that clarification. And as far as I know, this partnership of yours will eventually lead to an amazing and fruitful endeavor.Imho.
Activity: 686
Merit: 100

It would really be a waste of time to use Kyc to buy currencies on the platform, they will already be trading in P2P, and all this excessive control would expel many users who prefer anonymity and agility
Activity: 840
Merit: 10
ZooomEx- a new cryptocurrency exchange!

members will publish their own games and will receive some % from sales? How much % from sales they will get and how much % your?
Activity: 583
Merit: 13
Looks nice, but how can I be sure that it's not a scam ?

You just need to do your research to be sure. Learn something about DECENT for example - check their blog where you will find also a post about ALAX etc.

Game developers can add alax currency in their games ?

Yes this will be possible. Mobile game developers will be able to set a reward system which will reward people who are playing the game with ALA tokens, which they can spend in the game or for other games. But this always depends on the devs. We are just creating this possibility.
Which is the point of the partnership with Dragonfly, exapand the userbase. Have looked at their website? They have this series, Special Force, good graphics for a mobile game

I am afraid that you are mistaken our Dragonfly with another one  Sad Our Dragonfly is not a Game developer company but is focused on creating platforms - mobile app stores, where other developers can publish their content. Dragonfly has a series of mobile stores with different names which are pre-installed on millions of phones thanks to the deals it has with mobile phone manufacturers. It is more of a B2B company, not B2C since their customers are mobile app developers and phone manufacturers.
Activity: 434
Cryptokitties is a blockchain game, it's not a videogame with integrated blockchain, don't confuse the two. Cryptokitties are just tokens (collectible tokens to be exact)

Many successful games are very simple ones, think of all the Facebook games and match 3 games. If a simple game can bring the blockchain to the mainstream so be it.

true enough, bu having a game like crypto kitties on Alax would boost it immensely.
Activity: 476
Cryptokitties is a blockchain game, it's not a videogame with integrated blockchain, don't confuse the two. Cryptokitties are just tokens (collectible tokens to be exact)

Many successful games are very simple ones, think of all the Facebook games and match 3 games. If a simple game can bring the blockchain to the mainstream so be it.
Activity: 616
Merit: 145
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
Activity: 336
Merit: 112

Oh no more crypto kitties... Grin next time something like this happens, I hope they gonna check the capabilities of a network to handle all this shit, otherwise nothing good will come out of it again.
Unfortunately I have to disappoint you, Pandarium is on the way.
I hope developers make sure that the Blockchain is not overloaded or develop an own blockchain.

What is Pandarium? The next big shit game on the ETH blockchain? Nice to see that the crypto community has arrived in the era of cheap produced shit games, pumping their money in this stuff like 10 years ago into browser games... -.-

Its okay as long as the Ethereum blockchain will be able to handle it, they shouldve learned from crypto kitties.
Game market is big and popular in this decade and more will come (VR, AR, etc), its a good time and opportunity for alax to act now.

it would be great if Alax would host a game similar to crypto kitties that proves popular. would boost the platform.

I have nothing against games and of course a popular game would be good but please, everything we saw so far on blockchain like Crypto Kitties were pure trash. Bad graphics, totally useless shit. Not even something which would be appealing, with a great story or so. I feel like the crypto scene is not just making the same mistakes like the internet bubble, but also doing the same bullshit games like in the early internet time.
Pages:
Jump to: